Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Losses make streams going down constantly a bajillion times more frustrating. Or is it the other way around?

Re: Summarise

I just wish there was a way to opt out of that Europa League. I guess it will give Bridge, Nedhum and the boys some work though that will hopefully up their value.

We'd have to play 9 games to win the Europa League, even skipping the group stage, that is quite a lot. The prize money is not great either compared to the CL:

1st knock out round: €180,000
2nd knock out round: €270,000
Quarter-finals: €360,000
Semi-finals: €630,000
Losing Finalist: €2,000,000
Winning the Final: €3,000,000

Jocks Y-Fronts said:
To summarise the after match thoughts:-

We were poor except Joe and possibly David
We are not as good as Barcelona
Our fullbacks were the wrong choice
Buy Hamsik, Cavani and Lavezzi
Kun should have been on earlier
We made it easy for Napoli going down the middle, we were crying out for Micah and Clichy to give us width

I agree. Surprised with Mancini's tonight. For once he got it wrong. Oh well like my tee shirt says "Forza Mancini"

AdamoTheGreat said:
there goes $25,000,000

Thats some serious dosh we've missed out on.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:50 pm --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
It's on Mancini tonight. Made so many bad decisions both in team selection and substitutions that it's not even funny. Hugely disappointed not because we're going to go out of the CL, but because we/he didn't have the nous to beat an average football team over 180 minutes.

My personal hatred is the full back rotation. What the fuck on God's earth Kolarov and Zabaleta were doing on that pitch ahead of Micah and Gael is beyond me. Neither of a the former two have at any point this season shown anywhere near the quality the latter two have.

The ignominy of ending up playing Europa league football for the rest of the season will hopefully be the kind of bitter tonic Mancini needs to look back at his own decisions in this CL campaign and just how badly they've cost us...

Ah well...onwards and upwards.

That probably sums it up for most of us.
Best team for the big games, it ain't rocket science. (unless Micah was injured then fair enough with Zab )

Teams lose matches, get used to it, it happens to the best of them.

I support Mancini's rotation, and whether it was right or wrong its something we should be discussing later in December.

I'm disappointed and feel that we have under achieved. I would have been happy if we got knocked out anywhere in the next round. We are mathematically a chance, but i just can't see it happens (but it could be a positive typical city?). We didn't turn up in Europe this year, we failed to adapted to the different style of football teams played and we were caught out. But just like the misery of not qualifying for this two season ago Vs Spurs, i know we will come back better and stronger, with a lot more experience.

Credit has to go to Napoli. They were so deadly on the counter and didn't mind if we held more possession. They had a game plan and it worked, I will be cheering them on if we do indeed go out.

This run in of games in will define our season. I would take champions league glory over a premier league title any day, but it's fantastic that we are in a good position for the title. Let's get behind the lads! This season has been what dreams are made of.

CTID

We've tried to attack in every game.

When you watch Utd and Liverpool in Europe away, their priority has been not to lose.

If there is a lesson it is we are not at Barcelona's level yet, and should be more defensive away from home. At 1-1 we should not have lost that game. Still we did, move on to the next Cup Final

Summarise

Aguero and Richards should have started for Zabaleta and Dzeko Our shooting from outside the box was woeful

if we play with short and fast passes,Dzeko shouldn't be in the starting 11

he is soooo fucking slow

i'm sure we had scored more if we had Aguero and Richards.

BillyShears said:
It's on Mancini tonight. Made so many bad decisions both in team selection and substitutions that it's not even funny. Hugely disappointed not because we're going to go out of the CL, but because we/he didn't have the nous to beat an average football team over 180 minutes.

My personal hatred is the full back rotation. What the fuck on God's earth Kolarov and Zabaleta were doing on that pitch ahead of Micah and Gael is beyond me. Neither of a the former two have at any point this season shown anywhere near the quality the latter two have.

The ignominy of ending up playing Europa league football for the rest of the season will hopefully be the kind of bitter tonic Mancini needs to look back at his own decisions in this CL campaign and just how badly they've cost us...

Ah well...onwards and upwards.

Predictable twaddle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.