Nastasic is overrated

Blue Smarties said:
cleavers said:
Blue Smarties said:
Think I've found him on Twitter. Not going to post his Twitter until he confirms it's him as he's about 13.
Please don't post it either way.
IF he engages in discussion surely others should also be allowed to join in?
Not if he's a know nothing kid, at least not via Bluemoon anyway, obviously you're welcome to engage him yourself, but don't publish it publicly on here please.

jknight said:
black mamba said:
I think a world class defender , with a much heralded CV , would probably have cost a bit more than we paid for Nastasic , and it's probable that the player was bought as one 'for the future' , rather than one who was purchased to be an instant hit.

The fact that he HAS been something of an instant hit is credit to the player himself ... he's made life difficult for Joleon Lescott , he's played a lot more games than he probably thought he would , and once again the club have THE best goals against column in the Premiership.

He can only improve , and he will ....

Agree 100% - I hope Jolean wants to stay and fight for his place next season as i still think in some games he's the best man for the job. Either way the new manager may decide he wants centre back cover - particularly if Kompany picks up the injuries he's had this season.

Yeah , bottom line is Nastasic is only 20 years of age , he only cost us £12 million (plus Savic) , and there's nobody more surprised than the player himself that he actually played so many games for us last season .. he certainly didn't expect to , you only have to read the media articles relating to him to see that.

Thiago Silva , for example , who many would consider to be a 'world class' defender , cost PSG a whole lot more than that (about £36 million) ...... and , at 28 , he's much older than Nastasic ......... Danni Alves , who's also older than Nastasic , cost Barcelona about £29 million.

Nastasic is 11 years younger than Vidic at United .. and , like Vidic , he will mature into a very reliable defender in time , i'm absolutely certain of it.

It's him, he's about 16. He seems a nice enough lad and is shocked by the amount of people who have read it so far (130,000). Getting more of a viewpoint of his on Nastasic. I'll preach the name.

Blue Smarties said:
It's him, he's about 16. He seems a nice enough lad and is shocked by the amount of people who have read it so far (130,000). Getting more of a viewpoint of his on Nastasic. I'll preach the name.
Might be worth pointing out to him that whilst he's passing judgement on Nastasic, that he's only 5 or 6 years younger himself, and ask him when he will be playing regularly in the PL, and CL (well OK not that regularly).

As for the name of the kid, please keep that off this thread thanks.<br /><br />-- Thu May 30, 2013 2:56 pm --<br /><br />
Chairman Wesker said:
Expose that's what BM is for!
Its not, we're not here for witch hunts. If the name is posted the thread will be pulled.

Okay, it's more a case of him believing Nastasic isn't the finalised product at this moment in time; he says that many state he is. He also believes that he has a lot of potential and will fulfill this in the upcoming years. More to come as he's replying to some facts.

Oh, he also said that he's stopped writing for the website as he only did it for his Duke of Edinburgh and "as you can see, it wasn't for me" (which I found a bit sad so told him if he enjoys it, to continue writing although take the time to read on your subjects).

blueinsa said:
hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
*blows out the torch and hides the pitchfork away*

I'm considering sticking my neck out and suggesting that he's not as good (yet) as City fans make him out to be. What do you reckon?

Very early to say mate but his start has been excellent for me.

I like the lad and think he has incredible potential.

Will be interesting to see if Pellegrini shows the same amount of faith in the lad as Bob did or whether he feels he is not quite ready.

If he doesn't see him as an automatic first choice, we are going to need to sign a CB with Kolo gone, Lescott another who may not be technically gifted enough for Pellegrini and Vinny whose recent injury record isnt the best.

Lescott's not mobile enough and not good enough on the ball to be an integral part of a CL winning team. Nastasic is strong in those areas and has bags of potential, but I don't think he's experienced enough or strong enough aerially to be ready to nail down that spot yet. I'd like to see a top quality experienced centre half brought in to provide cover for Kompany and allow Nastasic to be brought on more gradually.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
If I had to put money on it I'd say it was written by a 16 year old spurs fan.
West Ham.

He is of the opinion that Cazorla will be average next season, something I can't agree on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.