Nasri [Merged] continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCFC BOB said:
citizens_1976 said:
We will get him. A transfer is very unlikely to drag on all this time to be stopped by agent fees. That would seem absurd. If the deal doesn't go through then my guesses are that Nasri doesn't want the move.

Tbh I'm happy with what we already have, if we get Nasri it's a bonus, but like I said we don't desperately need Nasri. We will challenge for the title regardless.
We'll just have Silva play 60 games then.

We have plenty of midfielders. De Jong, Barry, Milner, Johnson, Toure as well as Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez and Aguero. We have more than enough firepower and more than enough creators. We need another Ozil/Silva type midfielder and Nasri is not that.

To summarize the Twitter confusion.

- Ladyman says City are confident of the deal going through AFTER the earlier French story. Ladyman cites Ogden as his source.
- But Ogden hasn't tweeted anything about it so maybe he told Ladyman personally or deleted his tweet?
- Despite the above, Ladyman is now responding to questions and said that City's confidence of the deal going through is the latest update he/they have.

citizens_1976 said:
MCFC BOB said:
citizens_1976 said:
We will get him. A transfer is very unlikely to drag on all this time to be stopped by agent fees. That would seem absurd. If the deal doesn't go through then my guesses are that Nasri doesn't want the move.

Tbh I'm happy with what we already have, if we get Nasri it's a bonus, but like I said we don't desperately need Nasri. We will challenge for the title regardless.

We have plenty of midfielders. De Jong, Barry, Milner, Johnson, Toure as well as Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez and Aguero. We have more than enough firepower.

Plus we have some quality youth team players with great skill

citizens_1976 said:
MCFC BOB said:
citizens_1976 said:

We have plenty of midfielders. De Jong, Barry, Milner, Johnson, Toure as well as Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez and Aguero. We have more than enough firepower.
And do any of those midfielders have the capability of controlling our attacking play in the way Silva does?

citizens_1976 said:
MCFC BOB said:
citizens_1976 said:

De Jong, Barry, Milner and to a lesser extent Johnson would not be able to perform the role silva does ie keep possession, play incisive balls through and generally be the playmaker. If Silva gets injured would you be happy having Milner as our playmaker?

waspish said:
citizens_1976 said:
MCFC BOB said:

We do indeed. Comparing our squad to United's and Chelsea's we have a lot more flair and creativity in our midfield than they do, whether Silva starts or doesn't.

Ladyman tweet two hours ago that City are still confident that the deal will go through. He has decent sources at City. Relax everyone.

citizens_1976 said:
waspish said:
citizens_1976 said:

We do indeed. Comparing our squad to United's and Chelsea's we have a lot more flair and creativity in our midfield than they do, whether Silva starts or doesn't.
When Silva doesn't play, we lose the ability to pass a ball properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.