Nasri Appeal (merged).

When I first watched it on a blurry stream I thought it was never a red, however the camera angle behind Nasri shown on Motd makes it clear that Samir did flick his head towards Bassong and in my book that's a red card, no arguments.

Doesn't matter if you miss or hit with a head butt, kick or punch - it's a red regardless as Beckham found out in '98.

What rankles is the fact that United players get away with the same and worse, most weeks - this is down to the fact that their manager holds great sway over referees and the FA. Doesn't make what Nasri did right though.

Johnsonontheleft said:
When I first watched it on a blurry stream I thought it was never a red, however the camera angle behind Nasri shown on Motd makes it clear that Samir did flick his head towards Bassong and in my book that's a red card, no arguments.

Doesn't matter if you miss or hit with a head butt, kick or punch - it's a red regardless as Beckham found out in '98.

What rankles is the fact that United players get away with the same and worse, most weeks - this is down to the fact that their manager holds great sway over referees and the FA. Doesn't make what Nasri did right though.

I agree that it doesn't look great from that angle but sometimes all these different camera angles can give a distorted view of things and as another poster said that angle wasn't a head-butt but 2 heads sliding off each other.

I stand by my view that Nasri neither head-butted or attempted to head-butt Bassong but was merely confronting him to remonstrate about the recklessness of the tackle. The letter of the law may well construe it as violent behaviour but the law is an ass on this occasion because not even a 6 year old kid would've been hurt in that coming together. Crikey, even Hansen said he was unlucky.

Whilst Nasri didn't help his cause by swiping his head away across the guys forehead it's clear double standards nothing worse than RVP at Swansea when he went face to face and had a little swipe with his hand totally ignored.

Add to this his shirt up celebration (which Tevez was warned for).

Anyone think the FA have a clear agenda to try to do as much as possible for the title to land at the swamp for Taggart's retirement present?.

The FA want to try getting tough with players who cause the trouble in the first place by making these sort of aggressive , reckless , tackles ...... Bassong clearly orchestrated the entire incident by sliding in and causing Nasri to have a pretty bad fall , in which he could easily have injured his neck or shoulder.

The force used in that tackle suggested that Bassong attempted to to take the player out , and do more than just win that ball.

I don't think Nasri was trying to head butt him, it looked more like forehead to forehead and Nasri tried to use it to push him away but slipped. On that basis I don't think the intent was there and there wasn't an unintentional head butt either, so if the panel were to see it that way too it should be overturned.

M18CTID said:
Some of our fans have been too harsh on Nasri here because if the officials had any modicum of commonsense he'd have been looking at a yellow card tops.

Sorry mate; that 's a big if. It doesn't give a player licence to gamble his team's chances of victory against the expectation of consistent refereeing. All the comments on here about reffing quality and double standards suggest the odds were against him.

He's lucky we won without him. If we'd gone 10 points behind because of some petty act of petulance, Nasri would have been massacred on here and called every bastard under the sun. Just as he was after the derby.

Opinion on here flips by the week.

Re: Appeal or not? SN.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
oakiecokie said:
BillyShears said:
This is place is constantly dialled up to 10 when it comes to screams of an agenda ... ;)

Think the City Store has sold more Blue Tinted Glasses than ever this year.

Perhaps the city store should sell sand so you and the others can continue to bury your heads.

Doesn't matter whatever happens to city certain posters on here will never accept what's right in front of them.

Quite right.Stop the bus I want to get off the anti City campaign.

sir baconface said:
M18CTID said:
Some of our fans have been too harsh on Nasri here because if the officials had any modicum of commonsense he'd have been looking at a yellow card tops.

Sorry mate; that 's a big if. It doesn't give a player licence to gamble his team's chances of victory against the expectation of consistent refereeing. All the comments on here about reffing quality and double standards suggest the odds were against him.

He's lucky we won without him. If we'd gone 10 points behind because of some petty act of petulance, Nasri would have been massacred on here and called every bastard under the sun. Just as he was after the derby.

Opinion on here flips by the week.

I understand what you're saying but by the same logic, and taking your valid point about inconsistent refereeing, it could be argued that Kompany gambled equally as much when winning that tackle on Bradley Johnson in the lead-up to our second goal - you don't need me to remind you that a similar tackle in last season's FA Cup tie derby saw him red carded. It could be argued that by having seen red in the past for such a tackle, Vinnie should know better than Nasri.

I bet the reaction in here would've been different if he'd been sent off instead of Nasri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.