Napoli attendance {merged}

Re: 28k (ish) for Napoli?

BringBackSwales said:
Personally I think the fact that we do not sell out easily shows more about loyalty than disloyalty - we have a solid base of 35k to 40k, most of whom go to most home matches - the fact that we do not have tens of thousands of "johny come lately" glory hunters is not the issue, the fact is that even when things were truely shit we were getting basically the same attendances as we do when things are brilliant. Better to have 40k loyal fans than 350 million plastic glory hunting pricks (in my opinion)

Today's glory hunter is tomorrow's loyal fan

cibaman said:
BringBackSwales said:
Personally I think the fact that we do not sell out easily shows more about loyalty than disloyalty - we have a solid base of 35k to 40k, most of whom go to most home matches - the fact that we do not have tens of thousands of "johny come lately" glory hunters is not the issue, the fact is that even when things were truely shit we were getting basically the same attendances as we do when things are brilliant. Better to have 40k loyal fans than 350 million plastic glory hunting pricks (in my opinion)

Today's glory hunter is tomorrow's loyal fan

not the 350 million I was talking about mate!

This is something I`ve been telling my Rag friends for years.
The only downside is,this means that any possible ground expansion,will never happen.
Is that a good or bad thing for us ??
Well financially it is,so revenue may have to come in other forms from our loyal fanbase,ie ST,Ticket,Shirts and the likes.

oakiecokie said:
The only downside is,this means that any possible ground expansion,will never happen.
Well financially it is,so revenue may have to come in other forms from our loyal fanbase,ie ST,Ticket,Shirts and the likes.

You will feel better if you go and look at Rag stats from 1990-91 mate (I think it was that year I looked at). I looked it up once as I was so annoyed. They filled their 46,000 twice, against us and the Dippers. Mostly it was around 40,000, but two crowds - Derby and Wimbledon I think - were down around 36,000 and 32,000.

This just shows how 'easy' it is, given the right marketing and success, with a decent fan base to begin.

The fact that we sold out against Wigan, Swansea and soon Everton before the games suggests we are missing out on a few thousand every match already.

And when you look at it, it is only now, and since the cup final, that we are really in the world spotlight for our football, as opposed to our owners. It will come.

A ground expansion will come, but they are obviously creating demand first. They have a stated aim to become the biggest IN EVERY WAY.

john@staustell said:
oakiecokie said:

You will feel better if you go and look at Rag stats from 1990-91 mate (I think it was that year I looked at). I looked it up once as I was so annoyed. They filled their 46,000 twice, against us and the Dippers. Mostly it was around 40,000, but two crowds - Derby and Wimbledon I think - were down around 36,000 and 32,000.

This just shows how 'easy' it is, given the right marketing and success, with a decent fan base to begin.

The fact that we sold out against Wigan, Swansea and soon Everton before the games suggests we are missing out on a few thousand every match already.

And when you look at it, it is only now, and since the cup final, that we are really in the world spotlight for our football, as opposed to our owners. It will come.

A ground expansion will come, but they are obviously creating demand first. They have a stated aim to become the biggest IN EVERY WAY.

Why the fuck would "I feel better ??" lol
My point remains that I for one NEVER worry about the Rags,their attendances etc.
I have every faith in the Club achieving success on a regular basis,but for whatever reason I dont see us thankfully not attracting too many "plastics/glory hunters/prawn butty brigade" type of fan.
I`ll certainly hold my hand up,if we do manage to attract more fans,but by the same token,I wont lose any sleep over it.

Ubiquitous said:
If we don't see out this game, it is seriously disappointing. How can we ever move forward as a club with such small support? If the fans won't come to such important games, our owners may reconsider their long term plans for the club.

^^^ This got a bit of stick from a few posters...but there is a real issue here.

The owners bought into the "waking a sleeping giant" story when they invested in City...and they have delivered big time on their commitment to invest in the club.

I couldn't care less about comparisons with Utd but I do care about whether we are on track to be regarded as a genuine "leading" European club...or just some ugly pig that has been given a bit of lipstick by a very wealthy owner.

I think the point about having 30-35000 "diehard" fans and about another 50,000 "fairweather" fans is probably valid...but to say that the attendance vs Napoli doesn't matter is being a bit naive.

If we pack the stadium out and create a "Hamburg" type atmosphere...Sheikh Mansour can argue that his significant investment has delivered top quality European football to a wide, passionate + deserving fanbase.
If we deliver him with swathes of empty seats...it looks more like a vanity project with little underlying business sense.

Ubiquitous said:
If we don't see out this game, it is seriously disappointing. How can we ever move forward as a club with such small support? If the fans won't come to such important games, our owners may reconsider their long term plans for the club.
Don't be naive. I remember reading that they know it'll take a decade or two. You won't find flocks of people suddenly decide to toss their old club for City. We lost a generation to the rags and it'll be the younger generation that elevate us.

Scooby Blue said:
Ubiquitous said:

^^^ This got a bit of stick from a few posters...but there is a real issue here.

The owners bought into the "waking a sleeping giant" story when they invested in City...and they have delivered big time on their commitment to invest in the club.

I couldn't care less about comparisons with Utd but I do care about whether we are on track to be regarded as a genuine "leading" European club...or just some ugly pig that has been given a bit of lipstick by a very wealthy owner.

I think the point about having 30-35000 "diehard" fans and about another 50,000 "fairweather" fans is probably valid...but to say that the attendance vs Napoli doesn't matter is being a bit naive.

If we pack the stadium out and create a "Hamburg" type atmosphere...Sheikh Mansour can argue that his significant investment has delivered top quality European football to a wide, passionate + deserving fanbase.
If we deliver him with swathes of empty seats...it looks more like a vanity project with little underlying business sense.

Theres an element of loyalty to the fans by our owners and management though,other leading premiership clubs are making cup competitions on ST's compulsory-we dont at present.

Unfortunately id say its only round the corner that CL at least becomes part of the ST price.

For the group stages its £25 for an adult and £5 for kids-its very good value.We should at least be given the choice to include it in your ST,the club are happy that theyve underwritted X amount of seats sold which in turn gives them something to aim for in a reasonable amount of time to shift the others.

The ticket office needs a kick up the arse as we all know,but bullshitting fans that its nearly a sell out is taking the michael.

Don't worry! Sheikh Mansour won't let us down. He'll pull a North Korea world cup crowd for us. :D

(hopefully someone gets it)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.