Nastasic

JamesA said:
I still don't think Nastasic is quite ready to be the regular CB starter, for me he's a little lazy at times, his relaxed nature, which is in many ways is a great attribute, can sometimes lean towards laziness.

I just wished we'd addressed the defensive weakness better in the summer, top quality CB partner for Kompany should have been a priority, then we could bring through Nastasic gently and could have cleared out Garcia or Lescott, neither of whom are good enough if you want to be winning leagues.

Left back still seems to be proving a problem for us as well.
So Lescott isn't good enough if you want to be winning leagues oh well 11/12 obviously been struck from the record books for what it's worth In my opinion Nasti has the chance to make a top quality centre back but he's not there yet and on Saturday Lambert knew it every opportunity the Villa keeper got he lumped the ball forward as fast as possible Sunday morning style because they knew sooner or later there was a chance to catch the centre back pairing out, When I saw villa's team sheet I'd rather have seen Lescott in.

daxman said:
Firasdo said:
Dax

Do you think that Nastasic is good "enough" for City ?
I am inclined to say yes. He is quite solid. Good tackler, great at reading plays, strong concentration, good ball skills. Hard to beat in the air. Sure he still commits a few too many fouls, but so does Kompany too. And he, Kompany, is amongst the top 3 CDs in Europe right now. I mean compared to the starting CDs of many other contenders, I'll take him over Rio Ferdinand at United, over Mertesacker at Arsenal. He is on par with Skrtel at Pool, and Dawson Spurs. I'd say Terry and Cahill are both slighly better.

On the continent, I'd say his on par with Raul Abiol at Napoli. I'll take him over Barzagli at Juventus. On Par with Both Boateng and Dante at Munich, not as good as either of the starters at Dortmund, or Madrid. But that is neither here nor there.

The point being we can succeed as a squad at all Levels with Nastasic as one of our CDs. Are there better there CDs out there? Absolutely! Should we go get one? Perhaps. I think we need a third topnotch CD anyway. Competition, and rotation is not a bad thing. It will make everyone better.

If your question is asking whether he is World Class, well no. He is as good as what other top teams have on their squad though.

Over barzagli :o best CB in Serie A by a distance

the old abbey said:
Big time overated im afraid.no pace, to casual on the ball.not a patch on vincent.then again vinny is the best defender in the world in my eyes.

He's plenty quick enough to play centre-back. And as for 'too casual on the ball': he has a 90% pass completion rate and hasn't been dispossessed once this season (Kompany has lost the ball twice).

His last couple of games have been below the standard expected of him (or any City player right now), but I expect he will recover from that quickly, he seems to have a good mentality for a lad his age.

FromPollockToSilva said:
the old abbey said:
Big time overated im afraid.no pace, to casual on the ball.not a patch on vincent.then again vinny is the best defender in the world in my eyes.

He's plenty quick enough to play centre-back. And as for 'too casual on the ball': he has a 90% pass completion rate and hasn't been dispossessed once this season (Kompany has lost the ball twice).

His last couple of games have been below the standard expected of him (or any City player right now), but I expect he will recover from that quickly, he seems to have a good mentality for a lad his age.
This, experience is key to being a great defender and he has all the time in the world. A couple of bad games, I'm positive he will come good.

He was the best young defender in the world last season and a crucial part of the PL's best defence.
He is impeccable on the ball, his positional sense is excellent and he's a very good ball-winner.
One bad game and people start to write him off?
The guy is twenty, he's a freak of nature for heaven's sake! I've never seen a defender as accomplished as him at that age!

Bluewonder said:
He was the best young defender in the world last season and a crucial part of the PL's best defence.
He is impeccable on the ball, his positional sense is excellent and he's a very good ball-winner.
The guy is twenty, he's a freak of nature for heaven's sake! I've never seen a defender as accomplished as him at that age!

+1

-- Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 pm --

Zlatan said:
Bluewonder said:

+1

Lets put it this way.
NONE of the current worlds BEST defenders didnt play SO GOOD at HIS AGE.

nellyonthewing said:
panzer1311 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
yes he had a bad game but some of these comments are pathetic! 'cant defend' 'cant head' 'too slow' 'no threat in opposition box' 'likely to give away penalty' 'likely to get 2 bookings'

if these are real flaws in his game, why have they not been exposed until now, and why haven't you lot piped up before about all his shortcomings?

because there's some fuckin morons support City , :(

Look' Moron' his flaws get exposed everytime Kompany is injured or banned. Yesterday even Kompany failed to bail him out..
As others keep saying he's going to be world class on that basis so will Lescott ?? When ,how can you be sure. If he is slow at 19 what the f ... is he going to be like at 27........
This is one of those comments I was talking about. I said on a separate thread (I think) that Nasty played better than Kompany in this game. If you go back and watch the highlights, you see Kompany was instrumental in all 3 goals.

