Munich Roll Call

kevin1987 said:
What is everyone's plans after the game? I have a flight to catch at around 6am but unsure whether to head straight to the airport or not as I don't have a hotel.

My return flight coming back from Barca changed to 0630 in the morning. I had a hotel booked so thought i would get a couple of hours kip after the match (Having stopped for a couple more drinks) i woke up at 0530! Granted still made the flight but would not do it again.

kevin1987 said:
What is everyone's plans after the game? I have a flight to catch at around 6am but unsure whether to head straight to the airport or not as I don't have a hotel.

Yeah, I'll be game for a few more beers I'd say. Hostel booked, but need to catch a train to Nuremberg about 0530 the next morning. Don't think I can be arsed sleeping

allan harper said:
kevin1987 said:

Go and have a few beers in town then get a taxi to the airport, think taxi is about 35e if I remember right, might be a bit steep but it's better than being sat at an airport all night.

There's really no need for him to get a taxi or to be sat at the airport all night.

I'm assuming he'll have a train ticket that he's been using for the rest of the day. That ticket is valid until 6am the next morning.

With the walk from the stadium and the queues at Frottmanning U-Bahn, he'll be lucky to be back in Munich for midnight anyway. Go for a jar, something to eat, whatever he wants to do really.

Trains run through the night and only take a few minutes longer than a taxi. He could easily get a train at 4.00 and have plenty of time for the return flight at 6.35. I try and keep waiting time at Airports to an absoloute minimum, but if you have to spend a bit of time in one, Munich is about as good as there is.

Stuey said:
de niro said:
Stuey said:
Sorted. Going on my todd Tues-Thurs. Anyone planning any sort of get together for Tuesday night?

what flight you on?

Singapore direct, in the morning. flying back to Stansted from Nuremberg

on my todd also, out on the same flight. i'll be having a look in the augustiner keller on Tuesday night, probably followed by the Lowenbraukeller and the other augustiner on the main shopping street. Also remember there being some good bars around the hoffbrauhaus area.
unfortunately my hotel appears to be surrounded by 'gentlemans clubs' which I will clearly be avoiding

Blue Punter said:
allan harper said:
kevin1987 said:

Go and have a few beers in town then get a taxi to the airport, think taxi is about 35e if I remember right, might be a bit steep but it's better than being sat at an airport all night.

There's really no need for him to get a taxi or to be sat at the airport all night.

I'm assuming he'll have a train ticket that he's been using for the rest of the day. That ticket is valid until 6am the next morning.

With the walk from the stadium and the queues at Frottmanning U-Bahn, he'll be lucky to be back in Munich for midnight anyway. Go for a jar, something to eat, whatever he wants to do really.

Trains run through the night and only take a few minutes longer than a taxi. He could easily get a train at 4.00 and have plenty of time for the return flight at 6.35. I try and keep waiting time at Airports to an absoloute minimum, but if you have to spend a bit of time in one, Munich is about as good as there is.

Yeah after a full day drinking and then late night drinking, crawling out of a boozer at 4am, I'd rather jump in a taxi then fanny about with the train, each to heir own though.

allan harper said:
Blue Punter said:
allan harper said:

Yeah after a full day drinking and then late night drinking, crawling out of a boozer at 4am, I'd rather jump in a taxi then fanny about with the train, each to heir own though.

I've always seen plenty of passengers (including pissed up blues) on these night trains to the airport. Just letting him know that there's an alternative to shelling out for a taxi.

The airport website says:

German taxis are cream-colored cars with a "Taxi"-sign on the roof. The fare is calculated by a meter in the car.
From the airport to Munich City Center the fare is approx. Euro 50

Now there may be a slight difference in price going the other way, but the meter fare by distance indicates otherwise.

The basic fare is €3.30 with additional €1.70/km for up to 5 km, €1.50/km for kilometers 5 to 10, and €1.30 for every kilometer more than 10. Waiting time per hour is €24 and there are additional charges for pets (€0.60 per animal) and luggage (0.60 per piece).

38km x 1.30 plus the basic fare takes it over €50

As you say all down to individual choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.