Muslim women must learn English

That post wasn't in reference to yours though? I'm well aware that you mentioned English is an official language of Qatar (which by the way I'm not certain is the case? An unwritten second language, maybe).

I'm not missing anything, patiently explained or otherwise. I'm not discussing my annoyance that English is required on the visa. I think it should be. Rather I'm discussing my annoyance that brits think it's acceptable to move abroad without a second thought of assimilation. I don't care a jot whether or not the Spanish govt, for example, don't make it mandatory to speak Spanish. It still doesn't make it acceptable to move there and not make the effort to learn.

The people screaming for migrants to tell UK to learn English would be doing so whether the visa application said it necessary or not. The same type of people who'd take baked beans to the south of France.
I am certain of it having lived here three years. I mean, you could know better for sure, but you don't. Everything I've been asked to sign has been in English. Every Qatari has to learn English. When I do business with Germans, Egyptians or Syrians, it's in English.

So just to check, given your annoyance at Brits living without assimilating or speaking the language in Spain etc, you're 100% behind these proposals then? Super.

All the Asians I know at work, and there plenty, speak English AND their mother language. People on here are making out that, because some women don`t speak English, they do not communicate with their kids!! Fuck me what planet are you on. There are more bilingual people in this country who are immigrants, than the ones who aren't immigrants. It`s just another attack on muslims.
You've been told it applies to everyone wanting a visa from outside the EU be they Russian or Brazilian. How is that anti Muslims?

You're so set in your ways you'd find Eid anti Muslim if Cameron told you about it

All the Asians I know at work, and there plenty, speak English AND their mother language. People on here are making out that, because some women don`t speak English, they do not communicate with their kids!! Fuck me what planet are you on. There are more bilingual people in this country who are immigrants, than the ones who aren't immigrants. It`s just another attack on muslims.

How is asking them to learn English and fulfil the trends of their VISA an attack?

People being radicalized into extreme Islamic groups has been highlighted as an issue. Cameron has (rightly IMO) identified a common lack of integration in the UK as a possible cause for that radicalization. He has suggested that a way to increase that integration would be to ensure everyone can communicate, by speaking English. I'm not sure that his measures will get Muslim women out and about and talking with others, but I can't myself think of a better solution.

Do you agree that this radicalization is an issue? If so, can you think of a better solution than what Cameron has proposed?

I am certain of it having lived here three years. I mean, you could know better for sure, but you don't.

So just to check, given your annoyance at Brits living without assimilating or speaking the language in Spain etc, you're 100% behind these proposals then? Super.

Maybe have a quick double check though, perhaps it wouldn't hurt?

No, I'm not 100% behind it. If you'd read my previous posts you'd notice I'd been patiently suggesting more investment in community cohesion, including language training for migrants, and look for ways to promote cohesion by investing in the indigenous population as well. Education maybe, infrastructure maybe.

I also stated negative reinforcement has been proven time and time again not to work.

The language issue vis a vis brits abroad came about because I made a flippant remark about our language skills. I was then asking a simple question towards expats as I'm interested in knowing who took the time to speak the language and attempt to assimilate the way brits expect migrants to (on here at least). The answer was one, by the way.

You can take offence, as it seems you have, but that was purely curiosity. Not a dig.

If Arabic was an official language of the U.K. Then no. Why would I?

It's not though. I also think you're missing the point that's been patiently explained to you by a few on here as to the fact that all immigrants are required to learn English to complete their visa.

Completely agree. If its a visa requirement and condition of their stay they have to do it its that simple.

Who has said they don't communicate with their kids?

I think you may have misunderstood something!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.