Munich meet up: 27th September 11am Augustiner Keller

Maldeika said:
An hour will be not enough. If it would be me I would like to be in the Arena the latest at about 8 p.m. as I would want to see the teams preparing and to hear the hymn etc. With all the walks and changing times - especially if you are a foreigner - you will probably need more than an hour to the Arena at best. So I would leave the Augustinerkeller somewhen between 6 and 6:30 pm to be sure I was in time and not to have to hurry.

(but I am German - if I'd be Spanish or Italian I probably would start at 8 pm) ;)
you can tell you haven't met many city fans

We'll stay in the pub until someone sees the teams coming out on the television and then run like mad to get to the station for the game!

bayern blade said:
Fanzone Danny said:
How far is it to the ground from the Augustiner Keller and what's the best way of getting there? thanks....

After leaving the Augustiner keller get the S-Bahn train from either Hackerbrücke or the Main station, get off at Marienplatz (2 or 3 stops).
Change to the U6 in the direction of Garching, get off at Fröttmaning (11 stops) and it's a ten minute walk to the Arena, you can see it easily from the station.

-- Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 am --

bluesmith said:
Do any of our Bayern supporting friends know roughly how much a taxi would be from the airport to botanicher Garten area?

One of the other lads will have to help here, can't remember the last time I got a taxi in Munich.

Thanks BB thats a great help!! :o)

Maldeika said:
An hour will be not enough. If it would be me I would like to be in the Arena the latest at about 8 p.m. as I would want to see the teams preparing and to hear the hymn etc. With all the walks and changing times - especially if you are a foreigner - you will probably need more than an hour to the Arena at best. So I would leave the Augustinerkeller somewhen between 6 and 6:30 pm to be sure I was in time and not to have to hurry.

Being English I can't be arsed with all that, I like to roll in 5 minutes before kick off. I'm assuming that being mostly my fellow countrymen, the City fans are the same.
In my experience English fans need dragging out of the pub, I know I do !

It will make no difference being a foreigner, all they have to do if unsure which direction to take is follow all the people wearing red and white.

raininspain said:
By 6 o''clock the Augustiner Keller will almost certainly have run out of beer. I can guarantee this, as I'll be in there from 12 noon!

lightweight

bayern blade said:
raininspain said:
By 6 o''clock the Augustiner Keller will almost certainly have run out of beer. I can guarantee this, as I'll be in there from 12 noon!

This is Bavaria, nobody can out drink the locals, Munich pubs ALWAYS have enough beer.

BR-online-Publikation--168122-20080724105032.jpg

You got it right. And a lot have tried...

bayern blade said:
raininspain said:

This is Bavaria, nobody can out drink the locals, Munich pubs ALWAYS have enough beer.

Thought that about Irish bars, but we managed to drink O'Briens in Kiev dry :-)

Maldeika said:
BR-online-Publikation--168122-20080724105032.jpg

You got it right. And a lot have tried...

Ahh, Alois Hingerl................Himmi herrgott, sackelzement allelujah ! Lujah sog i !

-- Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:27 pm --

Bluebird1 said:
Thought that about Irish bars, but we managed to drink O'Briens in Kiev dry :-)

Indeed, but in Kiev the Guinness brewery isn't just down the road, in Munich Augustiner is !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.