Mourinho or Mancini

BillyShears said:
Rolee said:
I find this perception of Mancini that his players don't like him intriguing. I've seen players such as Simeone, Cambiasso and Zanetti speak very highly of him, just to give a few examples.

Then there's the fact that Vieira and Maicon came to City to work with him again.

Mourinho has a very good propaganda machine and Mancini's doesn't appear to be as good, that's how it appears to me.

You make a very good point about Viera and Maicon. I believe Viera and Mancini actually fell out at Inter, so it's all the more interesting that he still came to City. Honestly I've not read much positive about Mancini from players he's coached in the past. I'm not saying that there aren't players who have good things to say about him.

Not sure I agree at all with the idea of Mourinho having a good propaganda machine. He just generates something in his players. Ibra liked Mancini and didn't have much particularly bad to say about him from his time playing under him. However when asked what the difference between the two managers he said "I'd kill for Mourinho."

The complimentary stuff from Mancini's ex players is out there Billy if you look for it, it just doesn't seem to be shoved down our throats by the English media, the way it is with Jose.

Rolee said:
The complimentary stuff from Mancini's ex players is out there Billy if you look for it, it just doesn't seem to be shoved down our throats by the English media, the way it is with Jose.

I actually just found this on the forum from Cambiasso. Very interesting quotes.

"Mourinho was a leader who changed the makeup of the team, he knew how to lead, he understood what we were missing after the 1st yr”

"The real difference is going from not winning to winning, not from winning to winning more: we learned how to win with Mancini."

These from Diego Simeone.

"My experiences of Mancini were positive. He is not a typical Italian coach. He will not use a typically defensive Italian system and so for a player like Robinho or Carlos Tevez the way he sets the team up could be advantageous.

"But if they are not prepared to work, in both halves of the field, then they won’t be in the team."

And this from the Guardian.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/21/roberto-mancini-manchester-city2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ster-city2</a>

Interesting that Zanetti says Mancini and Mourinho have similar characteristics.

MSP said:
No, I didn't miss your point, SWP had pretty much same points as you, just wrote it with less words.

Check the table of two leagues from last year and compare runners up points and you'll see the two club domination currently is not that different in two leagues.

Nor the quality of two leagues is as different as you guys love to think.
So, take one isolated number, because it suits your argument? You know what, no, I won't, because it was a record year for the Spanish title winner, and a record year for our runner-up. In fact, instead I'll take the season before last, when the gap was 21 points. Or should we accept an average of 11 points more for the runners-up and 13 points for the champion? It's just a fact that over the past few years, the top two in Spain, have accumulated a lot more points than in England, meaning they better relative to their domestic opposition and thus are more dominant. It's not a fact you can dispute. It's there, in plain indisputable numbers.

2011/12
101 - 89 = 11 points
91 - 89 = 2 points

2010/11
96 - 80 = 16 points
92 - 71 = 21 points

2009/10
99 - 86 = 13 points
96 - 85 = 11 points

Isolated incident?

And current Real Madrid points tale is usual "incident"?

We are talking about current situation, not the one 5 years ago or I could go few more back and find Barcelona/Real picking even less points than their English counterparts.

You're picking arguments not for arguments sake but how they fit you, not much use of discussion in such case ;)

Man won 100 points and left Barcelona 8 points behind last season. You know, same barcelona everyone is wanking about here on daily basis.

BillyShears said:
Rolee said:
I find this perception of Mancini that his players don't like him intriguing. I've seen players such as Simeone, Cambiasso and Zanetti speak very highly of him, just to give a few examples.

Then there's the fact that Vieira and Maicon came to City to work with him again.

Mourinho has a very good propaganda machine and Mancini's doesn't appear to be as good, that's how it appears to me.

You make a very good point about Viera and Maicon. I believe Viera and Mancini actually fell out at Inter, so it's all the more interesting that he still came to City. Honestly I've not read much positive about Mancini from players he's coached in the past. I'm not saying that there aren't players who have good things to say about him.

Not sure I agree at all with the idea of Mourinho having a good propaganda machine. He just generates something in his players. Ibra liked Mancini and didn't have much particularly bad to say about him from his time playing under him. However when asked what the difference between the two managers he said "I'd kill for Mourinho."
When Vieira joined he was asked about Mancini and he said 'to be honest I don't really know him' or words to that effect. Spoke volumes.

And it's laughable of course to blame the media.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Rolee said:

When Vieira joined he was asked about Mancini and he said 'to be honest I don't really know him' or words to that effect. Spoke volumes.

Of course it is. Sorry for having an opinion oh chosen one. Please do forgive me.

MSP said:
Isolated incident?

And current Real Madrid points tale is usual "incident"?

We are talking about current situation, not the one 5 years ago or I could go few more back and find Barcelona/Real picking even less points than their English counterparts.

You're picking arguments not for arguments sake but how they fit you, not much use of discussion in such case ;)

Man won 100 points and left Barcelona 8 points behind last season. You know, same barcelona everyone is wanking about here on daily basis.
Yes, isolated, I could have picked the 21 points from the season before. The average over the past three years is that the Spanish champions have won 13 points more than the English champions and the Spanish runners-up have won 11 points more. You can't wish it away. It is a fact.

The current situation is that Real Madrid have to win more points than English teams to win the Spanish title. This has been the case for the past three years as well. The record from the previous three years shows they can and have to win more points than an English team to win the title. Comparing it to English points totals is therefore the act of someone who is ignorant, or someone who's an idiot. You're sounding more and more like the latter because you're steadfastly refusing to acknowledge that it is easier for the Spanish big two to win points even when faced with the facts that show for the past three years (and this year as well for Barcelona) they HAVE done. The only thing that has changed is that Mourinho is not achieving it this year. Saying he only has six points less than us is not a defence.

BillyShears said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
BillyShears said:
This is the most salient point which is, surprise surprise, lost amongst the gloating about Mourinho's apparent demise. Madrid were in our CL group. We're no longer in the competition. Madrid are. Says it all.

It hardly 'says it all'.

Surely there is more to this debate than the outcome of two games of football.

Oh, is there a debate going on ? I thought this was just the thread the Mourinho's hater bumped so they could post inane jibes because he's lost a football match.
Which attracted the mancini haters
Works every time.

Rolee said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

Of course it is. Sorry for having an opinion oh chosen one. Please do forgive me.
Sorry for laughing at your opinion. I couldn't help it though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.