Mourinho vs Pellegrini

It’s easier to judge Mourinho on personality, tactics, and style of football (which was attractive last year until he reverted to type after they came unstuck at Tottenham. You can question his attitude, but you can’t doubt his trophy haul.
Pellegrini is harder to judge, precisely because we can’t even make our own mind up.

I thought he wouldn’t last the season after our dreadful capitulation at the Swamp, but somehow we rallied (and rode our luck) to beat Tottenham, Villa, and a few disinterested teams.

I also think that our style of football can be equally boring at times. Fantastic when we’re 2-0 up and Yaya and Silva are running the show, but turgid when we’re losing at Burnley and both players are hiding.

When Pellegrini complains about our lack of intensity against Burnley, CSKA, or Boro (to name, but three) why isn’t he doing something about it?

Are we going to try 4-4-2 again and then wonder why we’ve been overrun by Bayern or Barca?

Personally, I#ve got an uneasy feeling that the way we finished the season might have papered over a few cracks, which will reappear again next season.
Hopefully, I'll be proved wrong, but unlike last year, we need to hit the ground running.

Just put the two CV's side by side and read them.
It is 100% clear who is the better football manager by some considerable distance and he isn't Chilean.

Mourinho has largely worked at clubs that are in a 1 or 2 horse race though.

If you just want trophies, then Mourinho is probably your man but if you want to enjoy the games as well, then Pellegrini's football is much easier on the eye.

Given the choice of the 2, I'd take Pellegrini.

Just put the two CV's side by side and read them.
It is 100% clear who is the better football manager by some considerable distance and he isn't Chilean.

Maybe so but lets not forget that both Chelsea & Real Madrid had to fcuk him off before they could win the CL.

I hate it when this debate rears its head, the obvious answer is that Maureen wins trophies short term with his us against the world mentality and win at all costs tactics, if you recall we employed similar during some of the Mancini reign. But like a lot of blues I wouldn't have him anywhere near City, give me Pellers everyday of the week.

Mourinho has largely worked at clubs that are in a 1 or 2 horse race though.

If you just want trophies, then Mourinho is probably your man but if you want to enjoy the games as well, then Pellegrini's football is much easier on the eye.

Given the choice of the 2, I'd take Pellegrini.
With regards to the 1 or 2 horse race stuff:
When was the last time Porto won the Champs League before Mourinho went there?
When was the last time Chelsea won the League before Mourinho went there?
When was the last time Inter won the Champs League before Mourinho went there?
With regards to enjoying the football:
Who played the best football last season, City or Chelsea?

On your last question, that's debatable but we were well below par whereas they were at their best more or less consistently

We didnt win it convincingly when we had by far the best squad... Do you get it yet??? Its called underachieving...

Oh I get that and quite agree.

However to say we won the league because one player slips to concede a goal was the reason we won the title is another thing.

His Champions league wins with Porto and Inter were great achievements. It's a bit strange though that he won with teams that you wouldn't expect to win it but failed to win it with teams (Chelsea and Real Madrid) that you would have had them amongst the favourites, both of whom won it after he left.

I thought we played more exciting football then Chelsea last season.

As good a manager as he is, I'd rather have Pellegrini. In their 2 years together in England, they both have one season without a trophy and one double. Let's see who comes out on top next season.

Hmmm. Is that meant to be a defence of MouMou?

Porto and Inter's CL wins were tantamount to Greece winning the Euros. Might look nice on MouMou's CV but in real footballing terms those two runs to the final were full of shit negative football and enormous dollops of insane luck. It's why the achievements are only recognised on MouMou's CV. Nobody talks about, remembers, or cares about the Porto team or the Inter team which won those competitions.

Chelsea finished 2nd the season before he came in and won the league. He also bought the best players in Europe to add to the previous year's shopping to that squad to win that league. He didn't take a plucky mid table side to the title.

Look we get it. You think Mourinho is amazing, in many respects his achievements aren't to be sniffed at. But who gives a shit. He's not our manager and never will be and since he's spent the last 18 months talking shit about our club, I'd expect most people naturally will think he's a **** and wish him and his club nothing but the worst.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.