My belief

big blueballs said:
After giving myself time to think and let all the emotion of loosing yesterday subside, I am of the opinion we can still do it
The media written and spoken had us and the whole world believing that yesterday's game was some kind of title decider, which in the cold light of day it wasn't, compare the position we find ourselves in today compared to 2012 after the Arsenal game....that's right we are in a slightly better position with a better equipped and experienced side going up against a Liverpool side that haven't been in the position they find themselves for years,

For that I still believe we will win It with Chelsea 2nd....so keep the faith

Slightly better? We're in a much, much better position. But we still have it all to do. If it's 0-0 at 60 mins between Norwich and the dippers this weekend then they'll really start to feel the pressure. As much as I dislike him, Mourinho is the ideal manager for us to depend on taking points from Liverpool. If Chelsea and us win all our games we'll be the champions right?

1.618034 said:
I wish I could join in with the positivity but we can't keep losing big games and expecting our rivals to stumble and hand it back to us.

The league isn't won in the last game every season.

The galling thing is that we've got the best players but we've gifted both Chelsea and Liverpool 3 points in away games through poor management AND huge individual errors. Without those we'd be well in the box seat.

In the immortal words of Roberto Mancini "Eez finish..."

Of course you never know, but this time I really think it is too much of a mountain to climb, and we've no one to blame but ourselves.

I agree we've gifted Chelsea and Liverpool 3 points when we should have taken at least one in both where two of our most important players committed howlers. How is that poor management, if we are level at 75 mins and in control at both Anfield and Stamford Bridge, why do we blame the manager? Don't want to turn this into a discussion on Pellegrini but I just don't get that notion.

My only real concern about us winning all our remaining matches is that we have been less than ruthless in the big games on the road, away to Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. In all three games we were in control at some satge but we failed to take the points we should have (we could easily have 5 points from those 3 not 1). We will have a very tough match away to Everton and we will need to actually deliver on our performance with points on the board.

ultrablue said:
big blueballs said:
After giving myself time to think and let all the emotion of loosing yesterday subside, I am of the opinion we can still do it
The media written and spoken had us and the whole world believing that yesterday's game was some kind of title decider, which in the cold light of day it wasn't, compare the position we find ourselves in today compared to 2012 after the Arsenal game....that's right we are in a slightly better position with a better equipped and experienced side going up against a Liverpool side that haven't been in the position they find themselves for years,

For that I still believe we will win It with Chelsea 2nd....so keep the faith

Slightly better? We're in a much, much better position. But we still have it all to do. If it's 0-0 at 60 mins between Norwich and the dippers this weekend then they'll really start to feel the pressure. As much as I dislike him, Mourinho is the ideal manager for us to depend on taking points from Liverpool. If Chelsea and us win all our games we'll be the champions right?
We win our 6=88 points
Chelsea win their 4=87 points
Liverpool win 3 lose 1= 86 points

Still think we have a decent chance, five of the last six games should be bankers really, palace are on a good run but I would expect us to beat them if we have to. Everton away though is a big ask especially as they're going for the top 4. Just gotta hope liverpool fuck either against Norwich or chelsea. The team has really fucked up though, the liverpool game was always going to be tough but we should have beaten arsenal.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I put £200 down last night at 2/1 on City to win the title.

I wholeheartedly believe this team can and will win its last six games.

And because of how highly I rate our group of players, even without Yaya, I believe they will go the distance and take it to the very last game.

The race of two years ago has proved to me that Liverpool have no idea yet that the title race has only just started.

Us to win in on 88 points.

I like the way you think and I also believe we will win the 6 remaining games but after yesterdays performance from Clattenburg and the fact they also got 3 pens at the swamp tells me Liverpool will take over the rags mantle of getting all the decisions, they are still far bigger than us worldwide and will draw much more media attention. I hope I am wrong and I guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

No idea why, but I think Liverpool will fail to beat Norwich

and if that happens they will almost certainly fail to beat Chelsea

Come on City!!! We fought back with amazing character yesterday. We never give in. We will fight til the end and I believe we can win it. Mourinho can do a job at Anfield. He hates the scousers and he will want revenge. As Terry said the result went the way they wanted because they know they can beat Liverpool. Forget Europe, Mourinho will have Chelsea fully pumped up to do Liverpool and their deep defending and counter will work very effectively against them. They now have games they should win, on paper. Games that complacency, impatience and nerves creep in. With every game they play the pressure increases. Chelsea are a threat, they will probably win all of their games and that means we need to avoid any slips. Tough. All yesterday means is that we have to win at Goodison. And I think we will. 6 games left. Take them one at a time. Get the gap down to 4pts with 5 left this Wednesday and let's go from there.

We like to make things difficult for ourselves don't we. Wouldn't be City otherwise! With Tolmie on this, let's get behind the lads and do it!

Liverpool have to play Norwich away and Chelsea at home.

We got 1 point from those 2 games.

It's not over...

Nice to see a positive thread. Kudos for your belief tolmie. I don't believe quite as much as you. I think I'd need 3 to 1 at least to tempt me in but I made a similar belief bet after we drew against Sunderland two years ago. I'm a long way from throwing in the towel though like some already have.

We really need Evertons CL qualification to be sorted one way or the other before we play them

I work with a couple of match-going Evertonians and they are 100% certain that if it's needed to stop Liverpool winning the league they want us to beat them as long as it doesn't stop them qualifying for the CL.

It that situation arises hopefully the mood will reach the players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.