Nastasić

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richie said:
obliquerays said:
Neville Kneville said:
Any idea how much we have to pay them to take Savic ?

And do we need a skip or will they collect ?

Maybe i'm a bit soft, but this kind of invective, directed at a young lad who has tried his best for City in every game he's played, irritates me no end.

I know he didn't live up to expectations but he made only 13 starts last season ( Won: 10 Drew: 1 Lost 2 fwiw ) and had a handful of very tidy performances. Clearly he has his faults at this formative stage of his career, and maybe he'll never make it at the highest level ( very few do )but thats no reason for such a rancid, spiteful attitude.

Just started typing a long response in support of this, but then realised that whatever I typed couldn't add to such a great post. I couldn't agree more.

These are the idiots who criticize players if they do not put in a world class performance every match. Just ignore them. If such people become managers they would be changing the whole team every window.

Ragnarok said:
Richie said:
obliquerays said:
Maybe i'm a bit soft, but this kind of invective, directed at a young lad who has tried his best for City in every game he's played, irritates me no end.

I know he didn't live up to expectations but he made only 13 starts last season ( Won: 10 Drew: 1 Lost 2 fwiw ) and had a handful of very tidy performances. Clearly he has his faults at this formative stage of his career, and maybe he'll never make it at the highest level ( very few do )but thats no reason for such a rancid, spiteful attitude.

Just started typing a long response in support of this, but then realised that whatever I typed couldn't add to such a great post. I couldn't agree more.

These are the idiots who criticize players if they do not put in a world class performance every match. Just ignore them. If such people become managers they would be changing the whole team every window.

No, these are idiots who have watched City since the 60's & know when there's a bloke who is less talented than players we had in the 3rd division & has no right to be wearing our shirt.

And the smug sinidey reply from the 1st poster is flesh crawlingly awful.

As if my comment is worse than something most of you will say about a player you don't like.

Hypocrites.

Neville Kneville said:
Ragnarok said:
Richie said:

No, these are idiots who have watched City since the 60's & know when there's a bloke who is less talented than players we had in the 3rd division & has no right to be wearing our shirt.

As if my comment is worse than something most of you will say about a player you don't like.

Hypocrites.

Go on then Great Wise One - name a centre half we had in the Play-Off winning team who was more talented than Savic?

I now realise you are a fantastic judge of ability and potential, but in addition to your fantastic judgement, how about you use facts such as International Caps by the age of 22 to support your argument.

Is that a smug, snidey and flesh crawlingly awful reply for you?

Richie said:
Neville Kneville said:
Ragnarok said:

Hypocrites.

Go on then Great Wise One - name a centre half we had in the Play-Off winning team who was more talented than Savic?

I now realise you are a fantastic judge of ability and potential, but in addition to your fantastic judgement, how about you use facts such as International Caps by the age of 22 to support your argument.

Truthfully now, have you really seen anything to suggest that he is better than Wiekens or Morrison ? I know that he probably has more potential, but have you really seen enough to be able to judge on the positive side ?

lost_n_spaced said:
Richie said:
Neville Kneville said:

Hypocrites.

Truthfully now, have you really seen anything to suggest that he is better than Wiekens or Morrison ? I know that he probably has more potential, but have you really seen enough to be able to judge on the positive side ?

He's not in the same class as either, nowhere even remotely close.

Savic is an odd on, but he played well for montenegro against eng and hes obviously got talent. I think his problem is mentality, when you are going through bad periods coaches always say keep it simple but he kept doing the same shit he cocked up on. I would much rather we loan him out or have an option to buy back but tbfh i rate boyata much more than savic.

shevtheblue said:
Savic is an odd on, but he played well for montenegro against eng and hes obviously got talent. I think his problem is mentality, when you are going through bad periods coaches always say keep it simple but he kept doing the same shit he cocked up on. I would much rather we loan him out or have an option to buy back but tbfh i rate boyata much more than savic.

He was fucking horrendous for Montenegro v England though.

England were running through him like water & the Montenegro coach took him out of the cb position & put him at right back, where, tbf, he did ok & put a great cross in.

So I thought perhaps he could play right back but then saw him there for City.

He can't.

lost_n_spaced said:
Richie said:
Neville Kneville said:

Hypocrites.

Are you being serious? Wiekens and Morrison played against THIRD Division strikers that year, yet you want to compare these against Savic's performances against PREMIER league forwards (many of whom are Internationals)?

I personally would rate Savic behind Kompany, Lescott & Richards at centre-half and am certainly not his biggest fan. My 'flesh crawling' and 'smug' reply to the original post was in support of the fact that it seems that talentless no-marks (and I include myself as one) on an Internet forum seem to take pleasure in over-the-top criticism that is often unfair.

And it doesn't really matter what I think - I think the opinion of Mancini, the City coaching & scouting staff, as well of that of his national team manager are much more informed and important than yours or mine (maybe not Neville Kneville's).

Is this the game at wembley? I cant remember exactly but im sure it was a draw and he was ok. Look, give him a break he obviously tries but he got shaken early and doesnt seem to have the mentality to correct it. Calling him shit and raging everytime he cocks up is pointless. Dare i say, remember lucas' first couple of seasons at liverpool where he was nearly hounded out? Now hes their main man in that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.