Mourinho or Mancini

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
Well it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

You mean it's not working at Real Madrid, where certain players run the show and have even more power than the likes of Terry at Chelsea. Now there's a surprise ...

Prior to his tenure at Madrid Mourinho has been revered by the overwhelmingly vast majority of his players. IN fact even those who he sold or who he had clashes with acknowledged that he was the best manager they'd ever worked with. Contrast that with what Mancini's ex players say about him and as DD says, what you're looking for you'll find loud and clear.
You're assuming his ego hasn't made him unable to continue creating these feelings in his players.

And there are plenty of players that speak well of Mancini. So far we have only heard from those that Mancini has fucked out of our club. Be interesting to hear what they say about him if he ever leaves us and they have won a few titles.

And no, I mean it doesn't seem to be working anymore. We won't know whether it's a Madrid problem until he is successful or a failure elsewhere.

Shameful with the team Jose has to be as far behind as they are. La liga as a whole doesn't even have the same quality as the premiership does and the two big teams get the lion share of the the Money and sponsorship deal. He has it far easier than Mancini does IMO !

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Still managed to outwit him tactically twice this year...
Twice? You sure about that Dave?

But for Hart missing a very simple save we'd have drawn both. Or is it Mancini lack of tactics that meant Hart couldn't save a very run of the mill Ronaldo shot?

It's Hart who is responsible we haven't concede 5-6 on that day, we barely touched the ball til Dzeko's goal and effectively played without being punched all over the place for some 10-15 minutes.

Madrid dominated that game 5 times more than we did Reading one yesterday. They had 35 or more shots that day and result was impressively good for us how the game was going.

Didsbury, If Mourinho was 15pt behind utd, this time next year, would he still be your genius. Will you become a red if he goes to utd ?

We would be 13 points behind United this time this year if they lost 2 points only ;)

Jose mentally 'checked out' of the Madrid job when he announced before our game this would be his last season.

That gave the established order at Madrid, those who perceive themselves to be the real power at the club, to agitate that little more.

Madrid is a strange club, there is a certain snobbery to their standing, certainly, a Portuguese manager riles some, simply because he is not Spanish.

We have even seen some bad vibes towards Ronaldo, which is laughable in terms of his overall contribution.

People take this piss about Rafa Benitez, but ask yourself why he is a strong contender to replace Jose, politics, simple.

Mourinho will have the last laugh because he is always thinking three steps ahead.

MSP said:
We would be 13 points behind United this time this year if they lost 2 points only ;)

And? We haven't played sides as weak as those Madrid have played.

Madrid and Barca always collect more points than the leaders in the Premier League due to the weak nature of their lesser teams.

SWP's back said:
MSP said:

And nothing, it's not me who repeat points tally but those who want to prove something with it.

Last year Barcelona as runner up had 2 or 3 points more than PL runner up so current domination by 2 leading clubs is not as much different as you would like me to think ;)

And I'm not that sure Spanish opposition is as much weaker as you like to think too.

MSP said:
SWP's back said:
MSP said:

And nothing, it's not me who repeat points tally but those who want to prove something with it.

Last year Barcelona as runner up had 2 or 3 points more than PL runner up so current domination by 2 leading clubs is not as much different as you would like me to think ;)

And I'm not that sure Spanish opposition is as much weaker as you like to think too.

Oh, you seem to have missed my post this morning. Here it is again:
Skashion said:
MSP said:
The only reason Mancini is not in Mourinho's position is that he doesn't have to compete with Barcelona. Madrid have 6 points and a game less than City but are 16 points behind because Barcelona lost 2 points in 17 matches. And those two were lost against Madrid. He's still in Champions League though and made it by beating Mancini for that place.
You can't compare the points across the two leagues. Barcelona and Real Madrid finished with more than 90 points each in the past three years. Two teams finishing with more than 90 points has NEVER happened in English football. The highest runners-up total in La Liga is 96 points (which beats our record title win of Chelsea with 95 points). The highest runners-up total in England is 89 points. Real Madrid are expected to accumulate more points than an English team because you need more points than an English team to win La Liga. It is easier for the big two to pick up points in La Liga because the gap is bigger between the big two and the rest. It's not hard to see why, because they utterly dominate revenue as they control their own TV rights whereas the Premier League is much more egalitarian in spreading out the TV rights money.

