Nastasic

daxman said:
Freestyler said:
He had a bit of a shocker yesterday, probably his worse game in a city shirt.

nothing to worry about though.
If that is his worst game. Then I am not worried at all. Seeing as Kompany was worse on the day, even though most are pretending they didn't notice. I'll chalk it up as a bad day at the office for both. And move on in hopes of seeing better days.

Hmmm,maybe its controversy you crave,however,you're wumming again dax....... behave yourself,thats De Niros speciality.

daxman said:
worsleyweb said:
He is good and has great potential but I think he should be 3rd choice when the new guy gets fit.
Sure you don't wanna see the "new guy" first before pronouncing judgment?

I agree, hehe. And the new guy is 32 y. old. Nastasic is 20 y.old. Every young player make mistakes and learn from them. You can just hope that he doesnt make them in important games.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
Quite a few on here are slating him because of a lack of pace but it is not something I have noticed. He may not be a Keith Curle speed merchant but he is not slow by any means.

Quite a few on here obsessed with pace,

grim up north said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
Quite a few on here are slating him because of a lack of pace but it is not something I have noticed. He may not be a Keith Curle speed merchant but he is not slow by any means.

He kept pace in a 40 yard sprint with Ronaldo last year so he's certainly no slouch.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:45 pm --<br /><br />
pudge said:
daxman said:
Freestyler said:

If that is his worst game. Then I am not worried at all. Seeing as Kompany was worse on the day, even though most are pretending they didn't notice. I'll chalk it up as a bad day at the office for both. And move on in hopes of seeing better days.
Kompany 2 tackles, 5 clearances, 98% passing success, 11/11 accurate long balls.

Nastasic 1 tackles, 1 interception, 5 clearances, 92% passing success, 4 fouls given away, 3/4 long balls.

Both not entriely awful performances except obviously for their cock up, but it is hard to notice something that's not true to be fair

There's a chance, just a chance, that the statistics don't tell the whole story.

FantasyIreland said:
daxman said:
Freestyler said:

Hmmm,maybe its controversy you crave,however,you're wumming again dax....... behave yourself,thats De Niros speciality.
How so? See who was at fault for the goals.

1) It was Kompany that kept the striker (albeit offsides) looking darn close to not being offsides. Had he been attentive enough to the line, the offside would have been as clear as daylight. In fairness the offside was pretty close. Sure a bad call by the ref, but it was one that could have been missed by even the best ref. Kompany made it that close.

3) Goal number 3, it was Kompany's poor dealing with the punt and Nastasic's failure to follow a striker who gambled. In reality, Nastasic shouldn't have had a reason to chase a striker who was heading for offsides had Kompany dealt with the ball initially. So in my opinion, he was mostly at fault for that goal. And while forward running past Nasty looked bad, and thus spills some blame on Nasty. Simply Kompany should have dealt with that ball, and forward would simply had been offsides, and walking back to come help defend.

So besides the 2nd goal, which was really no different than every other foul we've given up in that area, with any of these 4 (Kompany, Dihno, Yaya and Nasty) being equally likely to be the perpetrator, I really don't blame Nasty for that goal. It was simply a great goal by Bacuna.

So overall, they were both poor. I think kompany was slightly worse, but his status here and selective memory colors that. Wasn't he also the one who lost a ball dribbling near our half?
Neither of our CDs and Hart were called upon often by Villa. But on the 3 occasions that led to their goals, they all failed to respond.

I am not being controversial, or attempting to be. Just looking at the facts of the game and trying not to let bias of status creep in.

kenzie115 said:
grim up north said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:

He kept pace in a 40 yard sprint with Ronaldo last year so he's certainly no slouch.

-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:45 pm --

pudge said:
daxman said:
Kompany 2 tackles, 5 clearances, 98% passing success, 11/11 accurate long balls.

Nastasic 1 tackles, 1 interception, 5 clearances, 92% passing success, 4 fouls given away, 3/4 long balls.

Both not entriely awful performances except obviously for their cock up, but it is hard to notice something that's not true to be fair
There's a chance, just a chance, that the statistics don't tell the whole story.
They don't, but they do moreso than passing off an opinion as a fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.