Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

well i go to all the home games, yesterday i heard the yaya song once but hardly anyone sung it, after the end of songs there was no "munich! munich!" at the end... we even stopped the yaya song and used yayayayayayayaaaaaaaaayayayaaaaaaaaa toureeeeeeeee instead... theres not alot more we can do if there sum complete and utter tools out there

I wouldn't be too surprised if the club thought enough was enough if it was to get even more out of hand with constant bad publicity for our family club by throwing out the laxed rules about standing in 110/111 (and the SS if they were to spread to there) out of the window and enforce strict sit down policy.

So you boys carry on singing what you want................but just like united, you will do as you're told soon enough.

failsworthblueboy said:
bluebc said:
comments are one thing,having hundreds singing about death is humiliating to the club
Perhaps we should ban people who don't turn up for cup matches this to is humiliating and something they choose to do.

Have you noticed how the "chanters" arguments get more juvenile and pathetic each day. A lot of people, to their credit, have admitted singing this in the past and now have grown up and refrained from it. It is dying out and it's going to be a battle to get the last few people to stop as they appear to have little brain matter and therefore no sense. They seem to think it's hard to mock death, even mocking a City legend's death.

Banning is the only way. Read the ground regulations. There are many ways to enforce it. You've been warned, Banning is next and the sooner the better.

tbh, weve always sung these type of songs, united have always called us bitter etc. but only recently (since beating them at wembley) has there been this media up roar... coincidence?

anyway well done blues cos it was still a good atmosphere yesterday and there was only a small minority that sung those chants and they soon stopped

The Fat el Hombre said:
Peter Spencer can fuck off, the victory wasn't tarnished at all. I heard fuck all Munich chants and can only assume it was a select bunch of dicks. Is every victory going to be supposedly tarnished from now on because a small minority sing Munich sons (just as they always have done). Lazy Shite journalism

Unfortunately the answer is yes. So why don't they stop singing about munich in any way. Plenty of other topics to sing about.

whether there is a media agenda or not the few supporters doing this could tarnish what may well be one of our best season's ever in recent times :(

Can't believe the Evening News are running this story when it was sung just the once all game. Last straw for me with that paper. I never buy it, but I used to pick a copy up on Thursday and Friday. Now I'll pick them up and put them straight in the bin.

Stretford Born Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Peter Spencer can fuck off, the victory wasn't tarnished at all. I heard fuck all Munich chants and can only assume it was a select bunch of dicks. Is every victory going to be supposedly tarnished from now on because a small minority sing Munich sons (just as they always have done). Lazy Shite journalism

Were you at the game? granted it was only sung once but it was the whole corner of the stadium next to the away fans, there's around 1000 people there.
It stopped pretty quickly, no doubt because the ones with any sense of belonging to our great club saw sense and made it known they were not happy.

Where I sit in the CBS there was complete disbelief....................

Probably the Mary D's lot, say no more, take your moronic ideas somewhere else, I'm 48 and have been attending games as a fan for 38 years, we don't need this now at a time when we are constantly in the media for good reasons and with a chance of history being made around the corner.

I hope you are individually singled out and banned, muppets......................

i think you'll find it was around 2/3rds of blocks 111 & 110 that were initially singing it.....it carried on throughout the game, with more joiners in gradually losing support for the song the more it was sung

Longsight-memories said:
Get the CCTV film out pick them out and stop the season cards...

they have been asked to Stop and wont listen.. kick em out..

Manchester City's hard-fought 2-1 victory over West Ham was tarnished by a section of hardcore Blues fans again persisting with vile Munich chants.

They ignored manager Roberto Mancini, the club’s hierarchy and legends Colin Bell, Tony Book and Mike Summerbee to carry on the chants about the 1958 tragedy that claimed the lives of 23 people, including eight of the famous Busby Babes.

Summerbee even went so far as to pen his plea in the West Ham match programme.

Club ambassador Summerbee wants the supporters to self-manage the issue, writing: “Please, if you know anyone who sings these songs implore them to stop.”

He said there was no place in the City song book for the “hideous” chants which are not worthy of the great fans who won worldwide acclaim by the way they commemorated the disaster’s 50th anniversary at Old Trafford in 2008.

But a small number of sick supporters ignored him and all the other ex-players and club officials by chanting that they are Manchester City and they will sing what they want before chanting: “Who Put the ball in the Munichs’ net ... Yaya” in reference to City’s FA Cup semi-final win at Wembley

Topics like this only give attention to the Munich chants.

Is there really nothing else that you are thinking about today that you could have contributed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.