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
Well it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

You mean it's not working at Real Madrid, where certain players run the show and have even more power than the likes of Terry at Chelsea. Now there's a surprise ...

Prior to his tenure at Madrid Mourinho has been revered by the overwhelmingly vast majority of his players. IN fact even those who he sold or who he had clashes with acknowledged that he was the best manager they'd ever worked with. Contrast that with what Mancini's ex players say about him and as DD says, what you're looking for you'll find loud and clear.
You're assuming his ego hasn't made him unable to continue creating these feelings in his players.

And there are plenty of players that speak well of Mancini. So far we have only heard from those that Mancini has fucked out of our club. Be interesting to hear what they say about him if he ever leaves us and they have won a few titles.

And no, I mean it doesn't seem to be working anymore. We won't know whether it's a Madrid problem until he is successful or a failure elsewhere.

I find this perception of Mancini that his players don't like him intriguing. I've seen players such as Simeone, Cambiasso and Zanetti speak very highly of him, just to give a few examples.

Then there's the fact that Vieira and Maicon came to City to work with him again.

Mourinho has a very good propaganda machine and Mancini's doesn't appear to be as good, that's how it appears to me.

Skashion said:
MSP said:
SWP's back said:

Oh, you seem to have missed my post this morning. Here it is again:
Skashion said:
MSP said:
The only reason Mancini is not in Mourinho's position is that he doesn't have to compete with Barcelona. Madrid have 6 points and a game less than City but are 16 points behind because Barcelona lost 2 points in 17 matches. And those two were lost against Madrid. He's still in Champions League though and made it by beating Mancini for that place.
You can't compare the points across the two leagues. Barcelona and Real Madrid finished with more than 90 points each in the past three years. Two teams finishing with more than 90 points has NEVER happened in English football. The highest runners-up total in La Liga is 96 points (which beats our record title win of Chelsea with 95 points). The highest runners-up total in England is 89 points. Real Madrid are expected to accumulate more points than an English team because you need more points than an English team to win La Liga. It is easier for the big two to pick up points in La Liga because the gap is bigger between the big two and the rest. It's not hard to see why, because they utterly dominate revenue as they control their own TV rights whereas the Premier League is much more egalitarian in spreading out the TV rights money.

No, I didn't miss your point, SWP had pretty much same points as you, just wrote it with less words.

Check the table of two leagues from last year and compare runners up points and you'll see the two club domination currently is not that different in two leagues.

Nor the quality of two leagues is as different as you guys love to think.

And anyway, when someone wants to beat Mourinho with his current position, it's very interesting that fact he had 100 points and beaten probably the best side ever by 8-9 points last season is somehow forgotten.

Rolee said:
I find this perception of Mancini that his players don't like him intriguing. I've seen players such as Simeone, Cambiasso and Zanetti speak very highly of him, just to give a few examples.

Then there's the fact that Vieira and Maicon came to City to work with him again.

Mourinho has a very good propaganda machine and Mancini's doesn't appear to be as good, that's how it appears to me.

You make a very good point about Viera and Maicon. I believe Viera and Mancini actually fell out at Inter, so it's all the more interesting that he still came to City. Honestly I've not read much positive about Mancini from players he's coached in the past. I'm not saying that there aren't players who have good things to say about him.

Not sure I agree at all with the idea of Mourinho having a good propaganda machine. He just generates something in his players. Ibra liked Mancini and didn't have much particularly bad to say about him from his time playing under him. However when asked what the difference between the two managers he said "I'd kill for Mourinho."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.