My belief

When our 2nd went in yesterday , their faces were a picture of disbelief , like they had no idea how to handle the situation . They needed us to hand it to them on a plate, but it gave me the impression that for all their huddles and screaming hysterics after the game that they actually seem quite fragile and one set back could be quite damaging to their confidence.

Its not over until its mathematically impossible - just look at the game City played v QPR. Who would have evr thought after going ahead we would have to win the way we did.

Liv at 3 games that will be difficult Borwich and Palace away and Chavs at home - I think newcastle players are on the beach

We win every game we still beat Chaves

I think we can win every game but it won't be easy.

A desperate Norwich nicks a point on the weekend. Chelsea and Liverpool draw. We can even afford a loss and win the title on goal difference.

I remember how we all felt after Arsenal two weeks ago. Us at home to West Brom, rags had an easy one at Wigan.

Danielmanc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I put £200 down last night at 2/1 on City to win the title.

I wholeheartedly believe this team can and will win it's last six games.

And because of how highly I rate our group of players, even without Yaya, I believe they will go the distance and take it to the very last game.

The race of two years ago has proved to me that Liverpool have no idea yet that the title race has only just started.

Us to win in on 88 points.

The Chelsea / Liverpool match could well change everything. Then it's all down to us again - win 6 then win the league

The appointed ref will repeat Crappenberg's performance. I have no doubt about that. CFC might as well turn up to their warm up with rugby balls! The powers that be decided end of Jan-beginning of Feb that Liverpool were gonna be gifted the title. Yesterday's appalling refereeing display simply confirmed it!

moomba said:
A desperate Norwich nicks a point on the weekend. Chelsea and Liverpool draw. We can even afford a loss and win the title on goal difference.

I remember how we all felt after Arsenal two weeks ago. Us at home to West Brom, rags had an easy one at Wigan.

We should all remember how we felt after that Arsenal away game the year we won it, that's how we all feel today, we've done it before.

Another month like December or January and we win the title

Our game at Palace is after the Chelsea/Dippers match, so we'll know exactly what is needed then. Hopefully it will be back in our hands.

When we won the league we had a chance last season to stamp an air of authority on the league a bit like the rags have had for 15 years.

If we don't win the league this season with just a league cup in the last two seasons - we start next season as just another team challenging. I think we will have seriously under achieved due to enough of real winners in the team and management.

We showed a real lack of hunger in the second half against Arse and yesterday first half to make me really believe we will win every game

Chippy_boy said:
manimanc said:
cleavers said:
I'm afraid my belief before the game, melted to hope after it.

I wouldn't personally ever waste money betting on City, even at our best we're too unpredictable, but if you can afford £200 TH then fair play to you, and I sincerely hope you have a good night on the back of it in May.

Can we still win it, yes of course we can, have I given up, no absolutely not, but I wonder just how much damage yesterday has done, to lose the way we did may well have inflicted a severe blow, we'll find out soon enough, and hopefully Sunderland will have a very painful evening.
We always seem to bounce back from a defeat,the players know what they have to do and sunderland will feel the wrath. ...
Sergio back, a freshen up in midfield and a weeks rest for vinnie and we'll be back on blob again....
Not worried in the slightest, win our two games in hand and crank that pressure up, there will be a couple more twists before the seasons out.

I think that's a blue-tinted specs view mate. We followed our home defeat to Chelsea with a painful 0-0 away to Norwich. Our loss at Cardiff was followed by a very nervy performance at home against Hull, a game which we eventually won 2-0 but in which Hull outplayed us for much of the game. The loss away to Villa was followed by a loss at home to Bayern (no shame in that, but the manner in which we were comprehensively thrashed was pretty bad.) Loss to Wigan followed by loss to Barcelona.

It's only really Spurs who got a battering after we had previously lost a game.
So reading between the lines we've done ok really after a defeat....
Nothing to do with blue tinted specs mate, only twice lost 2 in row and bounced back the other times..
Like I said, we'll bouce back on wednesday.

After giving myself time to think and let all the emotion of loosing yesterday subside, I am of the opinion we can still do it
The media written and spoken had us and the whole world believing that yesterday's game was some kind of title decider, which in the cold light of day it wasn't, compare the position we find ourselves in today compared to 2012 after the Arsenal game....that's right we are in a slightly better position with a better equipped and experienced side going up against a Liverpool side that haven't been in the position they find themselves for years,

For that I still believe we will win It with Chelsea 2nd....so keep the faith

I wish I could join in with the positivity but we can't keep losing big games and expecting our rivals to stumble and hand it back to us.

The league isn't won in the last game every season.

The galling thing is that we've got the best players but we've gifted both Chelsea and Liverpool 3 points in away games through poor management AND huge individual errors. Without those we'd be well in the box seat.

In the immortal words of Roberto Mancini "Eez finish..."

Of course you never know, but this time I really think it is too much of a mountain to climb, and we've no one to blame but ourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.