Mourinho or Mancini

Mouriniho is a here and now type manager - he has no long term committment to any club - 3 maybe 4 years and he fucks off and when he does every team he leaves seems to deteriorate

Back Mancini

strongbowholic said:
Who knows, but I'd like to see.

I suppose that's the nub of it for me. I dislike Mancini almost as much as some of the Mourinho haters in this thread dislike him. Strange I know, but that's the way it is. I've said it before but I don't think he respects the club, I don't think he particularly even understands what we're about, and he constantly puts himself and his ego before what's best for the club.

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:

I suppose that's the nub of it for me. I dislike Mancini almost as much as some of the Mourinho haters in this thread dislike him. Strange I know, but that's the way it is. I've said it before but I don't think he respects the club, I don't think he particularly even understands what we're about, and he constantly puts himself and his ego before what's best for the club.

dafuq

strongbowholic said:
BillyShears said:
It genuinely astonishes me that Mancini is seen as better or more suited to City than Mourinho. The only thing in his favour is that he's currently in situ. Beyond that it's Jose hands down on every front. The facts and their respective records speak for themselves.
I'm not sure that's the case Billy. I think some of us are happy with the progress being made under Mancini, recognise there have been some aberrations along the way but feel he deserves the contract he was given and, unless something fundamentally goes wrong (ie we suddenly start looking at a relegation battle etc) deserves to see it out.

If the board decided to pull the trigger I would warmly welcome Mourinho or Guardiola as they are undoubtedly talented managers. To be fair, I'd warmly welcome anyone who comes in (within reason - the Govan Piss Can go fuck his self!!) However, it is right to look at the negatives that each of those may have in the interest of balance.

I believe we should give Mancini the chance to achieve with us as he is still relatively young and could go on to build something astonishing here. He has proven in 3 years he is adept domestically given he has won the FA Cup and the League. Clearly, Europe has proven a millstone, yet I still believe (based on our first adventure, not this one) that he has it in his locker to help us progress. How far? Who knows, but I'd like to see.
A well reasoned post mate that probably sums up my view. Many City fans are all about the adventure, the hope and the dreams. It's still the 'Not knowing what's around the corner' for many.

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:

Are you talking about Mooo, sums him up perfectly

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:

You might laugh, and I've said it before, but he reminds me of Cloughie in some respects, so I can certainly understand why he'd rub people up the wrong way. I think in this day and age, there are very few, if any, people working for any football club who give a fuck about their club.

I think he gets us though, I just feel his English (while clearly a decent level) lets him down with journos as I reckon he still thinks in Italian, translates it to English then says it. That said, the way he deflected everyone in the run in during last season with his "eez feeneeshed" mantra was brilliant, simply for the fact that people fell for it!

strongbowholic said:
You might laugh, and I've said it before, but he reminds me of Cloughie in some respects, so I can certainly understand why he'd rub people up the wrong way. I think in this day and age, there are very few, if any, people working for any football club who give a fuck about their club.

I think he gets us though, I just feel his English (while clearly a decent level) lets him down with journos as I reckon he still thinks in Italian, translates it to English then says it. That said, the way he deflected everyone in the run in during last season with his "eez feeneeshed" mantra was brilliant, simply for the fact that people fell for it!

Fair points both of them. He's just not the guy for me. This City job is someone's for life, or at least for a decade, and Mancini isn't that guy. All the arguments people use to criticise Mourinho apply equally to Mancini. Guys like Guardiola and Klopp are far far more suited to us than either of those two. Ultimately the owners will decide and Mancini will always have my support at the ground. Just not in the virtual pub that is Bluemoon! :)

strongbowholic said:
BillyShears said:
It genuinely astonishes me that Mancini is seen as better or more suited to City than Mourinho. The only thing in his favour is that he's currently in situ. Beyond that it's Jose hands down on every front. The facts and their respective records speak for themselves.
I'm not sure that's the case Billy. I think some of us are happy with the progress being made under Mancini, recognise there have been some aberrations along the way but feel he deserves the contract he was given and, unless something fundamentally goes wrong (ie we suddenly start looking at a relegation battle etc) deserves to see it out.

If the board decided to pull the trigger I would warmly welcome Mourinho or Guardiola as they are undoubtedly talented managers. To be fair, I'd warmly welcome anyone who comes in (within reason - the Govan Piss Can go fuck his self!!) However, it is right to look at the negatives that each of those may have in the interest of balance.

I believe we should give Mancini the chance to achieve with us as he is still relatively young and could go on to build something astonishing here. He has proven in 3 years he is adept domestically given he has won the FA Cup and the League. Clearly, Europe has proven a millstone, yet I still believe (based on our first adventure, not this one) that he has it in his locker to help us progress. How far? Who knows, but I'd like to see.

If you take away the "he should be sacked now" and "he should be given 5 years regardless" radicals, your view represents one side of this ongoing , round the houses argument. It's fairly and reasonably put as I've come to expect from you.

The other side is my view: that in the three years he's been here he has shown significant evidence that he isn't the man to lead City to the heights The Sheikh's investment warrants. That he isn't the inspirational leader a club in City's unique situation needs and that, should better become available, we should jump at that opportunity.

All that will matter in the summer is which side of this argument City's top brass will come down on. Everyone agrees that our league position will form a crucial part of this decision.

And that's where we stand as a club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.