Nastasić

Excellent debut considering the magnitude of the game.

dref619 said:
Feel for Lescott, but we did it. We found that young cb, who's physically strong but good with the ball. Our monster .

Let's not get carried away.For me there was plenty of promise there but he did make a few mistakes, one was crucial and the other two I can remember could well have been. You cant stand off a top striker like Benzema on the edge of the box like he did for the 2nd goal.He almost gave a goal a way with some kind of weak back pass and I wondered what the hell he was doing when let that cross past him from their right wing when he looked in the correct position.

For his age and experience he did fine but lets not suggest he was brilliant

We conceded 3 goals, of which 1 was his man and he lost the ball a few times.

It's nothing to hold against him but he didn't play especially well. Will reserve my judgement.

I was very impressed, this was a full baptism of fire and he passed with flying colours. Obviously there were a few errors which is expectable at 19. but all in all he was very solid.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A star is born. Don't need to see any more, he has that touch of arrogance in his play that will take him all the way to the very top.

Lescott may be in trouble here.

I would say Kompany is the one in trouble unless he improves fast

Nelly's Left Foot said:
dref619 said:
Feel for Lescott, but we did it. We found that young cb, who's physically strong but good with the ball. Our monster .

Let's not get carried away.For me there was plenty of promise there but he did make a few mistakes, one was crucial and the other two I can remember could well have been. You cant stand off a top striker like Benzema on the edge of the box like he did for the 2nd goal.He almost gave a goal a way with some kind of weak back pass and I wondered what the hell he was doing when let that cross past him from their right wing when he looked in the correct position.

For his age and experience he did fine but lets not suggest he was brilliant

Yeah I agree, I think he needs time , but it looks like he can develop into that piqué/vidic monster of a centre half type to slot in next to Vinny. Do think he was unlucky with the benzema goal, if he gets any tighter on him he's going to get done and because he's give him half a yard, Benzema being world class has gone and done that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.