Nasri Transfer Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think that?

Apart from the reality that he hasn't been regularly fit since his arrival in England 8 years ago, positionally naive - has relied on his pace & strength rather than properly reading the game. Yes, he can pass and tackle but a central defender for Pep has to be more than that. In the big matches, it was him who made the errors not the others in his defensive line.

I think it'll be a moot point in the end since he is unlikely to stay healthy but the fact that he has to focus on rehabilitating rather than learning Pep's very intricate game who relies very dearly on a particular profile CB does not bode well for the future

Apart from the reality that he hasn't been regularly fit since his arrival in England 8 years ago, positionally naive - has relied on his pace & strength rather than properly reading the game. Yes, he can pass and tackle but a central defender for Pep has to be more than that. In the big matches, it was him who made the errors not the others in his defensive line.

I think it'll be a moot point in the end since he is unlikely to stay healthy but the fact that he has to focus on rehabilitating rather than learning Pep's very intricate game who relies very dearly on a particular profile CB does not bode well for the future
in your opinion how do you think stones will do under pep?

in your opinion how do you think stones will do under pep?

The same that many have really - is he the player of the last 2 seasons under Martinez, or the one in his debut season? There were moments in his first year under Roberto, long before he was linked to Barcelona, that I thought ok he could play for Barcelona or even as a DM in the Premiership. He had maturity and instincts on/off the ball that made me think his potential was immense, but then the last 2 seasons happened

So we'll see. Pep has a way of shaping young players with potential so I understand the allure of a player of Stones' caliber & strengths. But as you know, big transfer fees typically come with additional pressures and sometimes players can't cope - John doesn't strike me as this sort but I admit I haven't watched him enough to know this well. Guardiola prefers to pair a right footed central defender alongside a left footed one which leaves only Mangala - so, there's that too

I know my post might seem random but no word of a lie, the transfer list exists, the PFA deal with it and I have a mate who's job it is is to imput all the data. I will message him and ask if Nasri is on there
The expression used to be a player would ask to go on the transfer list and his name would be circulated to other clubs as available for transfer.
If a player asked to go on the list he lost 10% of the money owed ,if the club listed him he kept the money himself

He hid behind Dzeko and the ball hit his foot. It was indefensible and I can not understand any blue that would support him over that. There is flinching and there is being a pussy and hiding. Nasri did not flinch.

Actually I'm glad you posted that because I've never revisited it and remember it entirely differently.

You're correct that it didn't come off his back or shoulder (which is what I and most others on here seem to recall) he stuck his foot out to try and block it and got a small touch on it. I'm not sure if he'd missed it would have made any difference. Despite the knob commentator claiming he was hiding behind Dzeko he stood his ground as Dzeko (and whoever was stood on the right) shuffled across in front of him in effect making it just a 2 man wall. Tevez was stood there originally but (presumably at Hart's insistence) moved away.

So Nasri didn't flinch at all, the blame should be aimed at Hart/Dzeko/Tevez/3rd guy in the wall (probably not Tevez). It also was a decent free kick. Yet another myth exploded although the haters will never accept it.

Watch it at around the 10 second mark a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.