Nastasic

daxman said:
FantasyIreland said:
daxman said:
If that is his worst game. Then I am not worried at all. Seeing as Kompany was worse on the day, even though most are pretending they didn't notice. I'll chalk it up as a bad day at the office for both. And move on in hopes of seeing better days.

Hmmm,maybe its controversy you crave,however,you're wumming again dax....... behave yourself,thats De Niros speciality.
How so? See who was at fault for the goals.

1) It was Kompany that kept the striker (albeit offsides) looking darn close to not being offsides. Had he been attentive enough to the line, the offside would have been as clear as daylight. In fairness the offside was pretty close. Sure a bad call by the ref, but it was one that could have been missed by even the best ref. Kompany made it that close.

3) Goal number 3, it was Kompany's poor dealing with the punt and Nastasic's failure to follow a striker who gambled. In reality, Nastasic shouldn't have had a reason to chase a striker who was heading for offsides had Kompany dealt with the ball initially. So in my opinion, he was mostly at fault for that goal. And while forward running past Nasty looked bad, and thus spills some blame on Nasty. Simply Kompany should have dealt with that ball, and forward would simply had been offsides, and walking back to come help defend.

So besides the 2nd goal, which was really no different than every other foul we've given up in that area, with any of these 4 (Kompany, Dihno, Yaya and Nasty) being equally likely to be the perpetrator, I really don't blame Nasty for that goal. It was simply a great goal by Bacuna.

So overall, they were both poor. I think kompany was slightly worse, but his status here and selective memory colors that. Wasn't he also the one who lost a ball dribbling near our half?
Neither of our CDs and Hart were called upon often by Villa. But on the 3 occasions that led to their goals, they all failed to respond.

I am not being controversial, or attempting to be. Just looking at the facts of the game and trying not to let bias of status creep in.

Defense wining games, need to learn to defend better. Have more confidence and avoid stupid mistakes.

pudge said:
daxman said:
Freestyler said:
He had a bit of a shocker yesterday, probably his worse game in a city shirt.

nothing to worry about though.
If that is his worst game. Then I am not worried at all. Seeing as Kompany was worse on the day, even though most are pretending they didn't notice. I'll chalk it up as a bad day at the office for both. And move on in hopes of seeing better days.
Kompany 2 tackles, 5 clearances, 98% passing success, 11/11 accurate long balls.

Nastasic 1 tackles, 1 interception, 5 clearances, 92% passing success, 4 fouls given away, 3/4 long balls.

Both not entriely awful performances except obviously for their cock up, but it is hard to notice something that's not true to be fair
Statistically Komps had a better game. But the key issue was with the cockups. Kompany was prominent on the 1st and 3rd goal. Nastasic was in my opinion a minor on the 2nd and 3rd goals. That suggest a worse day for Komps in my opinion. In terms of Touches, Kompany had 44 to Nasty's 53, Komps Lost possession in a dangerous area.

In essense, here is Kompany's day
Good: 4 tackles, 98% pass completion, 5 clearances, 44 touches.
Bad: Failed to deal with Ball that led to 3rd goal. Lost possession dribbling in our half, Kept Al Hamadi seemingly Onside for 1st goal (albeit Offside should have been called)
Nastasic:
Good: Interception, 92% completion, 5 clearances, 53 touches, Shot block.
Bad: 4 fouls (1 led to freekick for 2nd goal), Failed to follow a forward heading offside leading to 3rd goal.

For me Kompany was at fault for goal #3. And that was the decider. He didn't play better otherwise as we were mostly in control. They both sprayed passes to each other or to their fulll backs. But in the key moments that lost us the game Kompany was more prevalent and wanting. For that reason, he was poorer than Nastasic.

nastasic was responsible for the 2nd goal , stupid free kick to give away , player was going knowhere , i would put lescott back in the team for bayern and "the peoples club"

if lescott had done any of that shit defending this would have been page 200+ now...just saying!!!

I still don't think Nastasic is quite ready to be the regular CB starter, for me he's a little lazy at times, his relaxed nature, which is in many ways is a great attribute, can sometimes lean towards laziness.

I just wished we'd addressed the defensive weakness better in the summer, top quality CB partner for Kompany should have been a priority, then we could bring through Nastasic gently and could have cleared out Garcia or Lescott, neither of whom are good enough if you want to be winning leagues.

Left back still seems to be proving a problem for us as well.

Firasdo said:
Dax

Do you think that Nastasic is good "enough" for City ?
I am inclined to say yes. He is quite solid. Good tackler, great at reading plays, strong concentration, good ball skills. Hard to beat in the air. Sure he still commits a few too many fouls, but so does Kompany too. And he, Kompany, is amongst the top 3 CDs in Europe right now. I mean compared to the starting CDs of many other contenders, I'll take him over Rio Ferdinand at United, over Mertesacker at Arsenal. He is on par with Skrtel at Pool, and Dawson Spurs. I'd say Terry and Cahill are both slighly better.

On the continent, I'd say his on par with Raul Abiol at Napoli. I'll take him over Barzagli at Juventus. On Par with Both Boateng and Dante at Munich, not as good as either of the starters at Dortmund, or Madrid. But that is neither here nor there.

The point being we can succeed as a squad at all Levels with Nastasic as one of our CDs. Are there better there CDs out there? Absolutely! Should we go get one? Perhaps. I think we need a third topnotch CD anyway. Competition, and rotation is not a bad thing. It will make everyone better.

If your question is asking whether he is World Class, well no. He is as good as what other top teams have on their squad though.

JamesA said:
I still don't think Nastasic is quite ready to be the regular CB starter, for me he's a little lazy at times, his relaxed nature, which is in many ways is a great attribute, can sometimes lean towards laziness.

I just wished we'd addressed the defensive weakness better in the summer, top quality CB partner for Kompany should have been a priority, then we could bring through Nastasic gently and could have cleared out Garcia or Lescott, neither of whom are good enough if you want to be winning leagues.

Left back still seems to be proving a problem for us as well.

In Demichellis we did address the problem,unfortunately him suffering an immediate injury was not part of the plan.

Dogsbollox1962 said:
The kids going to be a stud
Did any of you have a bad day @ work ever ..................?
When it goes right there is nothing to learn. It is only when it goes wrong that one can improve - by learning from the mistakes. If he learns from Saturday's performance, whether by himself or by having it pointed out by others, and - most importantly - can apply what he learns, then all well and good.

Pellers was apparently a stud of a centre-half in Argentina so I'm sure he can help Nasty iron out his mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.