Nasri

Re: 20m for Nasri

I often sit there and wonder if Mancini is telling him to do that. Watch some highlight videos of just before we bought him and I know everyone looks good on YouTube but he was a different player. Driving into the box, beating players, whipping passes across the box and scoring plenty himself.

Is it the pressure of every fan in the country desperate to see him fail? Him not being utilized properly? Not liking Mancini? Or is it just Mancini saying keep the ball ticking over, final third is where we damage teams so make sure we don't lose it but don't go taking shots or through balls when it is not 100% not going to be successful.

Impossible to know but unless it can change i think a move may be on the cards.

If he spends much of next season on the bench here he'd probably miss out on the World Cup too, which might effect his thinking. We're more than likely to bring in one high quality playmaker or winger this season, which will make it harder for Nasri (and Milner) and Nasri doesn't seem like the sort up for the fight. Move would be best especially if PSG really are willing to give us a big % of our money back. His productivity has been so poor this season, low number of assists and goals, and rarely comes across as an attacking threat which we need more of.

Akira said:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/02/27/3783710/manchester-city-willing-to-take-7m-hit-on-nasri?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_3

Manchester City are willing to listen to offers for Samir Nasri this summer, Goal.com understands.

The Premier League champions value the Frenchman at around the £18 million mark and are ready to cash in on him if their asking price is met.
As revealed by Goal.com in December, Nasri is unsettled in Manchester and wants to leave the Premier League champions, with a return to London his preferred move.

Nasri joined City from Arsenal for around £25m in August 2011 but City are believed to be willing to sell the attacking midfielder at a considerable loss in order to clear his £175,000-a-week wages off the Etihad Stadium wage bill.

Interested clubs are set to be quoted a figure of around £18m for the 25-year-old in the forthcoming transfer window.

Manager Roberto Mancini used an interview with The Guardian last week to express his frustration with some of his players this season, name-checking Nasri and Joe Hart.

"I think Samir has fantastic qualities," Mancini said. "With his quality, he should always play well. Every game he could be the difference. A player of this quality could be one of the best players in Europe. But it's not happening.

"Sometimes a player thinks it's enough what they did the year before and doesn't understand that every day they should improve.

"If you are a top player you know you can improve until the last day of your career but sometimes you get players who think it is not important to work and this is their worst mistake.

"Samir can do better than this year. He is a top player but he has not been playing at his level.”

Mancini then added: "You win the title, then you think it's enough to play 50 per cent and you don't arrive the next year."

Nasri was considering his future even before Mancini's public attack but only a small elite of clubs have the financial power to offer the player an escape route from Manchester.

Goal.com revealed earlier this month that wealthy Monaco are keen to lure Nasri and his team-mate Carlos Tevez to France this summer.

The ambitious Ligue 2 leaders, who are expected to be promoted to Ligue 1, are bankrolled by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev and are able to offer tax-free salaries in order to tempt top players to the principality.

Please. Someone take him.

To be honest towards the end of last season I thought we'd turned a corner with Nasri, Chelsea at home he was sensational. I think there is an excellent footballer in there, it's just a shame we don't see it very often, plus he has been poor for us this season.

FantasyIreland said:
Thenumber1blue said:
A few players have had a poor season but don't get the stick Nasri has had,Joe Hart for example,been very poor for me,wouldn't want to get rid of him though.Nasri is not suited to being played out wide,needs to be through the middle.

Hart,''Very poor''??

Do me a favour.....perhaps his incredibly high standards have dropped slightly on occasion,however,that certainly puts him nowhere near your bracket.
Besides,Hart gives his all,every single game,it hurts when he isnt at his best or lets his mates down.......

Nasri's character doesnt come close to Harts,please do not suggest otherwise.
Yeh ,Joe Hart's been very poor all season like I said.

Thenumber1blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Thenumber1blue said:
A few players have had a poor season but don't get the stick Nasri has had,Joe Hart for example,been very poor for me,wouldn't want to get rid of him though.Nasri is not suited to being played out wide,needs to be through the middle.

Hart,''Very poor''??

Do me a favour.....perhaps his incredibly high standards have dropped slightly on occasion,however,that certainly puts him nowhere near your bracket.
Besides,Hart gives his all,every single game,it hurts when he isnt at his best or lets his mates down.......

