Nastasić

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordi Alba went to Barca for 13m €.

Nastasic wont be ours unless paying 15 € + bonuses. And give them a defender too.
What else? Will City pay Savic's wages?

If we wanted to stop wasting money we should never wait this much with transfers. The real wasting is can happen now...

thenabster said:
So we are buying a 19 year old with just one full season in Italy who plays at Fiorentina, a team that was 13th last year, for 15m euros +5 m in bonus plus Savic valued at 9m.

A total of 29 m euros !!!

Are you kidding me ? That's like 20 m pounds with that money we could buy Diego Godin + Yanga Mbiwa and Mateo Mussacchio and parked the bus till the end of the season.

Seriously, that's why this transfer window has been super frustrating. Either we are keeping it cool for ffp or not. Now we are panic buying in the last 3 days of the window and spalshing shit cash like Liverpool buying Carroll.

*disclaimer

As every city fan if we do buy Nastasic, I will be his #1 fan and will hope he turns out to be better than Vidic.

It's good to be objective, but Savic at 9 million Euros is frigging Christmas. With the bonus, you've just added around 10 million Euros to the realistic comparitive price. If the bonuses kick and assuming they are well structured, we would have a VERY good young defender with plenty of resale upside.

Neville Kneville said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Di Marzio: Everything sorted except an agreement between Savic and Fiorentina. Deal could be done today.

Any idea how much we have to pay them to take Savic ?

And do we need a skip or will they collect ?

Maybe i'm a bit soft, but this kind of invective, directed at a young lad who has tried his best for City in every game he's played, irritates me no end.

I know he didn't live up to expectations but he made only 13 starts last season ( Won: 10 Drew: 1 Lost 2 fwiw ) and had a handful of very tidy performances. Clearly he has his faults at this formative stage of his career, and maybe he'll never make it at the highest level ( very few do )but thats no reason for such a rancid, spiteful attitude.

obliquerays said:
Neville Kneville said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Di Marzio: Everything sorted except an agreement between Savic and Fiorentina. Deal could be done today.

Maybe i'm a bit soft, but this kind of invective, directed at a young lad who has tried his best for City in every game he's played, irritates me no end.

I know he didn't live up to expectations but he made only 13 starts last season ( Won: 10 Drew: 1 Lost 2 fwiw ) and had a handful of very tidy performances. Clearly he has his faults at this formative stage of his career, and maybe he'll never make it at the highest level ( very few do )but thats no reason for such a rancid, spiteful attitude.

Amen.

obliquerays said:
Neville Kneville said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

your not soft just a realist like most of us

thenabster said:
So we are buying a 19 year old with just one full season in Italy who plays at Fiorentina, a team that was 13th last year, for 15m euros +5 m in bonus plus Savic valued at 9m.

Are you kidding me ? That's like 20 m pounds with that money we could buy Diego Godin + Yanga Mbiwa and Mateo Mussacchio and parked the bus till the end of the season.

Seriously, that's why this transfer window has been super frustrating. Either we are keeping it cool for ffp or not. Now we are panic buying in the last 3 days of the window and spalshing shit cash like Liverpool buying Carroll.

*disclaimer

As every city fan if we do buy Nastasic, I will be his #1 fan and will hope he turns out to be better than Vidic.
Unbelievable isn't it. We could've easily sign a world class in Thiago Silva with that kinda of money!!! But hey, the Mawrood happy clappers gangs will tell yea a good story as to why we opt not to sign him or any other [insert name] players for that matter..... Meh!

Florence said:
have you started. If you are disliked the Italians can not speak English well then do not stay in Italy to spend the holidays and tan your pale skin

Brilliant !

CityCTID said:
thenabster said:

*disclaimer

Unbelievable isn't it. We could've easily sign a world class in Thiago Silva with that kinda of money!!! But hey, the Mawrood happy clappers gangs will tell yea a good story as to why we opt not to sign him or any other [insert name] players for that matter..... Meh!

Ok, the devils advocate position.

Nastasic = 20m GBP + approx. 18.2m GBP (70k pw over 5 years) - Savic's wages (approx 9.1m GBP (35k pw over 5 years) = 29.1m GBP

Thiago Silva = 35m GBP + approx. 52m GBP (200k pw over 5 years) - Savic's wages (approx 9.1m GBP (35k pw over 5 years) = 57.9m GBP

Difference = 28.8m GBP

Also taking into account the sell-on value of a 23 year old vs. that of a 32 year old (should they decide not to renew going into the final year of their contract) and the difficulty of getting someone to take a player on 200k per week (as we have seen with Ade, Bridge & RSC) and (even if we don't take into account PSG's ridiculously average start to the season) the targeting of Nastasic begins to make more sense.

lost_n_spaced said:
CityCTID said:
thenabster said:

*disclaimer

Ok, the devils advocate position.

Nastasic = 20m GBP + approx. 18.2m GBP (70k pw over 5 years) - Savic's wages (approx 9.1m GBP (35k pw over 5 years) = 29.1m GBP

Thiago Silva = 35m GBP + approx. 52m GBP (200k pw over 5 years) - Savic's wages (approx 9.1m GBP (35k pw over 5 years) = 57.9m GBP

Difference = 28.8m GBP

Also taking into account the sell-on value of a 23 year old 32 year old (should they decide not to renew going into the final year of their contract) and the difficulty of getting someone to take a player on 200k per week (as we have seen with Ade, Bridge & RSC) and (even if we don't take into account PSG's ridiculously average start to the season) the targeting of Nastasic begins to make more sense.

No, sensible logic must be discounted, in view of the fact Thiago Silva is well known and Ive heard of him whereas Nastasic is someone I'm unfamiliar with we should have bought Thiago Silva. Shame on you City, another disaster, as well as not signing Fellaini, Dembele, Van Persie, Hazard, anyone else who's started the season well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.