Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Could not agree more with Comrade Buka.. absolutely bob on..

We were crying out for some pace from the fullbacks.. We went to Old Trafford and played our strogest eleven, which included: Richards, Clichy and Aguero.. It did not include Kolarov, Zabaleta and Dzeko... I imagine Roberto rated Liverpool above Napoli prior to this game.. Big mistake.. But I"ll forgive him if we win handsomely at Anfield :) Not out of the CL yet but we need an act of God .. if not then we'll win the Europa..

Blame has to be shared for that. RM got the team wrong but the eleven he put out were all good players yet virtually all had a collective stinker. Milner worked his socks off and was the best of the bunch. Yaya gave the ball away so many times, was so slow using the ball and failed to use it effectively far too often. Even Silva, apart from the last 15 minutes, wasn't up to his usual standard with some piss poor decision making. De Jong wasn't great. Dzeko was completely anonymous but the quality of crosses was shocking for the level we aspire to play at.

Mancini then failed to change it early enough. Nasri on was OK but cvould also have tried Barry to enable Yaya to play in the more advanced role where he's much better. Aguero should have been on 10 minutes earlier as should Johnson.

What frustrated me more than anything was that we abandoned the style that has brought us such success in the PL. We were slow on the ball, didn't pressure the ball when they had it, failed to pick the right pass too many times, were sloppy in our passing etc. There's no doubt Mancini has the ability to win us domestic honours but it's the same old questions being asked about his ability in the CL.

Is Lescott getting worse or is it just the fact that having noticed how unbelievably one footed he is, I am watching his game even more. I think it's wrong to single out individual players for what was collectively a poor team performance, but recently he seems to be struggling with anything anywhere on his right foot.

Rammyblues said:
Win Mancini is god, lose and lets all sack him,they were the better side deserved to win need to go out of this competition on a high, hopefully by having a go and beating Bayern. Platini will be well satisfied and all the press will be laughing at us, whats new. Took the rags seven years before they won it, so back to the league, main priority, hopefully we will take it out on Liverpool. As for Europa league we should try to progress as far as we can to build up co efficient and try to get out of pot 3 for next year, but first and foremost we need to qualify for the competition. Hoping that those players who haven't performed tonight realise that and improve otherwise I can see new faces being brought in to replace them. A new learning curve for us nothing to be ashamed of, in simple terms we got beat, move on.
Great post.
Agree with all of that.

Blue Tooth said:
Some folk need to give their heads a wobble if they think we were shit tonight.
We dominated possession, chances created, shots on target and off....apart from golas scored what more do we need to do away from home in a partisan arena?
I clapped the lads off the park, applauded our away fans and whilst i am dissapointed with the result it's done and we need to get right for Liverpool now.

*Applauds with you*

I dont think Mancini did much wrong today.. aside from waiting a tad too late to sub in Kun

If he had played Micah and Clichy the same cries wud have been for him to play the same team at Liverpool but it doesnt work like that.. over here we share games.

Dzeko had zero service!!

Silva and Milner were questionable..

The whole team was in despair tbh but for some reason I am not pissed.. I have this assurance that we can even nick it against bayern or come back stronger!!

Ducado said:
I see the drama queens have dusted off their dresses and got their hand bags out of the wardrobe, welcome back we have missed you, where were you for the last few months?

Do us all a favour, get a grip will you

I agree.......

I've only seen the goals as I was watching our game but I was surprised at the score.
I can't see Villareal giving Napoli a game tbh, they are a beaten force and just wish the competition was over. We beat them tonight without breaking sweat.
On a personal level I'm delighted that we've won what is a bloody tough group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.