Mr Kun Aguero

Re: Mr Kun Agguero

themadinventor said:
Neville Kneville said:
B.L.U.E.M.O.O.N said:
agreed, but it was one of the best impacts by a sub I have seen and particularly on his debut......worth the wait....roll on notlob

He was one of the best players in the Premier League before he kicked a ball. We have signed one of the best players in the world.

I hope your right, but I still think it's way over the top to say he is now, as for "before he even kicked a ball" is just nuts.

Sergio Aguero is one of the best players in the world. Before yesterday he was and after yesterday he still is, he's been playing like that on consistant basis for a number of seasons in Spain. Say what you like about the Prem being the best in the world etc and maybe it is but the quality of football in Spain is excellent and right up there with the premiership. Aguero has scored goals, made goals and been fantastic in La Liga for a number of seasons despite his age

He has performed against the best, he took apart Barcelona 2 seasons on the run and was exceptional in the 4-3 win over them in the 08/09 season. Mark Bolton, Graham Hunter and Balague who watch more Spanish football than most of us think he's one of the top 5 players in world football, Leo Messi thinks he's outstanding, Coliccini and Jonas from Newcastle think he's better than Tevez and he's only just turned 23

He's a special player, the best player we could realistically have signed this summer and he will be outstanding for us as he was has been in La Liga for a few seasons

themadinventor said:
Neville Kneville said:
B.L.U.E.M.O.O.N said:
agreed, but it was one of the best impacts by a sub I have seen and particularly on his debut......worth the wait....roll on notlob

He was one of the best players in the Premier League before he kicked a ball. We have signed one of the best players in the world.

I hope your right, but I still think it's way over the top to say he is now, as for "before he even kicked a ball" is just nuts.
No, it isn't. It may be OTT, but it is not "just nuts".

Aguero was already known to be one of the best players in the world, before he even kicked a ball in the PL.

Of course, there's always a chance that he might yet be a flop in the PL. After last night, I don't think I'll put any money on that happening.

Frank H said:
themadinventor said:
Neville Kneville said:

No, it isn't. It may be OTT, but it is not "just nuts".

Aguero was already known to be one of the best players in the world, before he even kicked a ball in the PL.

Of course, there's always a chance that he might yet be a flop in the PL. After last night, I don't think I'll put any money on that happening.

The op said "in the premiership" not in the world, I just dont know how after 30 minutes anyone can come to that conclusion, I understand that some people have watched this kid in other countries and can say with some confidence that he's the best player they have seen, but not in the premiership until he's done it here regularly, over the years many many world class players have flopped here, so I say again imo you cant be the best player in the premiership until you have done the business week in week out, I think he has every chance to be the best player in the league and I defo hope so, I just think its nuts to say so after 30 minutes.

Well im not sure what you guys expected from his debut but i expected a taste and a glimpse of what is to come, and boy did he deliver.

I watched the match twice last night, but on the 2nd occasion i studied Aguero's play as much as tv camera's would allow me.

The impact he made into the game was almost instant. I used to talk to former Rochdale winger Darren Ryan alot and he was used as a substitute alot, when he started a game, you would see in flashes just what he could do, as a sub though he never really made much of an impact and what Darren said was "It takes around 15-20 minutes to get upto speed with the game, before you can start delivering your best" and that always seems to be the way when a sub comes on. Yes on rare occasions they make an immediate impact like scoring with their first touch, but it is rare for an impact sub.
Last night we saw Aguero make that immediate impact into the game, the thing that impressed me even more was that he continued to get better and excel as the game went on, and after that 15-20 minute mark, he took over the game. It was "The Kun Show".

It is well known for players to take time to settle in The Premiership because of the differences between our game and the continents, and we have recently seen this with many of our players, the main example being Yaya Toure. People questioned him to begin with but as the season went on, Yaya seemed to grow another 2 inches, with each game his performances got better, he became more influential, he was getting used to the game and the tactics. Same can be said of Silva and Balotelli, as both players improved from the start of last season's campaign right to the end. Another huge example is into Trafford and one Cristiano Ronaldo. His first season was very hit and miss, but towards the end of that first season, people were starting to see some of his qualities. We all know what happened after that. There is no way Sergio Aguero can be upto speed in this league already. It is impossible. What i can say though is by the end of the season we should have a more streetwise premiership player who is going to improve as a player for it.

His movement, or lack of it was so clever. He must have sussed out from the bench that he could create his own space, when he got on the pitch, by not moving. There were time where he would allow the opposition player to drift from him and just recieve the ball. It was as if he knew what was going to happen before it did. That one detail is what impressed me more than anything. When he did have to move he made clever runs and created space for our other attacking players.
Now when he runs there is something very special and boy does it remind me of a certain player. Infact, Kun might call him Dad. Diego Maradona. I remember seeing Diego in Mexico 86 and he is what probably made me sit up and take notice of football. Aguero has all those attributes, he runs at a low centre of gravity, has amazing balance, close control, that never say die attitude, and what is going to help him most in this league, the strength he showed last night. For someone so small, he has tremendous upper body strength, and that Argentine blood will stand him in very good stead. Tevez, Zab, Mascherano. All no nonesense players and i believe Aguero is of the same fighting spirit.

Could we seriously have a new Maradona on our hands? There is no doubt, last night we all got to see what Sergio "Kun" Aguero has to offer as an individual, but we also got to see what he can offer to the team aswell. His link up play with Silva was top notch, and quite rightly everyone has praised that, but there isn't much of a mention between the link up play between Aguero and Yaya. There was some promising developments and undertsanding between these two and it got better as the minutes went by. IF, and its big, hence the Caps Lock, newspapers reports are right and Nasri comes in, the link up between, Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Dzeko and Nasri could be the most mouth watering attacking line the Premiership may have been given. Obviously it would depend on how advanced Yaya would be allowed.
Throw into that Sneijder if a deal is to happen, or even if Tevez decides to stay, after last night anything is possible, then this just moves us on again.

