Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

doomuk said:
Id rather not be in the Europa league if we go out of the champs.

I think shit happens, im gutted we lost tonight but really dont want the embarasment of the bloody europa league. Even the name sounds plastic and wank!

All due respect blue, but who the fuck are we to turn our nose up at a European trophy? Embarrassment my arse.

Prestwich_Blue said:
jimharri said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just a quick question...

How many times did we give the ball away tonight.
Too bloody many.
Which is so unlike us normally. I just don't understand why we seemed to go to pieces tonight and forget the way we play.

Napoli are a very good side but they certainly aren't unbeatable. Once we got the goal back and got to half-time then I felt quite confident but a few minutes into the second half, de Jong gives the ball away when there was no need and we're behind again.

Lack of team fluidity due to having a limited player like dJ.
Nasri or Barry or Aguero (is he injured?) would have been the right choice. They can dribble, retain or pass the ball (or 'RECEPTIVE TO A PASS') judiciously besides having the ability to score.

I'd be happy to put a weakened side in the europa league and go all out for a domestic treble.

The game 161 said:
de niro said:
ClaudioDeyna said:
Just everything else left to play for then...
We are not out of it yet, we can beat bayern and beat them well.

Napoli won't fail to beat Villareal though.
they couldquite easily. Winning away in Europe is not straight forward. Napoli sit back and defend and suck teams on before counter-attacking. How will they approach Villareal?

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
The game 161 said:
de niro said:
We are not out of it yet, we can beat bayern and beat them well.

Napoli won't fail to beat Villareal though.

Can I have this Fridays Euromillion results please just inbox me the numbers and I'll be greatfully appreciated.

Ta!

We have to be realistic.

Expecting the worse takes the pressure off.

I think we're out as I see Napoli beating Villareal regardless as to what we do.

Fair play to Napoli, that was the best attack we've come up against this year in terms of their on field performance. Our defence at the moment isn't good enough to win a title in my eyes, we're leaking too many goals which means if our attack has an off-day then we will lose as opposed to a 0-0 draw. (Although our attacking off-days this year appear to have only been in Europe... So far.)

Having never played against a back 3 before, until we played Napoli, it certainly showed with the way we didn't attack quick enough or down the flanks. Goes to show the difference in the PL and the other top European leagues - the teams are much more organised in terms of their defensive play.

Not too bothered about the CL though, having got such a tough group it was always going to be hard to get through, especially with it being our first year and always being on the wrong end of refereeing decisions.

Need to try to bounce back this weekend, although I have a bad feeling about the dippers and think we'll struggle against them.

TCIB said:
Mancini has been great for us and im not forgetting it but he really does have this result firmly at his feet.

The defense for the second goal was bad though. Three of them all stood in a line next to Hart for some reason. Kolarov lost his man to easily on 3 occasions.

Mancini's answer to why he left it so late to bring Aguero on does not wash though and im fucking fuming such a good manager can drop such a bollock.
His answer was not wanting to leave more space for them. Well we were already losing and not looking like scoring ffs what did he think will happen ?.
We were playing with 10 men (Dzeko marked out of it) and that sub (Dzeko - Aguero) would have gave them 0 extra room.
Mancini left it to late, 10 and 5 mins left respectively. Total fuck up, bollocks to worrying about giving them more space ffs pull your fucking thumb out and get fucking angry make the sodding changes.
I understand it may not have worked but it certainly looked to help us for the 4 or so minutes we had AJ and Aguero on. I would have prefered us to lose by more and have a crack than basically take it in the ass like we did.

This is not an anti Bobby rant just fustration at such a smart guy using the thought process of a brick.
I still love you Bobby but tonight your on the couch :p
Next time keep your frustrations to yourself.

blame bobby for this? Mancini has to deliver in PL so why would he let our first pair fullbacks play 3 games in a week?

west didsblue said:
I thought we were poor defensively with Kolarov particularly having an off day. Every time they broke they looked like scoring and we were lucky to only concede 2. In midfield, I thought Yaya was off the pace and we created very few clear chances in spite of having a lot of possession. Dzeko was anonymous, I can't remember one thing he did.

My ratings:
Hart 7
Zabaletta 5
Lescott 6
Kompany 5
Kolorov 2
De Jong 6
Milner 7
Silva 6
Yaya 5
Balotelli 6
Dzeko 2

Aguero 6
Johnson 4
Nasri 7

ou gave Nasri 7 - based on qhaT?
kOLAROV 2 WISE UP¬

Hello darkness my old friend!
back in my comfort zone, all the winning was making me arrogant anyway!

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.