Nasri's character doesnt come close to Harts,please do not suggest otherwise.
Yeh ,Joe Hart's been very poor all season like I said.

Yep, he was truly awful in the Dortmund game where he put on one of the best goalkeeping displays I've ever seen.

Please, he's had a handful of poor games but has been solid other than that. What a riduclous statement.

ecviper said:
MSP said:
I've argued with people who didn't rate Nasri since forever as I rate him and don't think he was as bad as some were saying. But anyway, that's fair, people have different opinion about players and that's what football forums are for. Not good, not rate him, want him sold... ok, nobody will ask me or you for such decisions but of course we can have them.

However, the big change of attitude toward Nasri happened after derby wall thing and I find it pretty pathetic and small mind to give all kind of shit to player for making "part of the second decision" mistake just because those that are doing it felt uncomfortable meeting their rags work colleagues day after.

There's life beyond rags and as much as I hate them I think some people here are too obsessed with them and I have lost some respect for people who are going for Nasri's head for that. You might be on 100 Yorks, I don't care, but that's pretty disgusting behavior.

Nasri suffered some serious abuse from other clubs fans from day one he joined City, Arsenal fans were almost physically attacking him, Liverpool ones were taunting him while he was driving his car on the road, won't even start about online abuse and insults he was getting etc, etc...

the amount of pressure he was on since he joined City was huge and then on top of that in one second, after one mistake that happens pretty much every weekend around football globe even City fans turn to same stuff about him, to launch same abuse and insults he was hearing by arsenal ones in year prior that.

What's worst, barely anyone noticed what happened on that free kick vs rags until Daily Mail, big City friend :sarcasm: launched another character defaming article about him and lot of City fans failed to their trap completely and got player who is pretty much fucked up and lost for the rest of the season with his sale value getting lower as we speak.

And all that for one fuck up. Naivety at it's best. But hey, some rag took a piss the other day, it's deserved.

Give him a fucking rest. if he is set to leave let's at least take some money for him, if not he'd certainly not get better with this level of abuse and insults.

Spot on.

I was amazed at the slagging Nasri got on here after the derby. Ok, it deflected off him and went in but the problem was not the wall but the cheap freekick we gave away needlessly in the beginning. In that match we were well below par.

Anyone remember the Bellamy going for glory long pass that ended up in the back of our net a few seconds later? Not much was said about getting rid of Bellamy for that lost to the rags.

The problem was the gutless twat diving for cover behind someone else instead of standing up to be counted !!

Tevez City said:
Can't wait for the summer to see what Soriano & Txiki will do.

I think people are really building themselves up to a disappointment with Soriano and Txiki. They've been made up into some football powerhouse miracle workers who with a single summer window will relieve us of all dead weight whilst buying Messi, Iniesta and Ronaldo and sailing through FFP backwards with our hair on fire. It's just not going to happen. We may do slightly better business than with Marwood and Cook leading the charge, but we're essentially still viewed as a club who can buy players for billions and sell for peanuts. It's not easy being as rich as we are ;)

adrianr said:
Tevez City said:
Can't wait for the summer to see what Soriano & Txiki will do.

I think people are really building themselves up to a disappointment with Soriano and Txiki. They've been made up into some football powerhouse miracle workers who with a single summer window will relieve us of all dead weight whilst buying Messi, Iniesta and Ronaldo and sailing through FFP backwards with our hair on fire. It's just not going to happen. We may do slightly better business than with Marwood and Cook leading the charge, but we're essentially still viewed as a club who can buy players for billions and sell for peanuts. It's not easy being as rich as we are ;)
It sounds though like we are moving much quicker this time around though...

Bobbins said:
The problem was the gutless twat diving for cover behind someone else instead of standing up to be counted !!

Would you call Barry gutless for turning his back twice in almost successive games where teams have scored from shots outside the box? hmm? You don't see people giving him everlasting shit about it. He's tough as nails even though he made those mistakes.

How about Kompany ducking in the Real Madrid game earlier this season that cost us the game?

Point is, shit happens. Its wrong to use that single mistake to generalize a player and all of his attributes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.