Mourinho or Mancini

WimbledonRd said:
BTW.. he almost lost the title also - if it wasn't for Dzeko's and Aguero's amazing efforts - we wouldn't even get the league.
There we go, the old 'We won the league in spite of him'. Here's one, who changed it up to bring Dzeko on to score the equaliser? Another, who brought Mario on to put the ball to Aguero?

We win as a team and we lose as a team, everybody takes the plaudits and everybody should take the criticism.

BillyShears said:
The Future's Blue said:
I'll have that forever though, knowing I held it when many around were falling apart. You just can't beat that feeling, can you.

You sad, sad, sad, truly tragic, man. I can't figure out who I'm laughing at more, you or WimbledonRd. Two sides of the same myopic coin.
Thanks Mr BS, you've made my day. There was I revelling in the seasons win and the fact that many on here were right about Mancini, then there's you, sounding bitter and twisted.

This 'Sad Man' is Loving it, absolutely loving it! The first top flight win in 44 years and I was fully behind everybody at the club. You just can't beat it mate. What a feeling it was, and still is.

Aguerooooooooooooo!!!

The Future's Blue said:
There we go, the old 'We won the league in spite of him'. Here's one, who changed it up to bring Dzeko on to score the equaliser? Another, who brought Mario on to put the ball to Aguero?

We win as a team and we lose as a team, everybody takes the plaudits and everybody should take the criticism.
It's an impossible argument to respect, United lost the title rather than we won it. What, just because they dropped their points closer to the end than we did? No, that doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter when you drop the points, or when you have a bad patch of form, or when you get the injuries. Maybe you don't buy this, well try this:

Go and look, since 1888, 113 league championships, and making point adjustments for 2 points for a win, when has ANY TEAM in 124 years (113 seasons), ever needed 89 points to win a title?

I'll save you some time if you want because I've already done it. NEVER before 2012, has a team needed 89 points to win the league. How can you say Mancini didn't win the league, when Mancini won the hardest fought title race in 124 years of league history.

Anyone, now knowing this fact, who claims United lost it, rather than we won it, is a fucking idiot.

Skashion said:
The Future's Blue said:

It's an impossible argument to respect, United lost the title rather than we won it. What, just because they dropped their points closer to the end than we did? No, that doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter when you drop the points, or when you have a bad patch of form, or when you get the injuries. Maybe you don't buy this, well try this:

Go and look, since 1888, 113 league championships, and making point adjustments for 2 points for a win, when has ANY TEAM in 124 years (113 seasons), ever needed 89 points to win a title?

I'll save you some time if you want because I've already done it. NEVER before 2012, has a team needed 89 points to win the league. How can you say Mancini didn't win the league, when Mancini won the hardest fought title race in 124 years of league history.

Anyone, now knowing this fact, who claims United lost it, rather than we won it, is a fucking idiot.
I like facts, unlike stats they cannot be distorted.

It's a daft arguement when you think about it. Belittling our biggest acheivement in 44 years to try and prove a point? I just can't get my head around that mentality, especially in the manner that we did it.

Edit: In fact, that's probably the best stat I've heard in a while, thanks mate.

It genuinely astonishes me that Mancini is seen as better or more suited to City than Mourinho. The only thing in his favour is that he's currently in situ. Beyond that it's Jose hands down on every front. The facts and their respective records speak for themselves.

2reoz2r.jpg

Skashion said:
The Future's Blue said:

End. Of. Discussion.

Can we close the thread now? There's nothing else needs to be said.

Thanks Skashion

BillyShears said:
It genuinely astonishes me that Mancini is seen as better or more suited to City than Mourinho. The only thing in his favour is that he's currently in situ. Beyond that it's Jose hands down on every front. The facts and their respective records speak for themselves.
I'm not sure that's the case Billy. I think some of us are happy with the progress being made under Mancini, recognise there have been some aberrations along the way but feel he deserves the contract he was given and, unless something fundamentally goes wrong (ie we suddenly start looking at a relegation battle etc) deserves to see it out.

If the board decided to pull the trigger I would warmly welcome Mourinho or Guardiola as they are undoubtedly talented managers. To be fair, I'd warmly welcome anyone who comes in (within reason - the Govan Piss Can go fuck his self!!) However, it is right to look at the negatives that each of those may have in the interest of balance.

I believe we should give Mancini the chance to achieve with us as he is still relatively young and could go on to build something astonishing here. He has proven in 3 years he is adept domestically given he has won the FA Cup and the League. Clearly, Europe has proven a millstone, yet I still believe (based on our first adventure, not this one) that he has it in his locker to help us progress. How far? Who knows, but I'd like to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.