Nasri Transfer Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I'm glad you posted that because I've never revisited it and remember it entirely differently.

You're correct that it didn't come off his back or shoulder (which is what I and most others on here seem to recall) he stuck his foot out to try and block it and got a small touch on it. I'm not sure if he'd missed it would have made any difference. Despite the knob commentator claiming he was hiding behind Dzeko he stood his ground as Dzeko (and whoever was stood on the right) shuffled across in front of him in effect making it just a 2 man wall. Tevez was stood there originally but (presumably at Hart's insistence) moved away.

So Nasri didn't flinch at all, the blame should be aimed at Hart/Dzeko/Tevez/3rd guy in the wall (probably not Tevez). It also was a decent free kick. Yet another myth exploded although the haters will never accept it.

Watch it at around the 10 second mark a few times.
So it was pretty much everybody else's fault bar Nasri?
I don't think any myth has been exploded tbf. The wall did a terrible job and Nasri was a major reason for that. Others didn't cover themselves in glory either, especially Hart but it's some mental gymnastics you're using in your attempt to absolve Nasri from any blame at all.

Also, 'Haters' makes you sound like a child or Taylor Swift. I doubt very much anybody hates him, just disappointed with a player who's not fulfilled his potential as a footballer.

So it was pretty much everybody else's fault bar Nasri?
I don't think any myth has been exploded tbf. The wall did a terrible job and Nasri was a major reason for that. Others didn't cover themselves in glory either, especially Hart but it's some mental gymnastics you're using in your attempt to absolve Nasri from any blame at all.

Also, 'Haters' makes you sound like a child or Taylor Swift. I doubt very much anybody hates him, just disappointed with a player who's not fulfilled his potential as a footballer.
You don't think some people hate him given some of the posts on here? Get real.

And yes, watching that video I can't really blame him. He did his job unless Hart was belatedly screaming for the wall to move to the left (after he presumably told Tevez to move) in which case you still couldn't blame Nasri. Try watching it and explain why you think I'm wrong instead of trying to take cheap shots.

I dont like his attitude but to put his time here at City on that 1 free kick is ridiculous. You can't blame a defender or a keeper for every deflection, it was a reaction in the moment and it wasn't the best one but its 1 small moment. We have had people making bigger mistakes in our defense all through those 4 years. That moment is not a reason to question him or hate him.

Bear in mind, Pep showed Ronaldinho & Deco the door upon his arrival with Barcelona's first team - players that led them to their most recent Champions League title. Fit Pep's vision or look for the exit

You don't think some people hate him given some of the posts on here? Get real.

And yes, watching that video I can't really blame him. He did his job unless Hart was belatedly screaming for the wall to move to the left (after he presumably told Tevez to move) in which case you still couldn't blame Nasri. Try watching it and explain why you think I'm wrong instead of trying to take cheap shots.
A wall is meant to stand strong. It's meant to stay together making the forwards job harder to hit the target. The players in a wall should stand forward facing and if that means a ball hits them in the face then so be it. In this case Nasri made himself small instead of big.
As it happens I always thought Hart was the most to blame for that goal. It should never have been a 3 man wall from a free kick in that position and he should never have been beaten at the corner he was covering. So yes I've tried watching it, several times over the years as it happens and my opinion has remained the same since it did when I saw it for the first time in real time.
I wasn't taking cheap shots either - I think calling people haters is a bit soft so wanted to get that across. If that upsets your sensibilities then I apologise.

Bear in mind, Pep showed Ronaldinho & Deco the door upon his arrival with Barcelona's first team - players that led them to their most recent Champions League title. Fit Pep's vision or look for the exit

I think comparing Nasri's condition with Ronadinho, is somewhat harsh. The guy had been turning up for training in the clothes he'd been sleeping in.

I was merely pointing out that Pep came in as a first time, 1st team coach and proceeded to show stars like Ronaldinho & Deco the door - very nearly showed Eto'O the door too. For me, that means no player is untouchable and same will apply at City.

I was merely pointing out that Pep came in as a first time, 1st team coach and proceeded to show stars like Ronaldinho & Deco the door - very nearly showed Eto'O the door too. For me, that means no player is untouchable and same will apply at City.
I don't think anybody disagrees with that statement. Nobody is untouchable and that's how it should be. Our problem over the last six years or so is that some players have looked untouchable and it's part of the reason we've found ourselves falling behind when it should have been a period of domination.

A wall is meant to stand strong. It's meant to stay together making the forwards job harder to hit the target. The players in a wall should stand forward facing and if that means a ball hits them in the face then so be it. In this case Nasri made himself small instead of big.
As it happens I always thought Hart was the most to blame for that goal. It should never have been a 3 man wall from a free kick in that position and he should never have been beaten at the corner he was covering. So yes I've tried watching it, several times over the years as it happens and my opinion has remained the same since it did when I saw it for the first time in real time.
I wasn't taking cheap shots either - I think calling people haters is a bit soft so wanted to get that across. If that upsets your sensibilities then I apologise.
But he did stand strong, he got barged by Dzeko who pretty much blocked his view and tried to intercept the flight of the ball. I admit I've always bought into this ' he ducked out of the way' but there is no way anyone can claim that in my opinion.

No, it didn't 'upset my sensibilities', I just thought you were being an arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.