Mourinho or Mancini

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
Oh and on a side note
I reckon the 80's-90's side of milan were as good as barca if not better
Thats for another day though :)

No chance! :)

Worthwhile discussion though it might be, Messi tips that team into the greatest ever, because he for my money is the greatest player ever.
Was having a debate abt this the other week in the pub
4 out of 5 of us said milan
I guess it will depend on ages of folk who have seen both teams
That was some serious side who cleaned up a hell of a lot more trophies than barca have

The cookie monster said:
That was some serious side who cleaned up a hell of a lot more trophies than barca have
This Barcelona era is far from over.

Skashion said:
The cookie monster said:
True
I'll leave that for another day anyway
Would be a good debate though.

Milan side was much more balanced than this Barcelona one. You could take any player from them, they'd still rule. Barcelona would finish 6th last year without Messi goals.

Maldini, Costacurta, Baresi, Tasotti.. that won't be bettered as long as football exists.

SWP's back said:
Danamy said:
SWP's back said:
No, on this one he just wanted to show everyone how "Jose" he is. It cannot have helped the players before the game having that sideshow going on.

I quote:

“Those who want to whistle me they can do it. People who come later should support their team, support their Real Madrid so that Real Madrid can achieve its objective which is to win the match.

I see that as him putting himself forward to take any criticism from the fans before the players come out, protecting them for the greater need.

It's an interesting debate because both Jose and Bob have pros and cons which all individuals have but looking at the overall picture Jose wins it for me.

Like I said earlier I don't understand why some posters get so defensive for Bob on this debate, it's no different to comparing Messi with Silva?
I'm not defensive of Bob. I think Jose has proven a more succesful manager so far.

But I'm still shocked you're taken in by Jose's quite above though.

Not taken in at all mate

It worked and that's all that matters in his book, he doesn't care if he looks a prick as long as he wins, he'll be smarting about how his season has gone so far, that's for sure.

I've heard plenty of stories whilst he was at Chelsea that I know it's the way he operates, he protects and tries take the pressure off his team at all costs, he bigs them up so they feel unbeatable, he makes them feel as though they'll run through brick walls to win and if you think Bob is a stickler to detail this bloke is on another level.

It's all hypothetical anyway but he'd take this team to the promise land and deliver us the Holy Grail, I'm confident of that but I don't get the same confidence with Bob?

On a side note the being defensive about Bob wasn't directed at you

I find it difficult to believe the level of support on here for Mourinho. Then again there were the vast majority on here fawning over the antics of Ballotelli.

I believe the present owners want the club to represent what thy stand for. They want a club well run from top to bottom, in an image they can be proud of.

I do not believe Jose mourinho is that man. Many on this forum would worship him as they have balotelli, and many worse men have been followed, by those who like to follow.

Personally I didnt like his football at Chelsea, nor at Real Madrid, with the wealth of talent he has available. Would not be worth all the time and money being ploughed into the Etihad campus if he came , that is for sure.

For those who like to lick Maureens Manhood, what would happen if he ended up at the Rags; would you still respect him?

Serious question.

The Future's Blue said:
For those who like to lick Maureens Manhood, what would happen if he ended up at the Rags; would you still respect him?

Serious question.

I don't particularly "suck Jose's cock" however I'd be gutted if he took over at the rags as it would most definitely limit our domestic opportunities.

I'd still respect him as a magnificent manager though.

Rammy Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:

Serious question.

I don't particularly "suck Jose's cock" however I'd be gutted if he took over at the rags as it would most definitely limit our domestic opportunities.

I'd still respect him as a magnificent manager though.
Until he slags City off in his first press conference. ;-)

Skashion said:
The cookie monster said:

But Pep's era is; the Great footballing Milan was Sacchi's team, the 90s era Milan was Capello's and whilst they were more successful over a longer period they were ultimately something entirely different. This is the situation that is likely to come about under Vilanova's Barca, they may become more effective, more ruthless, and more clinical, ultimately it may be a case of substance over style.

When people talk about good sides of a certain era, they often group several "teams" from a period in that clubs history into one; the CL winning Barca of 09 is not the same side as Barca 11, taking Eto'o and Henry out and replacing them with Villa and Pedro produces something significantly different.

Oh, and in reply to the title of this thread, neither.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.