Nastasic is overrated

Were we really expecting to pay €15 million for a future world-class defender? - I think we did get one but I don't think anyone really expected it last summer.
Funny he gives Hazard a hard time too and it was his first season in the Prem

He does say: If you disagree with anything in this article, feel free to post a comment.

No matter your age, if you post something in the public domain that is clearly wrong, you should get shit for it. It comes with the territory.

blueinsa said:
stony said:
If he's only a kid, then that article is understandable. Lets not get all raggy on him.

*blows out the torch and hides the pitchfork away*

I'm considering sticking my neck out and suggesting that he's not as good (yet) as City fans make him out to be. What do you reckon?

hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
stony said:
If he's only a kid, then that article is understandable. Lets not get all raggy on him.

I'm considering sticking my neck out and suggesting that he's not as good (yet) as City fans make him out to be. What do you reckon?
Kompany
Vidic
Vermaelen
Agger
Koscielny
Terry
Ferdinand

He's in the top 10 - 12.

Blue Smarties said:
hgblue said:
blueinsa said:

Kompany
Vidic
Vermaelen
Agger
Koscielny
Terry
Ferdinand

He's in the top 10 - 12.

Only 2 out of that list are better.

hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
stony said:

Very early to say mate but his start has been excellent for me.

I like the lad and think he has incredible potential.

Will be interesting to see if Pellegrini shows the same amount of faith in the lad as Bob did or whether he feels he is not quite ready.

If he doesn't see him as an automatic first choice, we are going to need to sign a CB with Kolo gone, Lescott another who may not be technically gifted enough for Pellegrini and Vinny whose recent injury record isnt the best.

Feed-The-Goat said:
Blue Smarties said:
hgblue said:
Kompany
Vidic
Vermaelen
Agger
Koscielny
Terry
Ferdinand

He's in the top 10 - 12.

Only 2 out of that list are better.
I can't disagree, everyone who knows me know I have a ridiculous amount of love for Nastasic. I tried coming across as neutral though and threw in some names who aren't fit to shine Nastasics' boots. Blown my cover, fuck.<br /><br />-- Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 pm --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
Blue Smarties said:
Think I've found him on Twitter. Not going to post his Twitter until he confirms it's him as he's about 13.
Please don't post it either way.
IF he engages in discussion surely others should also be allowed to join in?

I think a world class defender , with a much heralded CV , would probably have cost a bit more than we paid for Nastasic , and it's probable that the player was bought as one 'for the future' , rather than one who was purchased to be an instant hit.

The fact that he HAS been something of an instant hit is credit to the player himself ... he's made life difficult for Joleon Lescott , he's played a lot more games than he probably thought he would , and once again the club have THE best goals against column in the Premiership.

He can only improve , and he will ....

black mamba said:
I think a world class defender , with a much heralded CV , would probably have cost a bit more than we paid for Nastasic , and it's probable that the player was bought as one 'for the future' , rather than one who was purchased to be an instant hit.

The fact that he HAS been something of an instant hit is credit to the player himself ... he's made life difficult for Joleon Lescott , he's played a lot more games than he probably thought he would , and once again the club have THE best goals against column in the Premiership.

He can only improve , and he will ....

Agree 100% - I hope Jolean wants to stay and fight for his place next season as i still think in some games he's the best man for the job. Either way the new manager may decide he wants centre back cover - particularly if Kompany picks up the injuries he's had this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.