Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

milky962 said:
I respect the fact he likes to rotate players to keep them fresh but playin zab n kolarov in a almost must win game was a poor decision. richards and clichy are much more solid in my books and wouldnt have been caught flat footed half as many times.
They will both play on Sunday, lets win that then re-assess your comments, the league this year is the big prize.

Mancini has been great for us and im not forgetting it but he really does have this result firmly at his feet.

The defense for the second goal was bad though. Three of them all stood in a line next to Hart for some reason. Kolarov lost his man to easily on 3 occasions.

Mancini's answer to why he left it so late to bring Aguero on does not wash though and im fucking fuming such a good manager can drop such a bollock.
His answer was not wanting to leave more space for them. Well we were already losing and not looking like scoring ffs what did he think will happen ?.
We were playing with 10 men (Dzeko marked out of it) and that sub (Dzeko - Aguero) would have gave them 0 extra room.
Mancini left it to late, 10 and 5 mins left respectively. Total fuck up, bollocks to worrying about giving them more space ffs pull your fucking thumb out and get fucking angry make the sodding changes.
I understand it may not have worked but it certainly looked to help us for the 4 or so minutes we had AJ and Aguero on. I would have prefered us to lose by more and have a crack than basically take it in the ass like we did.

This is not an anti Bobby rant just fustration at such a smart guy using the thought process of a brick.
I still love you Bobby but tonight your on the couch :p

Pezzer2 said:
I thought we played ok tonight. We have obviously tried learning our lessons from the other European Games and tried playing a slow tempo game to try and frustrate them like they did to us. Which I thought was working well until we conceded a sloppy goal. Most games against top opposition usually comes down to who can get the iniative and score the first goal, we never done that tonight. Its a game of fine margins and if we had scored first I believe we would have won convincingly
I was happy enough at half time. We did not recover from their 2nd

That home draw against Napoli left us without a safety net. We can make mistakes in the Premiership and still win games, but the intensity of these games are higher, and the quality is better.

doomuk said:
Id rather not be in the Europa league if we go out of the champs.

I think shit happens, im gutted we lost tonight but really dont want the embarasment of the bloody europa league. Even the name sounds plastic and wank!

Unless we win the trophy ( with kids )

This is our "Carling Cup semi" and "missing out on 4th" moment in the Champions League. We rectified both of those dismal events and tbh, this doesn't feel half as bad as they did.

Mancini has been brilliant this year, but this is on him. He shouldnt have played Dzeko and Balo together. If hes going to play with 2 strikers, play balo with Aguero.

Clichy-Lescott-Kompany-Kolarov
---------Toure---------
---- Milner--------Silva
----------Nasri---------
------Balo--------Aguero

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.