Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

der bomber28 said:
I was in 111 again yesterday, and was having a top crack singing all the songs. Then these started again, I just didn't join in and shook my head. When you have people like Colin the king coming out voicing his concern, you'd think people might actually take a bit of notice. Now I'm not getting on my high horse here, and freely admit to joining in with m***ch songs and chants in the past when I was young and daft, and didn't understand what it meant. But now I've grown up I refuse to join in with songs that touch on the loss of life no matter who they may involve. I'd rather be singing songs of support for the lads, I physically cringed yesterday at that "we'll sing what we want" song. Not only is it crap, it just makes us out to be like them goons from the swamp. Point I always make to mates of mine who still sing it, would you sing songs about 9/11 and such like if it involved them lot, cos I feckin wouldn't.

You dont sing about Munich, you just banjo the rags!

you know im joking ;)

Bossman Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
the tragedy, as far as you're concerned, is that carrick passed to the wrong player
Pathetic, how old are you? I dont suppose you were even on Bluemoon to see the early stuff like the open letter to Fergie after we beat them the first time at COMS.
i see what you are doing now
you've continued the argument stating that singing the 'runway' song is despicable
however, virtually every reply has been telling you the song in question was about the yaya goal

you then said the op was about the 'runway' song
this has been categorically proved untrue to you, which you conveniently ignored

you were then asked two direct and simple questions which you also chose to ignore

now you start to hurl the abuse

sounds like the same tactics the scum have used since the semi to discredit city and to paper over their shit performance, something fergie (your word, certainly not mine) as been the master of for years

Brief story for those who are interested. I went to Blackburn with an uncle of mine who grew up in Manchester but has lived in France since the early 1980s.

He grew up a United fan and was there when they won the European Cup in 68. As a child he even personally (to a small degree) knew members of United's staff from the era of 58, Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy being two prominent names, as they were friends of the family at the time (the sole reason he was able to get hold of a ticket for the European Cup final).

I rarely see him, until recently the last time I saw him was around 3 years ago. But last week he made a surprise visit, and by pure coincidence I had a spare for Blackburn as my old man wasn't well enough to attend. He jumped at the chance to spend the day with his nephew, and watch some top flight English football (City or not!).

We had a great time. And believe it or not (I really don't care) he was less offended by the Yaya Toure song than some of our posters on this very forum.

Obviously he d<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 3:42 pm --<br /><br />idn't find it flattering, but we talked about it on the journey back and he accepted my reasoned explanation of the chant. In no way shape or form did I justify it, I simply I explained my interpretation of it. Which was enough to pacify him, not that he even needed it in the first place, I simply felt some form of an explanation was in order.

Get your collective politically correct, impressionable heads around that.

squirtyflower said:
Bossman Blue said:
Pathetic, how old are you? I dont suppose you were even on Bluemoon to see the early stuff like the open letter to Fergie after we beat them the first time at COMS.
you've continued the argument stating that singing the 'runway' song is despicable
however, virtually every reply has been telling you the song in question was about the yaya goal

this has been categorically proved untrue to you, which you conveniently ignored

you were then asked two direct and simple questions which you also chose to ignore

sounds like the same tactics the scum have used since the semi to discredit city and to paper over their shit performance, something fergie (your word, certainly not mine) as been the master of for years

Not sure where you think you have been abused. I responded to your suggested comment that I was a closet red with "pathetic". Not really sure why you believe that I have been asked to clarify my position by direct questions, twice? reading between the lines it looks like you want to know where I stand on the chanting. Let me put it this way - there is only one munich song and that involves revelling in bodies on the runway. There are no other munich songs as far as I am concerned. I don't know where you were at Blackburn or the derby at COMS but I heard city fans singing the munich song at both.

Bossman Blue said:
squirtyflower said:

Not sure where you think you have been abused. I responded to your suggested comment that I was a closet red with "pathetic". Not really sure why you believe that I have been asked to clarify my position by direct questions, twice? reading between the lines it looks like you want to know where I stand on the chanting. Let me put it this way - there is only one munich song and that involves revelling in bodies on the runway. There are no other munich songs as far as I am concerned. I don't know where you were at Blackburn or the derby at COMS but I heard city fans singing the munich song at both.
haven't you read the OP, I even highlighted it for you
the song that is being discussed is not the 'runway' song

I joined in at Blackburn....it is just so easy to change one word to either of United or Cockneys. Personally I went with United.

I understand what people are saying about its not a song about Munich it just a term we use for them, I still use it myself at the TV when they score, that is in the privacy of my home, and there I will do what I want!!! Why use it and get the club bad press, when we should be going mental about being within touching distance of a champs league spot and going to a cup final. And what is more annoying letting them dirty rags take the moral higher ground, I just know some fooker is going to use it at me tomorrow at work, and there really isn't any defence.

Don't get me wong, I have in the passed sang about it, including the runway song, it was probably 15 - 20 years ago, they were different days in the footballing world and I have grown up since then.

Bossman Blue said:
squirtyflower said:

What about the one that starts - there was an air disaster some 50 years ago?

gary111 said:
der bomber28 said:
I was in 111 again yesterday, and was having a top crack singing all the songs. Then these started again, I just didn't join in and shook my head. When you have people like Colin the king coming out voicing his concern, you'd think people might actually take a bit of notice. Now I'm not getting on my high horse here, and freely admit to joining in with m***ch songs and chants in the past when I was young and daft, and didn't understand what it meant. But now I've grown up I refuse to join in with songs that touch on the loss of life no matter who they may involve. I'd rather be singing songs of support for the lads, I physically cringed yesterday at that "we'll sing what we want" song. Not only is it crap, it just makes us out to be like them goons from the swamp. Point I always make to mates of mine who still sing it, would you sing songs about 9/11 and such like if it involved them lot, cos I feckin wouldn't.

You dont sing about Munich, you just banjo the rags!

you know im joking ;)

Haha only if provoked. ;0)

When we were shite we could sing anything we liked ? Now were quality its like if you havent got 10 gcse's or smoke/swear/drink alot your a prick and your not welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.