Munich songs.

Thomas Woodworth said:
Royaloak said:
if you are a 17 year old hoolie wannabe, you probably want to stand

I like to stand and I am 18 years old, standing and singing creates a massive atmosphere, so am I a football hooligan? I think not as I am on a pre-service course either to be a police officer or Join the armed forces. I am tired of people stereotyping the Youth of today.

Anyhow to your point, I understand it totally if you are not so tall have an uncle or take children to the game, this is why they have such areas like the family stand... and other parts of the ground.

I remember a time last year a woman took her two children to the south stand one was about 5 and the other about 8, the language is terrible and shocking and she was complaining about it, I was like you idiot fancy bringing them to this part of the ground.... that is why they have designated areas such as the family stand. They even warn you in the ticket office before hand if you go in the south stand? I believe.

EDIT: Did not read the away end piece of your post lol my bad, I don't know what you would do then? I guess just not go if you have issues... I know you should not be put off going to any game but standing is something which is just done :/

I wasn’t aware that there are family stand tickets for away fixtures, which is what my post relates to - in fact, this fact has bye passed me despite the fact that I’ve been going to away games since 1974. It’s a bit like smoking - I have no problem with people wanting to do it so long as it doesn’t impose itself on those who don’t.

Royaloak said:
More offensive than the occasional offensive chant (which incidentally, I don’t agree with but like most things, it’s a little overstated), is the insistence on continual standing at away games. I’ve got no problem with people wanting to stand, but with 2 daughters who go to the game who are 5’2” and a 71 year old uncle who isn’t great on his feet, standing all game is a pain in the arse. if you are a 17 year old hoolie wannabe, you probably want to stand - I did, but then again, I had the Kippax Street. For those of us who are vertically challenged or are no longer in the full flush of youth however, being on your feet for the duration (and then, strangely, sitting down at half time), becomes a bit tedious. In fact, it puts you off going, far more than the occasional offensive chant about a team, club, manager and group of supporters who most of us hate.

have to agree with you.Stand on a packed train,mile and a half walk to Ewood,stand for 90 mins walk back to the station,stand on a packed train going back.Feet were killing me end of the day!As for m chants,never sing ANY song about the rags.I'm there to support City.

Royaloak said:
More offensive than the occasional offensive chant (which incidentally, I don’t agree with but like most things, it’s a little overstated), is the insistence on continual standing at away games. I’ve got no problem with people wanting to stand, but with 2 daughters who go to the game who are 5’2” and a 71 year old uncle who isn’t great on his feet, standing all game is a pain in the arse. if you are a 17 year old hoolie wannabe, you probably want to stand - I did, but then again, I had the Kippax Street. For those of us who are vertically challenged or are no longer in the full flush of youth however, being on your feet for the duration (and then, strangely, sitting down at half time), becomes a bit tedious. In fact, it puts you off going, far more than the occasional offensive chant about a team, club, manager and group of supporters who most of us hate.

which is why we need safe standing areas back...

DickieDavisEyes said:
Royaloak said:

For as long as ive been going to city (20 years) weve stood at away games, i take my 9 year old son to the odd away these days, i let him stand on his seat and i keep my arm around him so i know he wont fall, i do feel for your 71 year old uncle but its just one of them things im afraid.

Interesting view insofar as you are happy to alienate a large group of fans who, for whatever reason, prefer to sit. One assumes, using the same logic, that you’d be happy to let people stand in front of wheelchair bound fans on the basis that it’s ‘one of those things’?

Saturday was a rarity - we sold a full allocation. Generally however, we don’t (there’s the occasional thread on here bitching about it). Those who can afford to or be arsed to go to the majority of the away games are likely to be put off if they can’t see the game because there’s always a 6 footer standing in front of them - all I’m saying is that hey should be catered for.

I too agree. Also annoys me when people jump up and down and cheer when we score. How LOUD do they need to be?

As for all this Munich songs bollocks, i do wonder where some of these fans have been over the past god knows how many years, do you not remember Blackburn away last season when the majority of our support WERE singing 'who put the ball in the munichs net' , do you not remember the days when we were dogshit and at maine rd week in week out you could clearly hear 'oh terry cooke, hes not a munich anymore' ??
My first away game was Sheff weds away early to mid 90's last away game of the season i think and rosler scored for us, we had a massive allocation that day and the one song that when i think back about that day sticks in my mind is the ryan giggs is illegitimate one, im not condoning it and at the same time im not claiming that i dont use the phrase 'munich' myself, but people going on about it as if its something new , it really isnt, the club left it too long to try and tackle it, there is now little or no chance of wiping it out because its rooted deep, only way thatll happen is if they start using cctv evidence and handing out bans for it, the downside to this is that our attendance would be affected.

DickieDavisEyes said:
As for all this Munich songs bollocks, i do wonder where some of these fans have been over the past god knows how many years, do you not remember Blackburn away last season when the majority of our support WERE singing 'who put the ball in the munichs net' , do you not remember the days when we were dogshit and at maine rd week in week out you could clearly hear 'oh terry cooke, hes not a munich anymore' ??
My first away game was Sheff weds away early to mid 90's last away game of the season i think and rosler scored for us, we had a massive allocation that day and the one song that when i think back about that day sticks in my mind is the ryan giggs is illegitimate one, im not condoning it and at the same time im not claiming that i dont use the phrase 'munich' myself, but people going on about it as if its something new , it really isnt, the club left it too long to try and tackle it, there is now little or no chance of wiping it out because its rooted deep, only way thatll happen is if they start using cctv evidence and handing out bans for it, the downside to this is that our attendance would be affected.

Here here, it been going on for years !!!!!!!!!!!

Royaloak said:
I wasn’t aware that there are family stand tickets for away fixtures, which is what my post relates to - in fact, this fact has bye passed me despite the fact that I’ve been going to away games since 1974. It’s a bit like smoking - I have no problem with people wanting to do it so long as it doesn’t impose itself on those who don’t.

This is why I posted the edit ^^ but either way if you have been going to away games for so long and know what it is all about then I don't see why you are complaining in all honesty.

alternative to "Munich"

why dont we just use/ think-up another word to describe them that doesnt have the aircrash connection, it'd get everyone off our back, - a witty pisstake with just the right amount of nastiness !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.