Nasri and the 'Quenelle'

Status
Not open for further replies.
nellyonthewing said:
PrestwichBlue is right to pursue the insidious views of Regista.

My last word on this having now read up on this issue is that its clearly a racist nudge and a wink (mainly amongst arab origin ethnicity) mainly french.. Its a nasty slimy way of making a racist anti semitic slur without (currently) getting arrested.. If allowed to go unchallenged it just perpetuates the attitude of Regista et al..
It has no place on a football forum ,
Shame on Nasri bringing crap like this on to our Club...

The End ( or for Regista ) ............ FIN
You want to ban someone for having different views?

I share your opinion on the basis of what I have read so far, but the trouble is if we keep banning everyone we disagree with, we can't be sure of our opinion because it is not based on the entire range of argument. All I have read about this chap Dieudonne is from the BBC and from past experience that is not always reliable and there is no neutral view, particularly when it comes down to this subject matter. I'd like to know what and who were behind the anti-Zionist List. And I'd like to hear it from someone sympathetic to their view otherwise how can we know for sure.

Too much shame being thrown around. Much rather people just come out with what they believe, but then when you can get prosecuted for stuff you say online or wherever that's where you get your "nasty slimy slurs". You just move views underground. And that goes for views of all shades.

Prestwich_Blue said:
regista said:
Davs 19 said:
I think that you're feeling very uncomfortable.

I think you are getting frustrated.
I'll make it simple for you. Answer two questions yes or no.

1) Do you believe that over 5m Jews (and I know there were a significant number of others) died between 1941 and 1945 mostly as a result or organised murder?

2) do you believe that, in addition to large scale mass shootings, the majority of the deaths were as a result of Zyklon B or Carbon Monoxide poisoning in organised centres built specifically for that purpose?

Millions of Jews, Poles, Romanians, Slavs were killed in the holocaust.

levets said:
Davs 19 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I don't agree and that's a nonsensical argument. Anti-semitism existed long before Israel came into existence in 1948. The Holocaust had nothing to do with Israel; it was plain-old fashioned European/Christian Jew hatred. And even if your argument held any water, why would the mainly Algerian/Moroccan people who make up most of the French Arabic population have been affected? It's like saying all Protestants have a right to hate, abuse and attack Catholics (or vice versa) because of the situation in Northern Ireland.

I was with you all the way until what sounds like a sweeping generalisation.

Agree... seems even PB is capable of a stupid brainless comment now and then....
I disagree. I was asking the question as to why an Algerian or Moroccan in France could justify hating Jews because of the existence of Israel. Something which had absolutely no impact on them. I can certainly understand why someone who was directly affected would. It was a very apt comparison. Do Catholics attack Protestants in France or the USA because of the situation in Northern Ireland? Because Marvin (a poster I have huge respect for by the way) suggested that Arabs might be entitled to do the same to Jews because of Israel.

mancityvstoke said:
So is REGISTA a Nazi or an anti semitic?

Or racist?

I'm confused.

Do all Christians hate Jews?

I'm not a Nazi or Anti-semetic.

I'm not racist either.

Do all Christians hate Jews ? No , not all Christians hate Jews.

ayrshire_blue said:
Eccles Blue said:
ayrshire_blue said:
I despair, I really really do.

What do you despair of Ayrshire Blue? Cutting my original post down to this one sentence makes me despair as well!!!

Trivializing the full issue with such a ridiculous comparison fella!

The full anti Semitic or anti establishment part can be debated till the cows come home but by all accounts he knew exactly what he was doing and wasn't just brushing his shoulder (or rubbing cream on his arm lol)!

I was not trivialising it I was saying that these days we almost cannot do anything at all without someone finding fault with it. Read the whole post and quote the whole post because that shows I am not trivialising!!

Plus, just for your information I am not a fella!!! :-)

Prestwich_Blue said:
levets said:
Davs 19 said:
I was with you all the way until what sounds like a sweeping generalisation.

Agree... seems even PB is capable of a stupid brainless comment now and then....
I disagree. I was asking the question as to why an Algerian or Moroccan in France could justify hating Jews because of the existence of Israel. Something which had absolutely no impact on them. I can certainly understand why someone who was directly affected would. It was a very apt comparison. Do Catholics attack Protestants in France or the USA because of the situation in Northern Ireland? Because Marvin (a poster I have huge respect for by the way) suggested that Arabs might be entitled to do the same to Jews because of Israel.

Get all that PB. It was the the sentence I emboldened in your original post that caused me a problem:

" it was plain-old fashioned European/Christian Jew hatred"

I hope you can understand why.

Eccles Blue said:
ayrshire_blue said:
Eccles Blue said:
What do you despair of Ayrshire Blue? Cutting my original post down to this one sentence makes me despair as well!!!

The full anti Semitic or anti establishment part can be debated till the cows come home but by all accounts he knew exactly what he was doing and wasn't just brushing his shoulder (or rubbing cream on his arm lol)!

I was not trivialising it I was saying that these days we almost cannot do anything at all without someone finding fault with it. Read the whole post and quote the whole post because that shows I am not trivialising!!

I agree entirely but that's not the case with Nasri. If he had done a full blown Nazi salute would you still be complaining that we can't do anything these days?? My point is he's made a gesture that not here, but in France, seems to be a well known offensive gesture - whether towards Jews or not. And in his words he's done it to support a friend - who just happens to have numerous convictions for anti semetic offences. Not saying he should be hung drawn and quartered but it's a tad stupid. He's since apologised and I hope a line is drawn under it there.

And I'm sorry for the fella part...my bad! :-)

ayrshire_blue said:
Eccles Blue said:
ayrshire_blue said:

I agree entirely but that's not the case with Nasri. If he had done a full blown Nazi salute would you still be complaining that we can't do anything these days?? My point is he's made a gesture that not here, but in France, seems to be a well known offensive gesture - whether towards Jews or not. And in his words he's done it to support a friend - who just happens to have numerous convictions for anti semetic offences. Not saying he should be hung drawn and quartered but it's a tad stupid. He's since apologised and I hope a line is drawn under it there.

And I'm sorry for the fella part...my bad! :-)

is it really a "well known offensive gesture" ? or is a gesture that some people have "interpreted as "offensive" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.