Munich meet up: 27th September 11am Augustiner Keller

MCC said:
dref619 said:
anyone know where we're sitting in the ground ? is it in the gods ?

In the corner normally.

@Bayern Blade..... do the away fans need to purchase a card and put money on it to pay for drinks etc i.e. you can`t pay with cash for food?

I'll have to check but I doubt it. At most grounds the away fans can pay cash (obviously in Munich I've not been in the away end personally so I can't swear to it).
Where I live in Hildesheim most of the mates are Hannover fans, they pay on a card but when I watch Bayern in Hannover in the away block we pay cash.

The City fans will be in the north west corner at the top, blocks 341 to 347 off the top of my head.
It's up the top but you'll have a good view.

MCC said:
dref619 said:
anyone know where we're sitting in the ground ? is it in the gods ?

In the corner normally.

@Bayern Blade..... do the away fans need to purchase a card and put money on it to pay for drinks etc i.e. you can`t pay with cash for food?

You can pay cash or buy a card either inside or outside the ground.

I have 6 Euro's on mine from the 1860 game in May.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
You can pay cash or buy a card either inside or outside the ground.

I have 6 Euro's on mine from the 1860 game in May.

Of course, my season ticket doubles as a payment card too but I doubt if the away fans need a card.
As I say I can't swear to it though, I'll check up and post again tomorrow.

You can only use normal cash at the fan shops and in the restaurant. Everywhere else you can only pay with the ArenaCard.

http://www.allianz-arena.de/en/arenacard/bargeldlos/

Everything you have to know is in the link.

Buying your payment card
Don't forget to buy (or top-up) your card from the sales points on the approaches to the turnstiles. Alternatively, you can buy or top-up your card inside the Arena from the sales personnel or sales carts circulating within the stadium. As a rule, new cards are sold with a €10 credit.

The ArenaCard can be used for all purchases at the Allianz Arena. Cash is only accepted in the club shops on Level 2 and the Arena a la Carte restaurant on Level 3. When you present your ArenaCard at the kiosks, the value of your purchase is immediately deducted from the card.

Top-ups and refunds

NEW: Effective immediately, you can top-up your card with amounts starting at €5 at six automatic pay stations next to kiosks 3, 5, 6, 9, 12 and 14. You may also consolidate leftover amounts from a number of cards onto one card.

From the sales personnel circulating outside and inside the Arena (10, 20, 50 Euro cards). Sales personnel can only accept € notes. You may consolidate credits from a number of cards onto a single card at the Esplanade ticket salespoints (on the approach to the stadium).

At the Esplanade ticket salespoints (on the approach to the stadium before reaching the turnstiles). Euro coins and notes, EC cards and credit cards (VISA and MasterCard) are accepted in payment.

At the top-up points within the Arena on level E2 near the shops, kiosks and restaurants. Please note: payment may only be made with € notes.

Refunds
Unspent amounts will be refunded in cash from approx. three hours before kick-off until two hours after the final whistle from the many salespoints on the approaches to the Arena. Alternatively, they can be consolidated onto a new card at top-up points and pay stations.

Matchday parking
Parking fees are charged at the exit barriers when you leave. The charge is €10. Please make sure you have at least €10 credit on your ArenaCard to pay for parking. The ArenaCard is held up to the card reader to raise the barrier on exiting the car park.

Tried asking on another thread - but this one seems to be getting more views

Any advice/recommendations on hotels that people are using - online searches I am getting are very very expensive - I am staying over Monday and Tuedsday

mcfc1632 said:

Any advice/recommendations on hotels that people are using - online searches I am getting are very very expensive - I am staying over Monday and Tuedsday

Try and stay out of town. I'm staying in Dachau which i thinks about 20 miles north of the Alianz, but on the rial network so no big deal. I HOPE!!

Uber Blues said:
mcfc1632 said:

Try and stay out of town. I'm staying in Dachau which i thinks about 20 miles north of the Alianz, but on the rial network so no big deal. I HOPE!!

Thanks - I was looking at an hotel there earlier (can't remember the name) - will look into it again

Uber Blues said:
mcfc1632 said:

The prices are because of Oktoberfest. The Oktoberfest has 6.4 million visitors each year - a lot of it come from other countries and areas. (I can imagine that there is a lot of the local people that do not go!) Everybody has to sleep somewhere...

The only time I have been at the Oktoberfest I slept at friends in Munich. You have to have been there once and it really was fun to dance on benches and tables because of the people I was with - but I do not need that more often. Every town here has its own festivals during summer time anyways.

They now play traditional music until 6 p.m. - I would need Ohropax but for a foreigner that might be something special. After 6 p.m. they play party music in a lot of the tents.

Starting this year smoking is forbidden inside the tents because of a new law (but it is allowed inside the Allianz Arena)...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.