I know after writing all that there is one thing im looking forward to, its not silverware, its not the Premiership title, its not even the Champions League trophy. It is to see what has become of Manchester City's record signing and what that increase of improvement will be.

Ricster said:
Well im not sure what you guys expected from his debut but i expected a taste and a glimpse of what is to come, and boy did he deliver.

I watched the match twice last night, but on the 2nd occasion i studied Aguero's play as much as tv camera's would allow me.

The impact he made into the game was almost instant. I used to talk to former Rochdale winger Darren Ryan alot and he was used as a substitute alot, when he started a game, you would see in flashes just what he could do, as a sub though he never really made much of an impact and what Darren said was "It takes around 15-20 minutes to get upto speed with the game, before you can start delivering your best" and that always seems to be the way when a sub comes on. Yes on rare occasions they make an immediate impact like scoring with their first touch, but it is rare for an impact sub.
Last night we saw Aguero make that immediate impact into the game, the thing that impressed me even more was that he continued to get better and excel as the game went on, and after that 15-20 minute mark, he took over the game. It was "The Kun Show".

It is well known for players to take time to settle in The Premiership because of the differences between our game and the continents, and we have recently seen this with many of our players, the main example being Yaya Toure. People questioned him to begin with but as the season went on, Yaya seemed to grow another 2 inches, with each game his performances got better, he became more influential, he was getting used to the game and the tactics. Same can be said of Silva and Balotelli, as both players improved from the start of last season's campaign right to the end. Another huge example is into Trafford and one Cristiano Ronaldo. His first season was very hit and miss, but towards the end of that first season, people were starting to see some of his qualities. We all know what happened after that. There is no way Sergio Aguero can be upto speed in this league already. It is impossible. What i can say though is by the end of the season we should have a more streetwise premiership player who is going to improve as a player for it.

His movement, or lack of it was so clever. He must have sussed out from the bench that he could create his own space, when he got on the pitch, by not moving. There were time where he would allow the opposition player to drift from him and just recieve the ball. It was as if he knew what was going to happen before it did. That one detail is what impressed me more than anything. When he did have to move he made clever runs and created space for our other attacking players.
Now when he runs there is something very special and boy does it remind me of a certain player. Infact, Kun might call him Dad. Diego Maradona. I remember seeing Diego in Mexico 86 and he is what probably made me sit up and take notice of football. Aguero has all those attributes, he runs at a low centre of gravity, has amazing balance, close control, that never say die attitude, and what is going to help him most in this league, the strength he showed last night. For someone so small, he has tremendous upper body strength, and that Argentine blood will stand him in very good stead. Tevez, Zab, Mascherano. All no nonesense players and i believe Aguero is of the same fighting spirit.

Could we seriously have a new Maradona on our hands? There is no doubt, last night we all got to see what Sergio "Kun" Aguero has to offer as an individual, but we also got to see what he can offer to the team aswell. His link up play with Silva was top notch, and quite rightly everyone has praised that, but there isn't much of a mention between the link up play between Aguero and Yaya. There was some promising developments and undertsanding between these two and it got better as the minutes went by. IF, and its big, hence the Caps Lock, newspapers reports are right and Nasri comes in, the link up between, Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Dzeko and Nasri could be the most mouth watering attacking line the Premiership may have been given. Obviously it would depend on how advanced Yaya would be allowed.
Throw into that Sneijder if a deal is to happen, or even if Tevez decides to stay, after last night anything is possible, then this just moves us on again.

I know after writing all that there is one thing im looking forward to, its not silverware, its not the Premiership title, its not even the Champions League trophy. It is to see what has become of Manchester City's record signing and what that increase of improvement will be.

whooooooa! slow down a little bit. no, we havent. the only player ever to come close to him is messi. and messi is by far and away the best player in the world.

Kun is one of the best strikers in the world, no doubt about it though.

Uwe's 80s mullet said:
Ricster said:

whooooooa! slow down a little bit. no, we havent. the only player ever to come close to him is messi. and messi is by far and away the best player in the world.

Kun is one of the best strikers in the world, no doubt about it though.

I know what you are saying, and i agree with you about Messi, but is Messi that good because he is suited to La Liga? Kun couldn't really use that physical element he has in La Liga, players make a meal of any touch. In the Premiership on the other hand he is going to be able to use every attribute he has and that will improve his game. Sergio is more suited to the Premiership than La Liga, no doubt about it. All the attributes are there that can remind you of a player. Im not saying he is Diego yet, but what i am saying is he has everything there to become it.

I was surprised when he came on cos we were only 1-0 up and I'm always tense when it's only one.

It was amazing, no doubt, I felt like a spoilt brat, I just couldn't stop laughing.

BUT let's not forget it was a tiring Swansea team. There are bigger tests to come for City and for Aguero.

Bolton must be shitting themselves.

Will always remember after we lost to Bolton under Hughes after the takeover saying we need Aguero and someone quite rightly pointed out it was fantasy stuff at the time.

Nice to know 2 and a half years later its reality and i was fucking spot on

One of the weirdest feelings as I left the ground last night, I felt startled and amazed, never have I seen a bigger impact from any player, let alone on his debut to English football. Simply stunning!

Also, us fans all got VERY European without noticing, when he scored and the announcer said "and the scorer of our second goal SERGIOOOOO" and all joined in with "AGUEROOOOO", good touch.

Could have a right superstar on our hands here, we are lucky lucky fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.