Mourinho or Mancini

Marvin said:
Is Laudrup experienced enough. Phil Brown had one great season with Hull, and where is he now?

I would like Mancini to come back from the dead and prove the critics wrong. If he stabilises City and we go to Wembley and finish 2nd I'd stick with him.

I don't suppose it's finishing 2nd that particularly bothers City fans, but the sight of City in disarray which is what we witnessed in the last 2 games. We have to turn this around.
Spoke my heart.

Marvin said:
Is Laudrup experienced enough. Phil Brown had one great season with Hull, and where is he now?

I would like Mancini to come back from the dead and prove the critics wrong. If he stabilises City and we go to Wembley and finish 2nd I'd stick with him.

I don't suppose it's finishing 2nd that particularly bothers City fans, but the sight of City in disarray which is what we witnessed in the last 2 games. We have to turn this around.

Laudrup is experienced. Getafe got to the final of the Copa del Rey and quarters of the Europa League. He turned down the chance to manage Atletico.

He played for Barca under Cruyff which seems to have rubbed off. See the way Swansea play. Phil Brown he ain't.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueparrot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I don't know where we could turn if Mourinho doesn't come here.

Right man, right time for a variety of reasons.

His qualities of motivation and tactical nous are what our current team are crying out for.

We need, as a club, to get a bit of the roller coaster about us again.

The people who will decide one way or another have looked at Mourinho before and decided he wasn't for them before appointing an unknown. They are the sort of people who decide on a way ahead and appoint somebody they believe is the best person to impliment their vision.
Now I don't know if they will stick with Mancini or not, but I suspect if they do change it will not be for Mourinho and could well be somebody none of us can guess.

They decided he wasn't for Barcelona, not them, personally.

Soriano more or less said Jose had the job, until Pep came forward.

Begiristain admits he liked Jose, even stayed at his house in Portugal.

I just believe Barca are a very different animal, sustained by years of success.

Doesn't mean the shoe don't fit elsewhere.

As it is, I fear Jose will run back to Chelsea with open arms if Roman swallows his pride.

I don't think his time at Real has enhanced his reputation, but I think he will go back to Chelsea as well.
I still think he would want too much control for the set up being put in place at City. I think the talk of 433 with players chosen by Txiki and Ferran isn't far off the mark and there will be a lot of changes in the summer. They may well decide they want stability in the coaches and if Mancini works with them will be given a chance to at least start the season.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueparrot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

His qualities of motivation and tactical nous are what our current team are crying out for.

The people who will decide one way or another have looked at Mourinho before and decided he wasn't for them before appointing an unknown. They are the sort of people who decide on a way ahead and appoint somebody they believe is the best person to impliment their vision.
Now I don't know if they will stick with Mancini or not, but I suspect if they do change it will not be for Mourinho and could well be somebody none of us can guess.

They decided he wasn't for Barcelona, not them, personally.

Soriano more or less said Jose had the job, until Pep came forward.

Begiristain admits he liked Jose, even stayed at his house in Portugal.

I just believe Barca are a very different animal, sustained by years of success.

Doesn't mean the shoe don't fit elsewhere.

As it is, I fear Jose will run back to Chelsea with open arms if Roman swallows his pride.

RDM and his CL win could be the thing that bags us Mou. Had Chelsea still needed to win the big one he would go back and want to bring it home so to speak but now they have, Mou would gain nothing going back there whilst with us......;-)

robbieh said:
Marvin said:

Laudrup is experienced. Getafe got to the final of the Copa del Rey and quarters of the Europa League. He turned down the chance to manage Atletico.

He played for Barca under Cruyff which seems to have rubbed off. See the way Swansea play. Phil Brown he ain't.

Swansea play the way they do because of the previous years of hard work and building from Martinez and Rodgers. It's not all down to Laudrup. Talk of replacing Mancini with him is ridiculous.

the goats backside said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

What concerns me Tolm, is we are probably paying the 2 from Barcelona shit loads, I presume our guys at the top thought Pep would be coming, so what is their role now

It's insulting to Club and it's owners and hierarchy to think that Cheeky and Soriano are hired just to bring Guardiola.

It's something you can expect (and I heard it million times) from rags and other club fans who enjoy in belittling City but it's strange o read it from City fans themselves.t

WNRH said:
jay_mcfc said:
In my support for Mancini I have derided Mourinho on here a little.

Not any more though. The time has come.

He is 16 points behind in the league and he was handed Ronaldo, Alonso, Ramos, Casillas, Benzema, Higuain on a plate.

That wont be relevant at all of he wins them the Champions League.
Anyway, regardless of their current league position re Barca, if you look at the bigger picture it would be hard to argue he isn't the outstanding candidate with the best overall record

WNRH said:
robbieh said:
Marvin said:

Swansea play the way they do because of the previous years of hard work and building from Martinez and Rodgers. It's not all down to Laudrup. Talk of replacing Mancini with him is ridiculous.

He will be in the running to replace Mourinho at Madrid. In Spain he is hugely admired. His career didn't start when he entered the PL. He will be much more successful than Rodgers and Martinez whether that is with us or elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.