Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
It's on Mancini tonight. Made so many bad decisions both in team selection and substitutions that it's not even funny. Hugely disappointed not because we're going to go out of the CL, but because we/he didn't have the nous to beat an average football team over 180 minutes.

My personal hatred is the full back rotation. What the fuck on God's earth Kolarov and Zabaleta were doing on that pitch ahead of Micah and Gael is beyond me. Neither of a the former two have at any point this season shown anywhere near the quality the latter two have.

The ignominy of ending up playing Europa league football for the rest of the season will hopefully be the kind of bitter tonic Mancini needs to look back at his own decisions in this CL campaign and just how badly they've cost us...

Ah well...onwards and upwards.

Predictable twaddle

I can only say thank goodness that people like BS et al arent involved in the running of the club and the team

balo was selfish i think.he should make more good desisions.he should learn that.

The fullbacks don't need to be changed on mass, Richards could of played or Gael, why the need to change both.
Surely changing one of them would of been better suited as it's not as attacking as two, but with one change could be easily reverted to his preferred prem lineup.

Re: Summarise

We have been as average in Europe as we have been brilliant in the Premier League. Going on form we were never going to win it. Barca, Madrid much better. That is not to say we don't have the players for the job. Somewhat mysterious even taking into account the quality of opposition.

My main gripe is that you can't play with as many attacking players on the pitch. Essentially Milner, Yaya, Silva are better going forward. This works OK at home but away at Napoli.

Silva and Aguero up top. With Barry and NDJ. Yaya and Milner. That would have been much more solid. In addition the 2 big man routine didn't really work. As neither of them like playing that way. Edin by name but certainly not by nature.

Agree with most others. Best, and quickest, two fullbacks for a game like this.

So all in all, think Roberto got this wrong. Having said that as long as we don't take the Europa league too seriously this should benefit our title tilt.

are our player too selfish today.or is this the advice of mancini to do so.even silva has been hitting from outside the box,which i think simple pass would have been better.silva made some wrong decisions.
well bad games do happen and its time to move on.
let this game do not hamper our league form.
now mancini should act on

Summarise

Roberto got it wrong again last night, just like in Munich when he played kolo. He took all the pace out of the team against Napoli, who are probably the quickest team we have played this season. He seems to have put our performance in the first game down to us not playing so well and not to the fact they were a very good team. Roberto learned nothing from that first game. The buck stops with him. Bad team selection, you cant rotate just for the sake of giving people a game.

To summerise....

We lost
They won..

European football has always belonged to clubs outside England our 2 most successful clubs in ManUre (3) and Liverfool (5) says it all when one team has dominated the English Premier League for the past 20 years and the other haven't even won the league title since changing from Division one to the Premier League....

Napoli play football like this week in week out its why they hadn't conceded for the past 7 or whatever games but we have never had to play the way we did last night... In the Prem you can afford to loose the ball but you can't afford to in Champs league...

We've played 5 Champs league games and will have gained valuable experience from this it's not like it'll be the first and only time we enter the competition.

Should have stuck with the same back 4, defence were all over the place. Thought Kolorov was particularly poor last night & if it weren't for Joe could have been 2 more. I cant understand the mentality behind not starting one of the best strikers in the world and leaving it until 9mins from time to bring him on.

Gutted, but on we go. Forza Mancini.

poor near post defending for the first, that the second time in the champs league same against bayern.

mancini is right we can't keep scoring 3 each game certainly not in europe
and not conceeding first is an issue, we can't keep coming back into games.

there is still hope though, bayern i'm sure will not be 100% focused
we can beat them.

i don't see napoli losing, but hoping for a draw in spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.