Naming rights step nearer

cleavers said:
taconinja said:
Well, they like to talk about being very politically correct.
Yes, and that's why they couldn't ignore it if we did it.

Personally I'm not bothered, but I think we should view it as an opportunity to make a good situation for ourselves.
I also think it would be a great PR move. I simply can't trust an outfit that thinks the snood crisis is far more pressing than shoddy officiating and lack of goal line technology.

taconinja said:
I also think it would be a great PR move. I simply can't trust an outfit that thinks the snood crisis is far more pressing than shoddy officiating and lack of goal line technology.
Sadly its a fair point, but for me it would be a risk worth taking, take Platini on, he's a cock, and making a fool of him would be wonderful.

cleavers said:
Falastur said:
We'd be the winners all round...right up to the point when the lacking of stadium naming rights revenue means we fail Financial Fair Play and we get kicked out of Europe.

Unfortunately, charity and ethical good will don't actually count for anything in the FFPR.
You really think that in this politically correct world they would dare throw us out if we did this ? Not a chance.

cleavers, I am adamant that FFPR was brought in because of us - brought in for the sole reason that we have more money that any other team has ever had and it threatens them. I think Blatter and Platini would cut off their rights arms for a way of banning us from playing in Europe. Yes, I think would throw us out, and I think if our board made their financial decisions based on the assumption that UEFA don't dare then they are the most foolish individuals the world has ever known, to put it mildly.

Falastur said:
cleavers said:
You really think that in this politically correct world they would dare throw us out if we did this ? Not a chance.

cleavers, I am adamant that FFPR was brought in because of us - brought in for the sole reason that we have more money that any other team has ever had and it threatens them. I think Blatter and Platini would cut off their rights arms for a way of banning us from playing in Europe. Yes, I think would throw us out, and I think if our board made their financial decisions based on the assumption that UEFA don't dare then they are the most foolish individuals the world has ever known, to put it mildly.
I'm going to disagree. I do also think the FFPR was installed due to us, but it's more of an "Okay, we'll let you guys in but no more!" move. It's to prevent anyone after us from doing the same.

urmston said:
samharris said:
Thats a very pipe and slippers comment bud ..

Why?

Pipe and slippers suggest someone stuck in the past. However, in this modern world it is still the fashion amongst bigger clubs to shun a commercial name for their stadium. So I'm bang up to date in my opinion.

Arsenal excepted, here are the smallish clubs who have gone down the commercial naming route in England -

Coventry
Leicester
Bolton
Hull
Huddersfield
Doncaster
Oxford
Chesterfield
Burton Albion

Do City really want to join these clubs in such a downmarket policy?
Do you not understand the new financial regulations that are coming into play?

In an ideal world, we'd be shifting millions of shirts all round the world and selling out a 95,000 stadium every other week, but as we're not, we urgently need to start driving up our revenue by any means possible.

The individual wealth of our owner is about to become a matter of irrelevance, so it's a simple choice; sell the naming rights for £200m and continue to compete at the top end of the table, or stick with the 27 different names we currently have for the ground and settle for a Europa League place in a good year.

Had UEFA not brought these new regulations in we wouldn't be doing this, so blame Platini rather than Cook, as it's him who's moved the goalposts.

exciting times and it would help us fall into line with new rules on finance and self sufficeiency coming in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.