First goal, was the linesman making a poor call. But it was Kompany who made him look onside.

The second goal, a wonderful free kick by the way, was mostly blamed on Nastasic for Fouling Weinmann. A dumb foul no doubt. But does anyone realize on the Weinmann was dribbling past Navas, who poked the ball, and it fell too Kompany, who overconfidently tried to control it, and got the ball poked thru his legs by Weinmann. Had Kompany just cleared up field, or even stamped hard at the ball, the play was over, and Nastasic would not have been caught giving, what in fact was a really soft foul. It is funny no one talks about the Kompany portion of that play.

3rd Goal: Kompany starts off running with Weinmann, man on man, then for no reason decides to stop midstride and turn to try to deal with the ball instead. Misjudges the balls trajectory, and perhaps a bit confused by the Villa player who jumped for it and the rest was history.

So when a forumer comes here and states that Nasty's flaws gets exposed when Kompany doesn't bail him out, one has to wonder if he watched the game at all.

On the highlights, you clearly see that every shot Villa had at our goal, involved a Kompany error or almost error.
The near botching of an offside: Kompany, led to VIlla first goal.
The poor control of a ball poked to him and was depending on how you view it, stolen from him, led to the foul for the second goal
His poor headed clearance, led to Vladds soft volley that Hart saved
His brain fart of stopping midway between chasing Weinmann and attacking the ball, led to the 4th shot and 3 goal.

Yet it seems Kompany's "unusual" day of errors have somehow been twisted and all hipped on Nastasic. The factual gymnastics that go on here with our favorite players is getting scary.

I love Kompany and will not exchange him for any defender anywhere. But when he has been poor, say so!

daxman said:
nellyonthewing said:
panzer1311 said:
because there's some fuckin morons support City , :(

Look' Moron' his flaws get exposed everytime Kompany is injured or banned. Yesterday even Kompany failed to bail him out..
As others keep saying he's going to be world class on that basis so will Lescott ?? When ,how can you be sure. If he is slow at 19 what the f ... is he going to be like at 27........
This is one of those comments I was talking about. I said on a separate thread (I think) that Nasty played better than Kompany in this game. If you go back and watch the highlights, you see Kompany was instrumental in all 3 goals.

First goal, was the linesman making a poor call. But it was Kompany who made him look onside.

The second goal, a wonderful free kick by the way, was mostly blamed on Nastasic for Fouling Weinmann. A dumb foul no doubt. But does anyone realize on the Weinmann was dribbling past Navas, who poked the ball, and it fell too Kompany, who overconfidently tried to control it, and got the ball poked thru his legs by Weinmann. Had Kompany just cleared up field, or even stamped hard at the ball, the play was over, and Nastasic would not have been caught giving, what in fact was a really soft foul. It is funny no one talks about the Kompany portion of that play.

3rd Goal: Kompany starts off running with Weinmann, man on man, then for no reason decides to stop midstride and turn to try to deal with the ball instead. Misjudges the balls trajectory, and perhaps a bit confused by the Villa player who jumped for it and the rest was history.

So when a forumer comes here and states that Nasty's flaws gets exposed when Kompany doesn't bail him out, one has to wonder if he watched the game at all.

On the highlights, you clearly see that every shot Villa had at our goal, involved a Kompany error or almost error.
The near botching of an offside: Kompany, led to VIlla first goal.
The poor control of a ball poked to him and was depending on how you view it, stolen from him, led to the foul for the second goal
His poor headed clearance, led to Vladds soft volley that Hart saved
His brain fart of stopping midway between chasing Weinmann and attacking the ball, led to the 4th shot and 3 goal.

Yet it seems Kompany's "unusual" day of errors have somehow been twisted and all hipped on Nastasic. The factual gymnastics that go on here with our favorite players is getting scary.

I love Kompany and will not exchange him for any defender anywhere. But when he has been poor, say so!

I'd agree that Kompany was poor, was probably more at fault for the third and played his part in the second (though the foul, while perhaps 'soft' was nonetheless stupid and unnecessary). But Nastasic was more at fault for the first - at no point does he have any idea where his man is (the scorer) and gets drawn to the ball. Nothing wrong with Kompany's position.

Last season we had a load of clueless pillocks calling Nastasic 'the new Bobby Moore' & likening him to all kinds of other world greats, now some other idiots are writing him off.

He's a promising young player. End of.

That's what he was last season. He may turn out great, good, average, or not very good. The truth is, we don't know yet & we didn't know last season.

He wasn't brilliant then & he isn't shit now, he has done 'ok', sometimes quite good, sometimes not very good at all.

All the rest is just bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.