Mr Bates vs the Post Office

A side issue with this is that the victims in all of this will have struggled and been refused certain types of insurance over the years.
Some, those that went to prison may not be able to get insurance ever again.
The insurance issue will have been a huge challenge for some and most likely for some time to come, even if convictions are quashed.

A side issue with this is that the victims in all of this will have struggled and been refused certain types of insurance over the years.
The insurance issue will have been a huge challenge for some and most likely for some time to come, even if convictions are quashed.
Insurance for what?

God, this corporate speak reminds me of the Further Education College I worked for 30 years prior to retiring early in 2019. The College Principal has married the Head of HR ( his second wife as his first had sadly passed away). Therefore a lot of things were decided between them, I would surmise. While I personally think this Principal did some good things for the College he could be a vindictive, nasty bullying **** to anyone who opposed him or his instructions. The thing I always remember, that our then Head of Health and Safety (another bullying ****), told me his job is primarily to stop the Principal and College getting sued, funnily enough I always thought fis first duty was to ensure correct health and safety practices and procedures for all College, staff, students, and visitors. Prior to periodic scottish Office inspections of the College there was a lot of overrnight shredding of documents dumped in black bags by the senior management team. A lot of good people had to leave the college due to being hounded out, maybe this is symptomatic of all institunions like universities, NHS trusts, I don’t know.
Your experience is accurate. I worked in the public and private sector, mostly at Director level, for 35 years. It always makes me laugh when people say this country is "not corrupt like places like Italy." Corruption ranges from pilfering and expenses fiddling to fraud on a significant scale. I have witnessed it in every single organisation I have worked in. It is endemic in the UK at all levels of society. People need to wake up and smell the coffee...but they never will because the only thing more rife than corruption is self preservation.

I predict he wont be in his current role much longer
looks like he was only in the role because his higher ups as he calls them knew he would just do and say anything they wanted, i mean, even signed a statement written for him ffs

Insurance for what?
Home and contents insurance for definite. If you've been turned down for the above then the likelihood is you'll struggle or priced up for getting others after being turned down for those mentioned.
Basically there's question a about 'unspent convictions' in applications. This already probably affects a few million households without them even realising.
I.E. Many will have insurance that (A) is invalid and (B) made a false declaration, whether knowingly or not when filling out the forms.
As far as I'm aware a custodial sentence pretty much makes you uninsurable with regards to home insurance.
The only thing that doesn't flag up is non criminal motoring offences.

Those that went to prison wouldn’t still be classed as unspent convictions I don’t think, it’s normally up to about seven years post the sentence. Agree with the point though.

Didn't Pol go after post masters who signed contracts that they did not understand. Didn't Pol go after fictional debts as post masters had signed accounting records that they knew to be incorrect. Didn't Pol go after post masters who altered accounting records through fear and signed them.
It was tough shit when you were putting the fear of god in them during interviews, so guess what you scouse twat. What goes around.

Watched it over the last two nights. Thought it was about two hours too long. Was bored by the third episode.

Probably would have been better condensing it into one extended episode.
I've not watched the ITV drama/doc at all. There an hour long documentary on BBC iplayer which gives the story and interviews the people involved. There's also a Panorama investigation from quite a few years ago that's on YouTube that's worth a watch. This has been grinding on for a few years, but fair play to ITV - their series has put a bomb under it and brought the scandal to the (now outraged) Great British public.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.