Muslim women must learn English

Does that apply to Argentinian footballers then? And what happens if said footballer fails to learn the language in, say, five years?

They're here to work temporarily, not settle permanently. If they wished to settle in the UK, then they would presumably have to go through the same procedure as citizens of other non-EU states. The language requirements aren't exactly difficult (though the life in the UK test is quite tricky).

who says they need to learn? The people in question - be they Muslim women or Polish men for that matter - don't seem to think it is or they would have learned anyway. Muddled knee jerk thinking from Dave.
Fine by me if they don't want to learn it. However, if they need an interpreter for a visit to the hospital, or the police, or the DSS, or the GP etc, etc then they pay for that service themselves. Otherwise, no issues at all.

It always made me giggle when the Tories under Major I think got their knickers in a twist over homosexuality being "promoted in schools" - like it was on offer - do Maths and History homework and get a handjob off Jones in the 5th form for free !!

I always thought they could promote it all they liked - if its not your bag you won't be buying. I never had the urge to play hide the sausage with another bloke and never will.

They're here to work temporarily, not settle permanently. If they wished to settle in the UK, then they would presumably have to go through the same procedure as citizens of other non-EU states. The language requirements aren't exactly difficult (though the life in the UK test is quite tricky).

Pab Zab would piss it if one of the questions is

" do you know where there's a good chippy ? "

What sort of numbers are they talking about.
Why should Muslim women need to be taught English anyway. Do we assume they didn't attend an English School as children.
I very much doubt the men will allow their women to be taught English if they don't want them to anyway.
And lastly,who fuck is going to fund this.

Fine by me if they don't want to learn it. However, if they need an interpreter for a visit to the hospital, or the police, or the DSS, or the GP etc, etc then they pay for that service themselves. Otherwise, no issues at all.

And if they can't afford it? Hardly fair if you're the next in the queue at the hospital. G.P. or the DSS - you'd be waiting for hours

What sort of numbers are they talking about.
Why should Muslim women need to be taught English anyway. Do we assume they didn't attend an English School as children.
I very much doubt the men will allow their women to be taught English if they don't want them to anyway.
And lastly,who fuck is going to fund this.

I assume that they will fund this themselves as part of their visa conditions. If they don't fulfil these conditions, then they don't get the permanent right to settle in the country. At least this is the case at present for non-muslims so I can't see why muslims would be treated any differently.

they might not get that choice - I saw the documentary on Brits in Spain a short while back and there are elements of Spanish society and politics that see the elderly and infirm from other European country's the same way they get portrayed here - scroungers, benefits cheats and a drain on their health services. Its not a massive leap to say that if we voted to leave the EU they could then lobby to return "ours" back to the UK asap. Not a worry to us in North Yorkshire - they will get dumped in hospitals and homes along the South coast
That would never happen. The economy of the Costas is in the shit and the vast majority of expats are on UK pensions that they spend there. There's also a huge oversupply of property and expelling over a million foreigners isn't going to help that problem much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.