Munich songs.

this is what i say to the rags people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones most rags i no take the piss out of foe istanbul hillsborough its been going on for years not gunna stop it am afraid.

C_T_I_D said:
Heard them at Blackburn away on the concourse and to be honest I was embarrassed. The atmosphere was cracking on the terraces, but that almost spoiled the day for me. I'm not one to get on my high horse and I'm not going to tell people what to do because I believe in free will and freedom of speech, but my opinion is that it is disgusting.

The munich air disaster was a tragedy and it had nothing to do with football. Also although many say that United have milked it, would any other club be any different? They practically lost their whole first team, we lost an excellent goalkeeper who was reporting for a crappy paper (News Of The World).

I know they mock Foes death but why should we lower ourselves to their standards? We're better than that blues. Why create a poor media perception of a club based on a few chants that were uncalled for? Thankfully it was the minority of "supporters". I know that they won't stop, I know these threads have been done time and time before, but I was embarrassed to support the same football club as people who find it so easy to mock the dead.

The 50th anniversary of the Munich Air disaster silence shown that we can and have been impeccable in the past. It would be a shame if that was a one off and a shadow was cast over it. We were there to support Man City, not hate the rags. Leave it for later this month and rip them for other things because that is crossing the line.

In other news I saw De Niro (Bill) at Blackburn and he looked like he had dropped a few pounds!
What you really mean is you have heard all the flak that spurs and arsenal are getting and are desperate for your own bit of attention.
Aberfan, rags, 1974 doesn't happen these songs don't exist,NFT.

been done a million times - but a correction is needed.

It is the minority at aways, not a majority.
The majority of those downstairs pre match and at HT sing it but most people are not downstairs on the concourse and you rarely if ever hear it on the terrace during the game.
I do most aways and have heard it (sung loudly) no more than a couple of times in the last 5 yrs (on the terrace - not downstairs).

Though I'd say the vast majority do sing Ryan Giggs and use Munich at the end of it, or Yaya in the munich net etc

To suggest that only a minority sing or use "munich" at local away games is absolute poppy bollocks. Shit loads sung who put the ball in the munichs net at the keller in munich. Every where i look people sing it. There's usually a handful that DONT. Don't delude yourselves that it's a minority. I have heard munich at every game since I was a kid, let's not pretend. There is nothing worse in life than a cowardly liar. I refer to united as munichs when when i see fit. Am I proud? no. Am I ashamed? no. The runway song is fucking sick. That is disgusting. But the amount of blues I know who say/sing munich is fucking ridiculous so why bullshit people?

Now if you want to be technical, 22,000 fans singing it at a full house at home is the minority, but some are talking as if it's just a "handful". It's a knocking bet I'm gonna get called a **** for this but the only thing worse is a lying ****.

Is there a fundamental difference between singing a direct song about the crash, say the runway song/i know a girl and using the term munich in a song, i.e. who put the ball in the munich net, he hates munichs, etc?

Blue Blood CTID said:
To suggest that only a minority sing or use "munich" at local away games is absolute poppy bollocks. Shit loads sung who put the ball in the munichs net at the keller in munich. Every where i look people sing it. There's usually a handful that DONT. Don't delude yourselves that it's a minority. I have heard munich at every game since I was a kid, let's not pretend. There is nothing worse in life than a cowardly liar. I refer to united as munichs when when i see fit. Am I proud? no. Am I ashamed? no. The runway song is fucking sick. That is disgusting. But the amount of blues I know who say/sing munich is fucking ridiculous so why bullshit people?

Now if you want to be technical, 22,000 fans singing it at a full house at home is the minority, but some are talking as if it's just a "handful". It's a knocking bet I'm gonna get called a **** for this but the only thing worse is a lying ****.

Guess it depends if singing 'who put the ball in the munich net' is the same as singing the runway song.
I agree it's the vast majority if you count them as bad as each other. I was referring to specific Munich songs which def are a minority only.
I don't sing either btw - but like nearly all blues I have in the past

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.