Nastasic

the old abbey said:
Big time overated im afraid.no pace, to casual on the ball.not a patch on vincent.then again vinny is the best defender in the world in my eyes.

Bit harsh a top center half is nasty but should, nt be playing every game he, s not slow great in the air good strength and great on the ball.

Neville Kneville said:
Last season we had a load of clueless pillocks calling Nastasic 'the new Bobby Moore' & likening him to all kinds of other world greats, now some other idiots are writing him off.

He's a promising young player. End of.

That's what he was last season. He may turn out great, good, average, or not very good. The truth is, we don't know yet & we didn't know last season.

He wasn't brilliant then & he isn't shit now, he has done 'ok', sometimes quite good, sometimes not very good at all.great post

All the rest is just bullshit.

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 am --

Sorry neville that was meant too say top post.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 am --<br /><br />Sorry neville that was meant too say top post.

Bluewonder said:
He was the best young defender in the world last season and a crucial part of the PL's best defence.
He is impeccable on the ball, his positional sense is excellent and he's a very good ball-winner.
One bad game and people start to write him off?
The guy is twenty, he's a freak of nature for heaven's sake! I've never seen a defender as accomplished as him at that age!
No he wasn't, that award would go to Marquinhos. he would get in the top 10 though

Of all the people saying that Nasty is too inexperienced, not developed enough, not as good as Lescott, etc., I wonder how many would have picked him to start against Villa before the game? Pretty much everyone, I'd imagine. One bad game (actually, a bad ten minutes of a half) doesn't suddenly change the fact that for the past 12 months he's been more than good enough to start games.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bluewonder said:
He was the best young defender in the world last season and a crucial part of the PL's best defence.
He is impeccable on the ball, his positional sense is excellent and he's a very good ball-winner.
The guy is twenty, he's a freak of nature for heaven's sake! I've never seen a defender as accomplished as him at that age!
No he wasn't, that award would go to Marquinhos. he would get in the top 10 though

Debatable, but fair argument. Along with him and Varane, Nastasic is a cut above. He reads the game like Beckenbauer, and his physical attributes will develop as he gets older. The guy will be the PL's stand-out defender from the age of 23-32. He will be the rock at the heart of the Manchester City dynasty.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bluewonder said:

Varane, Nastasic and Marquinhos all had great seasons. Statistically Nastasic was one of the best around surely as we had a great defensive record.

Neville is harsh if you ask me and is a fan boy of Lescott who imo should go in Jan.

He once said Ozil wasn't anywhere near as good as Silva..........

Nastasic is tidy in possession which is as important as being defensively sound. Lescott is a mistake waiting to happen and shits himself in possession. Nastasic is a fantastic player imo and should be compared to players his age and similar. Name me one player his age in the prem who's as good as him? He buys and sells the lot of them.

Tough crowd on here.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bluewonder said:

Why would it go to Marquinhos?

People are saying he isn't a top player?

What?

I would start him over Lescott or Kolo Toure every. single. week.

He isn't as good as Kompany or Silva yet, but he is still one of the best centre backs in the league.

Him and Varane are the next generation.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:53 pm --<br /><br />
01cravend said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bluewonder said:

Why would it go to Marquinhos?

It wouldn't. PSG have just spent £35,000,000 on him though so that automatically makes him "world class" to some people.

@BluePhil8 said:
People are saying he isn't a top player?

What?

I would start him over Lescott or Kolo Toure every. single. week.

He isn't as good as Kompany or Silva yet, but he is still one of the best centre backs in the league.

Him and Varane are the next generation.
Is David a centre back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.