Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

They’re a good side Napoli, much, much better than their league position and form suggest. It’s actually a bit confusing. Their front 3 are some of the fastest and most direct forwards I’ve seen for a while. Our centrebacks actually look slow tonight, even Kompany. I think Dzeko was the only player of ours who played poorly.

Bunk said:
They’re a good side Napoli, much, much better than their league position and form suggest. It’s actually a bit confusing. Their front 3 are some of the fastest and most direct forwards I’ve seen for a while. Our centrebacks actually look slow tonight, even Kompany. I think Dzeko was the only player of ours who played poorly.

Thought Napoli were excellent tonight, don't let the possession stats fool you. Napoli controlled the game very well. We were feeding off scraps.

I love Bobby don't get me wrong. I praise him all the time as he has deserved it, on this occasion i feel he has dropped a bollock. Feel free to search my posts, never do i have a crack at the manager or players.
Tonight some critisism is fair, only constructive critisism though.

Mancini is a young manager and has plenty of time to learn, i just hope he does regarding Europe.

I am struggling with his reason for not making the subs sooner though, for those who never watched that post match interview he said words to the effect of "not giving them more space".

My view is we were losing and very flat, Dzeko for Aguero would if anything made them more wary due to his movement. Dzeko was out of the game on his own up front, easily marked out of it imo. So i cant see how Aguero for Dzeko could have given them more room really.
This does annoy me i admit as Mancini is usually tactically spot on, Europe seems to be a bit of a blind spot atm for him, though i am sure he will look at it and make adjustments.

It could've ended differently :(

The entire team was pretty bad except for Silva. Balo lost the ball way too often in the first half, RB/LB can't cross, way too much fucking backpassing, Dzeko completely isolated (though I think his touch was fine), Yaya Toure..... just ugh.. ugh for the whole team...

I still think that the above mentioned players are the best in the world, because they're city players, but the performance overall was not a good one.

The Kolarov you all love to shit on was the one who saved us against Napoli the first time, remember? Our players aren't suddenly 2nd tier talent because we lost. There's a reason we're still first in the EPL. Those players that play for City are the real deal. Kolarov and Zabs are second choice, and their both still very highly rated, which should tell you everything.

my only criticism looking back, is that if mario was ill, why on earth did he play 90 minutes

TCIB said:
I love Bobby don't get me wrong. I praise him all the time as he has deserved it, on this occasion i feel he has dropped a bollock. Feel free to search my posts, never do i have a crack at the manager or players.
Tonight some critisism is fair, only constructive critisism though.
This many times over.

Like has been said, tonight is the first ti,e I would question his team selection and substitutions.

I found it strange that he started such an important game with both Balotelli and Dzeko up front. Also that he gave NDJ a start in front of Barry. I think he took his eye off the ball for a second and had Sundays game in mind, squad rotation gone one step too far.

After an hour he should have had Aguero on - he made a difference and NDJ should have been replaced at the same time.

All that said from the comfort of my armchair I still believe we are dead lucky to have RM in charge and would not swap him for any other Manager in the world. He will learn from this experience.

Why was Mancini so reluctant to bring on Nasri and Aguero?? That could very well have cost us a place in the knockout round!

I would hate to watch Napoli week in week out, they really play some turgid stuff at times. They had under 40% possession at home ffs, twice now to us and Bayern.

It's on Mancini tonight. Made so many bad decisions both in team selection and substitutions that it's not even funny. Hugely disappointed not because we're going to go out of the CL, but because we/he didn't have the nous to beat an average football team over 180 minutes.

My personal hatred is the full back rotation. What the fuck on God's earth Kolarov and Zabaleta were doing on that pitch ahead of Micah and Gael is beyond me. Neither of a the former two have at any point this season shown anywhere near the quality the latter two have.

The ignominy of ending up playing Europa league football for the rest of the season will hopefully be the kind of bitter tonic Mancini needs to look back at his own decisions in this CL campaign and just how badly they've cost us...

Ah well...onwards and upwards.

Im annoyed for several reasons, but as has been said, we made Napoli look a lot better than they are. There an Italian version of Stoke, but it was only a few poor decisions and mistakes that have cost us. Oh well, good luck to them cant see them getting past the next stage though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.