Nastasic

Can't praise him enough. We are very lucky to have him. Great spot by the management and scouting team but most credit to the player himself. Doesn't seem big-headed at all but has such wonderful ability. could do with a yard or two more of pace if I am greedy, but what a cracking player for such a young lad. A decade with City and he could easily become our very own Maldini-esque figurehead.

There is a light said:
Any chance of the 'experts' recognising him any time soon?

I bet he's not even short listed for Young Player of the Year.
Who cares what people say, or don't say, about him? It doesn't change the fact that he's fucking class.

Lucky Toma said:
The lad is a freak of nature. I've seen plenty of players that good in other positions but never before with the composure and decision-making he has as a teenage centre-back.

To imagine him with a fully fit back-to-his-best Vinnie is just frightening.
No need to imagine it.... we saw it earlier in the season when we kept about 6 or 7 clean sheets on the bounce! :)

Tricky_Trev said:
Lucky Toma said:
The lad is a freak of nature. I've seen plenty of players that good in other positions but never before with the composure and decision-making he has as a teenage centre-back.

To imagine him with a fully fit back-to-his-best Vinnie is just frightening.
No need to imagine it.... we saw it earlier in the season when we kept about 6 or 7 clean sheets on the bounce! :)

Very true Trev but it was noticable that Vinnie was concentrating on the basics - trying to get his form back. Which puts even more praise onto Nasty.

Nasty is by far the bargain of last summer's transfer window, cool, calm and very collected.
For such a young lad he is so experienced looking - always looks to play the ball to his teammates rather than just hoof the ball anywhere away from him.
Only one hope for him and that is that he doesn't go the way of Stevie Ireland - one great season, then obscurity.

I think if he sustains his form he should be the Young Player of the Year.

Regardless of that I am amazed at how quick he has settled.

The only thing he needs to do IMO is be a bit more dominant in the air. Many people are saying he wasn't bullied by Ba at all, but he was a couple of times, which is OK given the fact Ba will bully almost any defender. He does look stronger than when he first got to the club (definitely more than when I saw him at Fiorentina) but it's crazy to think he is just 19.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.