Nastasić

God I'm still sore from last night, more of a dull ache now. But making things better is the thought of this young man who aquitted himself really well. I think it can pay dividends to have a baptism of fire like that. Builds confidence.

Ragnarok said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
A star is born. Don't need to see any more, he has that touch of arrogance in his play that will take him all the way to the very top.

Lescott may be in trouble here.

I would say Kompany is the one in trouble unless he improves fast

VK didn't have the best game, I get a feeling he was over stretching due to not being familiar with the pairing with Nastasic.

i just know if lescott was in there woudl have been a fookin mess, de maria nad ronolda would have run rings aroun him.

good debut
keep playing him veRSus ballplaying teams, keep lescott for the thugs

Nastasic will make mistakes, and some of those mistakes will lead to goals. However, unlike Savic, I can see what Nastasic is trying to do. He's a cultured defender, very happy with the ball at his feet, would rather put his foot on it and play than find the stand with the ball. Sometimes it'll work, at others he'll screw up, but as he gets older and improves it'll work far more often than it doesn't. Overall a promising debut.

blue wang said:
i just know if lescott was in there woudl have been a fookin mess, de maria nad ronolda would have run rings aroun him.

good debut

ermm can anyone translate this?

On Nastasić he looked calm and assured like he`s been playing at the top level for many years.

he had a very good debut in a very tough match playing against the very best - and could be said his error cost us the second equaliser.

a good debut it may have been, though our defence as a unit looked shakey to say the very least for huge tranches of that match.

I have to question the decision to play a defence that has never played together before in a game of such magnitude..... Julian will be gutted.

ManCityTom said:
blue wang said:

good debut

ermm can anyone translate this?

On Nastasić he looked calm and assured like he`s been playing at the top level for many years.

I just know that should Lescott have played then we would have been in trouble. Ronaldo and Di Maria would have ran rings around him.

Good debut.

Keep Nastasic for opposition that are possession based teams. Keep Lescott for physically strong teams.

---

I make that wide of the mark myself. Whilst Lescott isn't a great passer he is certainly a good player, harsh to speak lowly of him.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
dref619 said:
Feel for Lescott, but we did it. We found that young cb, who's physically strong but good with the ball. Our monster .

Let's not get carried away.For me there was plenty of promise there but he did make a few mistakes, one was crucial and the other two I can remember could well have been. You cant stand off a top striker like Benzema on the edge of the box like he did for the 2nd goal.He almost gave a goal a way with some kind of weak back pass and I wondered what the hell he was doing when let that cross past him from their right wing when he looked in the correct position.

For his age and experience he did fine but lets not suggest he was brilliant

If he was on top of Benzema for the second, Benzema would've turned him even easier.

I have watched the goal over and over. Nastasic was coming back to his right, when the ball was passed to Benzema, which Benzema saw, and used the movement of Nastasic to his advantage. Had Nastasic not moved to the right, Benzema would've turned to the right instead, possibly.

Had Nastasic been on top of Benzema, he could also have risked a free kick if he played too aggressive. And there are a few "decent" freekick takers in Real.

From my point of view, there was nothing Nastasic could've done different in the situation. Benzema executed the first touch and shot to perfection. Can't think of any combination of goal keeper and defender that would have done any better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.