Munich meet up: 27th September 11am Augustiner Keller

Uber Blues said:
mcfc1632 said:
Tried asking on another thread - but this one seems to be getting more views

Any advice/recommendations on hotels that people are using - online searches I am getting are very very expensive - I am staying over Monday and Tuedsday

Try and stay out of town. I'm staying in Dachau which i thinks about 20 miles north of the Alianz, but on the rial network so no big deal. I HOPE!!

I'm staying at Dachau as well (hotel Bergimister? or something like that). The line to the main Dachau Barnhoff seems to run quite late but the branch line effort to Dachau Stadt only appears to go till about 11 or 12

South Stander said:
I'm staying in Dachau which i thinks about 20 miles north of the Alianz, but on the rial network so no big deal. I HOPE!!

A pity the Dachau volksfest isn't on instead of the Oktoberfest. It's the cheapest bierfest in Bavaria, about €4:90 a litre.
Unfortunately it was on in August though. Anyway this is the start of the Oktoberfest on Saturday in the Spaten tent :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wMmmjyIqc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wMmmjyIqc</a>

I'm genuinely surprised that away fans need to pay by arenacard, all that p#ssing about just for one game.

How far is it to the ground from the Augustiner Keller and what's the best way of getting there? thanks....

Do any of our Bayern supporting friends know roughly how much a taxi would be from the airport to botanicher Garten area?

Fanzone Danny said:
How far is it to the ground from the Augustiner Keller and what's the best way of getting there? thanks....

After leaving the Augustiner keller get the S-Bahn train from either Hackerbrücke or the Main station, get off at Marienplatz (2 or 3 stops).
Change to the U6 in the direction of Garching, get off at Fröttmaning (11 stops) and it's a ten minute walk to the Arena, you can see it easily from the station.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 am --<br /><br />
bluesmith said:
Do any of our Bayern supporting friends know roughly how much a taxi would be from the airport to botanicher Garten area?

One of the other lads will have to help here, can't remember the last time I got a taxi in Munich.

bayern blade said:
Fanzone Danny said:

After leaving the Augustiner keller get the S-Bahn train from either Hackerbrücke or the Main station, get off at Marienplatz (2 or 3 stops).
Change to the U6 in the direction of Garching, get off at Fröttmaning (11 stops) and it's a ten minute walk to the Arena, you can see it easily from the station.

-- Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 am --

bluesmith said:

One of the other lads will have to help here, can't remember the last time I got a taxi in Munich.

How long does that journey take ?

allan harper said:

About 3 minutes to Marienplatz, then allow about 20 to 25 minutes to Fröttmaning and another 10 minutes for the walk to the ground.

You want to be leaving the boozer an hour or more before kick off given the few minutes waiting for the trains and the fact that they will be full etc.

bayern blade said:
allan harper said:

About 3 minutes to Marienplatz, then allow about 20 to 25 minutes to Fröttmaning and another 10 minutes for the walk to the ground.

You want to be leaving the boozer an hour or more before kick off given the few minutes waiting for the trains and the fact that they will be full etc.

Nice one thanks for all the info mate

bayern blade said:
allan harper said:

An hour will be not enough. If it would be me I would like to be in the Arena the latest at about 8 p.m. as I would want to see the teams preparing and to hear the hymn etc. With all the walks and changing times - especially if you are a foreigner - you will probably need more than an hour to the Arena at best. So I would leave the Augustinerkeller somewhen between 6 and 6:30 pm to be sure I was in time and not to have to hurry.

(but I am German - if I'd be Spanish or Italian I probably would start at 8 pm) ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.