Napoli attendance {merged}

Re: 28k (ish) for Napoli?

Jumanji said:
Ubiquitous said:
If we don't see out this game, it is seriously disappointing. How can we ever move forward as a club with such small support? If the fans won't come to such important games, our owners may reconsider their long term plans for the club.
Don't be naive. I remember reading that they know it'll take a decade or two. You won't find flocks of people suddenly decide to toss their old club for City. We lost a generation to the rags and it'll be the younger generation that elevate us.

I dont think many people on here realise how true this statement is.

If you look around how many 20 year olds not from Manchester support UTD. Why because they have been successful and people like to be associated with success.

I see people are moaning about Family stands and the cheese of face painting etc but these are the supporters of the future and once you start supporting a side that becomes your team forever.

So our owners are trying to gain success on the field get a young fanbase that will be there for the long term and then we might need a larger stadium. As the poster stated above we have lost a generation of supporters to United but the next generation might be ours!!!

chesterguy said:
Jumanji said:
Ubiquitous said:
If we don't see out this game, it is seriously disappointing. How can we ever move forward as a club with such small support? If the fans won't come to such important games, our owners may reconsider their long term plans for the club.
Don't be naive. I remember reading that they know it'll take a decade or two. You won't find flocks of people suddenly decide to toss their old club for City. We lost a generation to the rags and it'll be the younger generation that elevate us.

If you look around how many 20 year olds not from Manchester support UTD. Why because they have been successful and people like to be associated with success.

I see people are moaning about Family stands and the cheese of face painting etc but these are the supporters of the future and once you start supporting a side that becomes your team forever.

So our owners are trying to gain success on the field get a young fanbase that will be there for the long term and then we might need a larger stadium. As the poster stated above we have lost a generation of supporters to United but the next generation might be ours!!!

So true and when City's real community push arrives when the training complex is finished for East Manchester then we will start to see the impact this club is having on its local area.Even now with our limited exposure and cup win,coupled with players kids find exciting we are seeing already more and more kids wearing city shirts,the next decade will see us make big big inroads to supporter numbers.

Our owners are not stupid,to have 30-35000 hardcore supporters after what we have all been through is fantastic,we will soon have to have a stadium expansion in the next 5 years,be patient blues.

borninm14 said:
it seems to have disappeared off the OS on line sales.

Yeah mates just been on to get one and the Napoli game pulled from his 'eligable' games

chesterguy said:
Jumanji said:
Ubiquitous said:

Well I'm glad you liked my post. And I completely agree with your expansion on it.

Scooby Blue said:
Ubiquitous said:

^^^ This got a bit of stick from a few posters...but there is a real issue here.

The owners bought into the "waking a sleeping giant" story when they invested in City...and they have delivered big time on their commitment to invest in the club.

I couldn't care less about comparisons with Utd but I do care about whether we are on track to be regarded as a genuine "leading" European club...or just some ugly pig that has been given a bit of lipstick by a very wealthy owner.

I think the point about having 30-35000 "diehard" fans and about another 50,000 "fairweather" fans is probably valid...but to say that the attendance vs Napoli doesn't matter is being a bit naive.

If we pack the stadium out and create a "Hamburg" type atmosphere...Sheikh Mansour can argue that his significant investment has delivered top quality European football to a wide, passionate + deserving fanbase.
If we deliver him with swathes of empty seats...it looks more like a vanity project with little underlying business sense.

Some good valid points there.

While I agree with many that we shouldn't be arsed what the Rags think of our attendances, it's still important to get as many fans in the ground as possible for the reasons you mention. As it happens, I believe we're already seeing the results for league games in particular - a sell out against Wigan would've been a pipe dream a few short years ago. Everton is almost sold out despite the game being nearly 2 weeks away and on TV.

I think the family stand conundrum and the loyalty points restrictions are hindering the crowd figure for the Napoli game but it will probably still be a 43k-44k near as dammit sell-out so in reality most of our match-going fans are attracted by CL football.

flb said:
Theres an element of loyalty to the fans by our owners and management though,other leading premiership clubs are making cup competitions on ST's compulsory-we dont at present.

Unfortunately id say its only round the corner that CL at least becomes part of the ST price.
I don't agree, we've done exactly this via a slightly different route.

If you want an away ticket for the CL, or in the unlikely event this year a 1/4, semi, or final of the CL, you have to be a member of the cup scheme. You could have 8000 loyalty points, and not be in the cup scheme, and you wouldn't get a ticket for Munich away, and therefore it is effectively compulsory, the same applies for the FA Cup.

I suspect that the Carling Cup is less so, because of the small take up in that cup scheme, but the bottom line is, if you want a ticket for the big games in any of these competitions, you will have to pay for the rest (at home) as well.

Just got my ticket.
Flying in from Dubai...first game since 2-2 against Fulham in the Hughes era.
Can't wait...would have been perfect if my dad was still around to attend the game with me

CTID

cleavers said:
flb said:
Theres an element of loyalty to the fans by our owners and management though,other leading premiership clubs are making cup competitions on ST's compulsory-we dont at present.

Unfortunately id say its only round the corner that CL at least becomes part of the ST price.
I don't agree, we've done exactly this via a slightly different route.

If you want an away ticket for the CL, or in the unlikely event this year a 1/4, semi, or final of the CL, you have to be a member of the cup scheme. You could have 8000 loyalty points, and not be in the cup scheme, and you wouldn't get a ticket for Munich away, and therefore it is effectively compulsory, the same applies for the FA Cup.

I suspect that the Carling Cup is less so, because of the small take up in that cup scheme, but the bottom line is, if you want a ticket for the big games in any of these competitions, you will have to pay for the rest (at home) as well.

Others clubs have a compusory scheme we dont,if all season ticket holders were in it wed sell out no problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.