Nastasić

I liked how he seemed more than happy to play 20 yard passes with his right foot. He certainly doesn't seem to be all one foot, and for 19 he looks like he could be a very good player for us. But lets see how he does in more than one match before we get too carried away.

Very impressed with this kid last night considering it was his debut and on such a big stage. Good on the ball, calm and not afraid to get stuck in. Lescott should be worried about his position unless he can somehow develop some ball playing skills soon.

NipHolmes said:
ManCityTom said:
blue wang said:
i just know if lescott was in there woudl have been a fookin mess, de maria nad ronolda would have run rings aroun him.

good debut
keep playing him veRSus ballplaying teams, keep lescott for the thugs

ermm can anyone translate this?

On Nastasić he looked calm and assured like he`s been playing at the top level for many years.

I just know that should Lescott have played then we would have been in trouble. Ronaldo and Di Maria would have ran rings around him.

Good debut.

Keep Nastasic for opposition that are possession based teams. Keep Lescott for physically strong teams.

---

I make that wide of the mark myself. Whilst Lescott isn't a great passer he is certainly a good player, harsh to speak lowly of him.

i am a fan of lescott and am greatful for the service, but we need to move to the next level. we got to have central defenders who are comfortable on the ball. less hoofing more possesion , also if they can make a pass that swings play from defence to attack . this is essential for counter attacking football.

something we are going to have to get right at the big boys grounds

blue wang said:
NipHolmes said:
ManCityTom said:
ermm can anyone translate this?

On Nastasić he looked calm and assured like he`s been playing at the top level for many years.

I just know that should Lescott have played then we would have been in trouble. Ronaldo and Di Maria would have ran rings around him.

Good debut.

Keep Nastasic for opposition that are possession based teams. Keep Lescott for physically strong teams.

---

I make that wide of the mark myself. Whilst Lescott isn't a great passer he is certainly a good player, harsh to speak lowly of him.

i am a fan of lescott and am greatful for the service, but we need to move to the next level. we got to have central defenders who are comfortable on the ball. less hoofing more possesion , also if they can make a pass that swings play from defence to attack . this is essential for counter attacking football.

something we are going to have to get right at the big boys grounds

Agreed. We ned 5-6 better players in to replace k.Toure(past it),Lescott(good but not a top player),Nasri,Milner,Zabaleta,Dzeko . We should buy Falcao,Neven Subotić,Hummels,Lahm,Neymar,Isco,Wilshire.

-------- hart--------------
Richards---Hummels------Kompany-----Lahm
--------Garcia------Wilshere-------
-------------Toure-------------------
--------Silva-----------------Neymar
-----------Falco------------------------

Second team
--------- Costel Pantilimon----------------
Maicon------Nastasić---------Neven Subotić--------Clichy
--------------Rodwell--Barry----------
--------------Isco---------------------
----Mario-----------------------Tevez
----------Augero-----------------------------

He looks like a very level headed and mature guy for his age.

Didn't treat the ball like a hot potato and was looking for an outlet everytime in possession, looking forward to seeing more of him.

yeah was quite impressed overall he stood up to their big players and didnt panic on the ball, unlike savic so an improvement definatley.

Thought he had a good game personally. If he made mistakes, then so did the whole team, so taking that into account, I think he was as good as anyone.

I agree with the Lescott comments. Joleon might have been done for pace and Madrid really didn't give us a second's peace on the ball which is where he might have struggled. Joleon knows his strengths and weaknesses and he knows he will never be providing defence splitting passes. He'll win the ball and play it short to feet to either a midfielder or across the back line. Nasty, on the other hand has the technical ability and composure to keep the ball and play a decent ball either short or a more searching ball.

Having said all that, Joleon knows all about the Premier League, so I'd expect him back on Sunday. I could be wrong though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.