Mourinho vs Pellegrini

I don't like the man. I don't like the way he sets his teams up and him being a winner doesn't hold much water when you consider what we've won in the previous 4 years. This team will challenge again next season whoever is in charge. If there was a straight choice between Pellegrini and Mourinho going into next year Id choose Pellegrini in a heartbeat.
It's only baffling if you don't think City can win as much as Chelsea next time around. I do.
I agree with all of this.

Haha, if I were you I'd button it about Simeone, because the guy is the best young manager around and will go on to manage a top club one day. When he does he'll win plenty.

I won't be holding my breath then. He's only gonna get further and further behind Real and Barca and I don't see any other top clubs queuing up for his signature.

To suggest pellergrini is a better manager is laughable. If Jose was our manager we would forgive him his outbursts as he would be our man and we would probably be a ruthless winning machine. Every other club hates him and he loves that and cultivates it with his comments etc. to doubt his qualities as a coach or his achievements is just a joke.

To suggest pellergrini is a better manager is laughable. If Jose was our manager we would forgive him his outbursts as he would be our man and we would probably be a ruthless winning machine. Every other club hates him and he loves that and cultivates it with his comments etc. to doubt his qualities as a coach or his achievements is just a joke.
Yep. If he was ours we'd probably be laughing at some of the nonsense he comes out with. Oh, and he'd be having a dig at the press for some of their bullshit stories about us.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Pellegrini is better, just that they prefer the team to play a certain way.

If everyone was to do what Mourinho does then the game would die as it would become unwatchable.

I personally would have a hard time watching if Mourinho was our manager, his teams bore me to the point of distraction.

It would be interesting to see how our team would change if Mourinho was the manager of our squad. Somehow I can't imagine the likes of Aguero, Silva and Zabaleta falling on their arses at every opportunity while Komps, Demi and the rest of the squad surround and harangue the ref. As this behaviour has been typical of all Mourinho's teams wherever he's managed I think we'd see quite a few of the fans favourites leaving. I class Mourinho as the managerial equivalent of Luis Suarez, one of the best in the world at what he does but is completely let down by his willingness to cheat and behave like a complete **** to make sure he wins and like Suarez I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club. He's a great manager if you're the kind if fan who doesn't really go to games or watch much football but likes the reflected glory of saying you support a winning side, perfect for the Stretford scum in other words.

This is Manchester City, where we have accepted shit results as long as we are trying to play football the way we know football is supposed to be played. In short, this is one of the reasons I admire Wenger's position on the game, even if I can't particularly find my way to liking him. Football is an art and Pellegrini wants to paint it beautifully and creatively. To Mourinho, football is a science, requiring formulaic football that depends solely upon who he faces on the field.

Is there a happy medium between those relative extremes? Yes, but it is a looooong way towards Pelle's side of that spectrum...a long way!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.