Nastasic

dwren said:
They said the same about Mica Richards at 19......................just saying..

Micah was a powerful center half playing in a mid table team, Nastasic reads the game brilliantly, is comfortable on the ball, decent in the air. Miles better than Richards was at the same age.

Neville Kneville said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Neville Kneville said:
Micah has played against many of the 'legends' of modern day football & got the better of most of them, whilst playing in shit to average teams.

Nastasic had never come out on top of a duel against anybody. He does ok as part of one of the best teams in Europe. Micah debuted v Arsenal & was some people's motm when we beat possibly the most talented rags team ever with a backs to the wall effort.

Nastasic is nowhere near where Micah was at the sane age. He has never produced a match winning defensive showing v anybody.

If City have to dig deep defensively we lose.

It's still not comparable. Maybe if Micah were so brilliant at CB he'd still be playing there and we wouldn't have the supposed issue?

But wait, let's just see him turn in shite like Sunderland in his "preferred" position, preferred because he evidently cba defending properly as shown at Sunderland.

Nastasic doesn't turn in a match winning performance because he doesn't need to, he defends in a different style that has displayed his class over the past 15 months.

You can argue till your blue in the face but you'll have 15 years of misery if you're not going to enjoy Nasty because he's going to be here as a star for an awful long time.

Appreciate it or weep, we'll enjoy it.

I don't know if Nastasic will be here for 15 years or 2 years. He hasn't proved anything yet.

You may THINK you know it, but that's just because you are up your own arse.

Nobody can judge that on what we've seen so far, & anyone who says they can, is full of shit.

I have seen better central defenders of the same age & younger, who, as you have pointed out, have not succeeded in later years. Quite a few.

NAME NAMES THEN!!!!!!!

By and large Nastasic has played every time he's been fit under Pellegrini, by the same token Lescott has only played when at leats 2 players have injuries. Could see Pellegrini rating Demichelis over Nastasic possibly, but IMO that would be silly. I like Demichelis as a squad player but Nasty is better as they both stand, not to mention carrying enormous potential if we allow him to learn by doing. A lot of people complain on here about young players not getting a chance at city, pine for Guidetti etc.. Yet bemoan that we play the only top class first team young player we have.

That said, I can also imagine Pellegrini buying a top centre back either in January or Summer, won't really get a sense of who he thinks is the best until everyone's fit at the same time, which this being city is a science fiction concept.

Kun Aguero said:
dwren said:

Micah was a powerful center half playing in a mid table team, Nastasic reads the game brilliantly, is comfortable on the ball, decent in the air. Miles better than Richards was at the same age.

Neville Kneville said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's still not comparable. Maybe if Micah were so brilliant at CB he'd still be playing there and we wouldn't have the supposed issue?

But wait, let's just see him turn in shite like Sunderland in his "preferred" position, preferred because he evidently cba defending properly as shown at Sunderland.

Nastasic doesn't turn in a match winning performance because he doesn't need to, he defends in a different style that has displayed his class over the past 15 months.

You can argue till your blue in the face but you'll have 15 years of misery if you're not going to enjoy Nasty because he's going to be here as a star for an awful long time.

Appreciate it or weep, we'll enjoy it.

I don't know if Nastasic will be here for 15 years or 2 years. He hasn't proved anything yet.

Nobody can judge that on what we've seen so far, & anyone who says they can, is full of shit.

I have seen better central defenders of the same age & younger, who, as you have pointed out, have not succeeded in later years. Quite a few.

NAME NAMES THEN!!!!!!!

No point, those who love Nastasic to bits & have their own opinion on his attributes will just say 'oh no they wren't'.

For instance, all the stuff about Nastasic 'reading the game' is utter bullshit imo, based on nothing but a personal liking of the player. I watch Nastasic & I see a young kid, learning from one game to the next, from his own mistakes, how to be a centre back in the premier league, & good luck to him, I think he is learning, gradually.

The idea he is 'reading the game' like some fucking enlightened being, is such pretentious bullshit peddled by people trying to make out they 'see' stuff the rest of us can't. Utter horseshit. If he 'read' stuff, he would have headed out the fucking ball v Chelsea before it bounced, rather than past Joe Hart.

He's a kid, making kids' mistakes, & Micah Richards 'read' everything just the same, at a younger age, but was faster, better in the air & stronger.

Both were flawed kids with potential, but Micah had more athleticism.

Neville Kneville said:
Kun Aguero said:
dwren said:

Neville Kneville said:

NAME NAMES THEN!!!!!!!

No point, those who love Nastasic to bits & have their own opinion on his attributes will just say 'oh no they wren't'.

For instance, all the stuff about Nastasic 'reading the game' is utter bullshit imo, based on nothing but a personal liking of the player. I watch Nastasic & I see a young kid, learning from one game to the next, from his own mistakes, how to be a centre back in the premier league, & good luck to him, I think he is learning, gradually.

The idea he is 'reading the game' like some fucking enlightened being, is such pretentious bullshit peddled by people trying to make out they 'see' stuff the rest of us can't. Utter horseshit. If he 'read' stuff, he would have headed out the fucking ball v Chelsea before it bounced, rather than past Joe Hart.

He's a kid, making kids' mistakes, & Micah Richards 'read' everything just the same, at a younger age, but was faster, better in the air & stronger.

Nasty is 10 times the centre back Micah ever will be

First thing that runs through my head when I see Richards defending in the area is "penalty coming up". Think Nasty is smarter. Richards is a hell of an athlete, but I'm not keen on seeing him anywhere near our penalty area.

ianw16 said:
First thing that runs through my head when I see Richards defending in the area is "penalty coming up". Think Nasty is smarter. Richards is a hell of an athlete, but I'm not keen on seeing him anywhere near our penalty area.
I agree and I think most of the time he forgets he is a defender first .

oldhamblue said:
Neville Kneville said:
Kun Aguero said:

NAME NAMES THEN!!!!!!!

Nasty is 10 times the centre back Micah ever will be

Nastasic isn't yet ten times the centre back anybody will be, he is a kid, learning to be a centre back, just as Richards once was a kid learning to be a centre back, before he became a fullback.

The rest is Phil Jones/Duncan Edwards type bullshit by City fans acting like Utd fans.

When he actually starts producing regular top quality Premier League centre back performances, then start sucking his dick.

Before his injury, he was turning in very very average performances & involved in plenty of very dodgy defensive cockups.

Let him get on with his career quietly & let's see if he's actually any good, then praise him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.